The GST Club

@BigAkoya she has now took down the other photo after I questioned and added another photo. She has also added a photo of the full serial number. Looks like it's is 19 series, starts with 19. She's also increased the price that is more in line with other Preloved GSTs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chanel-G...975554?hash=item3b56e5ddc2:g:KhEAAOSwey5gHoyw

Does it still look like a fake? I suppose I'm hanging onto small hope that it is real because these bags are so hard to come by. I promise to stop after this lol need to stop my riduculous obsession.

Yes, I noticed this too. I did ask her if the photo was from the web. She said yes and said good spot. She has posted another photo of her bag. It sounds too good to be true so guess I'll have to pass.
"Good Spot?" That's kind of a weak answer. Are her other photos from web photos? This really sounds off to me. Why would any legit seller grab photos from the web?

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
@BigAkoya she has now took down the other photo after I questioned and added another photo. She has also added a photo of the full serial number. Looks like it's is 19 series, starts with 19. She's also increased the price that is more in line with other Preloved GSTs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chanel-G...975554?hash=item3b56e5ddc2:g:KhEAAOSwey5gHoyw

Does it still look like a fake? I suppose I'm hanging onto small hope that it is real because these bags are so hard to come by. I promise to stop after this lol need to stop my riduculous obsession.
Honestly, I would not buy this bag. You seem to have to drag information out of her, and that is not a sign of a good seller. Plus, I would never buy from a seller who posted a fake photo, of which the photo is not even a photo of the right bag or her own bag. That one fake photo alone would be a deal breaker for me. The other photos look good, but there are just things that are off to me around this listing such as the fake photo, a "brand new" bag in pristine condition, yet without a receipt. Why doesn't she have the receipt? Everyone knows receipts matter. It doesn't add up. Oh... and did she ever send you a photo of the side of the box with tags? It doesn't matter if you are not going to buy... top asking her... she'll come up with some answer I am sure. I am not trying to bash her, but any seller of high priced luxury items has the responsibility to prove it is authentic. It is not the responsibility of the buyer to "ask the right questions to prove authenticity". So for me... I would pass on this bag.

I also see she has a no returns policy. I would not buy such an expensive item with a no return policy. Yes, you are under eBay protection, but as everyone knows, eBay is out to protect the seller (they want more sellers to sell on eBay, that is how eBay survives and which is why I think eBay allows so many fakes). It will be up to you to prove you deserve a full refund. That is too much drama for me.

If you really really really want this bag, ask her this: Ask her if you can get it authenticated, and if it comes back as fake, regardless of what authenticity service you use, can you get a full refund? I say "regardless of what authenticity service you use" because if it does come back fake, then she may start to say "well, that company is not reliable, my bag is authentic". Again... too much drama and debate and now she already has your money. Did you already ask her if you can return it after you authenticate it? Oh, and put in writing how many days you need. Be very specific because if nothing is agreed to in writing upfront, the "no returns" stands.

If you want this bag because it is new, I honestly would not get hung up on this part. I would prioritize getting an authentic bag first, one that has been certified and also from a reputable seller. GSTs by definition are now "vintage". LOL. There are lots of GSTs, so don't get desperate and settle. If it doesn't feel right, your gut feel is always right. GSTs were made by the truckload... everyone had one, it was truly an IT bag during it's day. The trend is now toward mini bags, so I am certain you will find your GST as owners are selling their GSTs to fund their mini-obsession. Wait, be patient, your bag will find you.

Have you looked at Fashionphile? They have a ton of Black GSTs? I would rather get a used one I know is authentic.
Shop Pre owned Designer Handbags | Used Designer Bags | Fashionphile

I hope that helps in your decision.

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
@BigAkoya thank you. I appreciate your help. I will not buy from her. For me the fake photo was a red flag. Plus that it is in "perfect" condition after all these years.
My
- I don't care if the bag is used, but in at least very good condition, don't mind the slight slouch
- I just want an authentic bag with its authenticity card
- I also don't need the packaging or box
- I suppose what drew me so much was the price point. I have a limit that I don't want to go over
- plus the seller is in the UK. With Brexit if I buy form Euope I have to deal with the added custom and duty charges. It v.rare these days to find GSTs from the UK. Fashionphile is US based so I have customs and duties as well.

@BigAkoya thank you. I appreciate your help. I will not buy from her. For me the fake photo was a red flag. Plus that it is in "perfect" condition after all these years.
My
- I don't care if the bag is used, but in at least very good condition, don't mind the slight slouch
- I just want an authentic bag with its authenticity card
- I also don't need the packaging or box
- I suppose what drew me so much was the price point. I have a limit that I don't want to go over
- plus the seller is in the UK. With Brexit if I buy form Euope I have to deal with the added custom and duty charges. It v.rare these days to find GSTs from the UK. Fashionphile is US based so I have customs and duties as well.
I am sure you will find your bag. Be patient.
By the way, I am not sure how you plan to use your bag... for everyday or to lug to work. If the latter, have you looked at the Cerf Tote? That bag is my workhorse. I use it for travel and for lugging around in the city. It is far more roomy than the GST (no dividers) and the single strap makes it much more city/travel friendly if you are lugging a laptop, water bottle, etc. The Cert Tote is also discontinued, but you can probably find some. There is a Cerf Tote thread in this forum in case you area interested to find out more. I love my Cerf Tote for work. It is so beat up and slouchy, a well loved bag with many stories to tell.

Both are totes, but both to me are very different in functionality.

Last edited:
@Minimalist_Chic
I went back to the listing to see what I myself would in your situation to really think through it.
I looked at her past feedback as a seller, and I saw she had two negative feedbacks, one that she lied about something, and the second was the buyer had to end up going through eBay to get a refund (which means the buyer had to open up a case against her as she would not offer a refund). I thought I would share this info so you can add it to your pros/cons list.

For me, seeing these two feedback from buyers, I would definitely pass.

Reactions: ConsciFashion
Hi everyone. What's the usual price of the GST these days in the resale market? Someone told me the prices have been falling lately. Is that true?
I think overall totes and bigger bags are cheaper now given the mini bag craze. You see a lot of Hermes larger sizes now for sale as everyone wants the mini versions. Now is a good time to buy a big tote before the big bag craze comes back!

I myself can’t wait until this mini bag trend is over. I like big bags! Serious ladies need serious bags!

I think overall totes and bigger bags are cheaper now given the mini bag craze. You see a lot of Hermes larger sizes now for sale as everyone wants the mini versions. Now is a good time to buy a big tote before the big bag craze comes back!

I myself can’t wait until this mini bag trend is over. I like big bags! Serious ladies need serious bags!
Oh god! That's so true! I can't leave the house with an itty bitty mini bag. I have stuff I need to carry if I'm gonna be out all day and where am I supposed to stuff it in a little WOC?
I don't like this trend but you're right it's been good because the big bags got cheaper.

I so agree big time! I never mess around with mini bags...

Reactions: ConsciFashion
@ bigakoya or anyone else Would you buy a Chanel GST with tarnish on the zipper and gold ring? Or should I wait?
Otherwise the handbag is in very good condition.
I am thinking of getting this fixed from bag restorer repairer type, don't think Chanel will offer as I've brought it second hand.

@ bigakoya or anyone else Would you buy a Chanel GST with tarnish on the zipper and gold ring? Or should I wait?
Otherwise the handbag is in very good condition.
I am thinking of getting this fixed from bag restorer repairer type, don't think Chanel will offer as I've brought it second hand.
I think you can get it repaired from chanel and just lay for it. The gold on my gst rings started flaking off within a year of purchase from the boutique so my SA had it sent to chanel and they replaced it in Paris. They did it for free because it was within a year. You can call one of the boutiques and just say it was handed down by your relative and how much it would be to replace the grommets and zipper. If you can't get it repaired, I wouldn't buy it.

Reactions: Minimalist_Chic