Scarves ........The Hermès Fall/Winter 2019 Scarves...........

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hm I thought laser printing is a more precise way to print more complex and detailed modern designs.

I am still not sure how I feel about the color families myself. I can see how it's supposed to fit a more holistic design vision for Hermes etc, but even if I like a color family, I am not likely to purchase more than one scarf because I feel they are too similar otherwise. I haven't been buying as many scarves per collection, although I do thoroughly enjoy the ones I do buy.

2. I do wonder if they might do more 'old school' designs at some point. I think we are just in the graphic phase, but they do mix it up eventually.

I can certainly do without all the BdGs though... I own exactly one vintage scarf in that design and never really wear it.

eliwon likes this.
  3. From long experience I can predict that not being enthused about the upcoming season's collection means you will go gaga over the one after that. This is an iron law of nature.

ElainePG, ninakt, GoldFish8 and 12 others like this.
  4. I googled H Press Day and have to say with scarves being shown at an angle so it's hard to see the complete (or at least most of) design, the Press day pix can be a real tease. Thank you for your pictures Angelian, yours were pix a person could make buying plans with.

Angelian, FizzyWater and mcl1818 like this.
  5. Does anyone have info on what the tiny Kelly is? I took the screenshot from Angelian’s first post. TIA! :flowers:

5AE1B85E-F700-4996-B6B5-4427C66CC827.jpeg

6. The perfect setting or decor for wearing the desserts scarf (which I will buy in every color) is the cake pictures of artist Wayne Thiebald --example below. I wandered into an exhibition room of his at a major museum and thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
    [​IMG]

ElainePG, gix2lee, Maedi and 11 others like this.

7. I'm sure it was. I remember a thread speaking of laser printing being the reason that the back of the scarf has greater contrast from the front. It made me think that they use less ink so are there by saving money. Perhaps a wrong conclusion to take?:shrugs:Either way the colour family; you are right I have no interest in two designs with the exact same colours, a happy accident happening years in between? Maybe, but not the same season. So far, I still miss the shading imagine animalpolis with more colour details....:biggrin:

eagle1002us and momasaurus like this.
  8. I thought of thibaud as well when I saw this scarf!

Julide and eagle1002us like this.
  9. Oh wow. So far loving the start of FW19. SS hasn't been as exciting for me.

ninakt and Angelian like this.
  10. OMG you cracked me up!!!!! Too funny!

11. You nailed it @eagle1002us !

eagle1002us and Julide like this.
  12. #89 Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Press pics found on Instagram. The silks depicted are the new Maxi Twilly Slim in H au Galop and also 70cm Balade en Berline Bandana. Silk tied on the Birkin is 70cm Ex-Libris Les Pariessiens.
    Screenshot_20190423-112245_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-114341_Instagram.jpg
    New design by Jan Batjlik, Cosmographia Universalis
    Screenshot_20190423-114906_Instagram.jpg

13. I absolutely hate the printing now. There is no depth.
    How funny, I don't find the shading and detail of earlier designs "ladylike," just more artistic, but I agree - more variety would be great! This new Cité map design is right up my alley. I thought I would love the new Amoureux de Paris from S/S but the printing really turned me off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice