The ❤Gabrielle❤ Bag: It's a HIT!!

Anyone have comparison pics of the two backpack sizes for the Gabrielle? I'm 5'1 and would love to nab one of the two sizes but am unsure if I should try and go for the larger size or stick to the small.

I also wonder if the straps are longer on the larger size potentially? Can any backpack owners share some modelling pics and their heights for reference?
Thanks so much!!

How? I even have a hard time to adjust the strap? The slit are so small and narrow... please help and show pictures! Thanks

You need to just push down on the tab/nob and wiggle it out of the leather hole. You might need to use a bit of force if the bag is brand new.

It’s the same as the LV Palm Springs mini tabs on those straps, but bigger.

IMG_0181.JPG

The Gabrielle is currently my favorite bag. It’s even beating the Hermes B, K and Evelyn since it is so hands free and holds just as much (in size large). The weight of the bag can also be evenly distributed over the shoulders to allow for a more comfortable carry.

I am also really starting to appreciate cloth lined bags as opposed to leather. I couldn’t be happier with this model from Chanel. They really hit a home run for me. And to think I wasn’t crazy in love when I first saw it. I must say, this is a bag that grows on you. The bag is also no where near as delicate as I thought it would be. The hard base is pretty sturdy and the leather isn’t easy to scratch.

Hope everyone loves their gabby as much as I do. I haven’t been this thrilled with a bag since...ever.

Here are some mod shots comparing the medium and large sized Gabrielle hobo. This was found using the ever magical Google. These pictures helped me decide which size was right for me, hope it can help others as well.

Large Size:
f4e07906d0607f739b143367a28c9570.jpg

Chanel-Gabrielle-Bag-Adcampaign-9.jpeg

Gabrielle_083-1400x1050.jpg

images

20170328_jeffthibodeau_0404.jpg

d9042a9dfd57e79ef1de9fda196d43d7.jpg

Medium size:

03.jpg

Lily-Collins-Chanel-Gabrielle-Bag-6.jpg

gabrielle-chanel-bomagz-3.jpg

chanel1.jpg

View attachment 3884328

The Gabrielle is currently my favorite bag. It’s even beating the Hermes B, K and Evelyn since it is so hands free and holds just as much (in size large). The weight of the bag can also be evenly distributed over the shoulders to allow for a more comfortable carry.

I am also really starting to appreciate cloth lined bags as opposed to leather. I couldn’t be happier with this model from Chanel. They really hit a home run for me. And to think I wasn’t crazy in love when I first saw it. I must say, this is a bag that grows on you. The bag is also no where near as delicate as I thought it would be. The hard base is pretty sturdy and the leather isn’t easy to scratch.

Hope everyone loves their gabby as much as I do. I haven’t been this thrilled with a bag since...ever.

I love Gabby a lot and it is becoming my favourite Chanel bag too:smile: When I first saw it, I did not like it at all..it took me a while to change my mind, but once I bought it, I fell in love with her immediately. To be honest, I would carry it every day without having a need to touch any other of my Chanel bags, which is kind of weird because I loved them a lot before I got Gabby:smile: I hope this will change some time soon and my other bags will get the attention they deserve...right now they are chanceless next to Gabby:smile:

Reactions: BUIGOVA and Elaria
Here are some mod shots comparing the medium and large sized Gabrielle hobo. This was found using the ever magical Google. These pictures helped me decide which size was right for me, hope it can help others as well.

Large Size:
f4e07906d0607f739b143367a28c9570.jpg

Chanel-Gabrielle-Bag-Adcampaign-9.jpeg

Gabrielle_083-1400x1050.jpg

images

20170328_jeffthibodeau_0404.jpg

d9042a9dfd57e79ef1de9fda196d43d7.jpg

Medium size:

03.jpg

Lily-Collins-Chanel-Gabrielle-Bag-6.jpg

gabrielle-chanel-bomagz-3.jpg

chanel1.jpg

Thank you so much for the mod shots!! It really help and make the comparison clearer :smile: From the pics, can see that diff colors combination will affect the look of the size of the bag too. Seem like white/black combi and beige/black combi made the bag look bigger. I think I slowly falling in love with the black large one ❤️

Thank you so much for the mod shots!! It really help and make the comparison clearer [emoji2] From the pics, can see that diff colors combination will affect the look of the size of the bag too. Seem like white/black combi and beige/black combi made the bag look bigger. I think I slowly falling in love with the black large one [emoji173]️

Yes, that is true about the lighter two toned models. Another member mentioned this a few pages back when I was asking about the white/black or black large. I think the large is a great size. I can fit a water bottle, two sunglass cases plus all of my SLGs and two cell phones and still have a bit of room. The medium is great too, but now that i have the large, I find the medium a little snug and hand grabby due to the opening of the bag. The large does not give me any issues when getting things in and out of it. The medium can if I am in a hurry and searching for my items with the bag on my shoulder.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUIGOVA
Yes, that is true about the lighter two toned models. Another member mentioned this a few pages back when I was asking about the white/black or black large. I think the large is a great size. I can fit a water bottle, two sunglass cases plus all of my SLGs and two cell phones and still have a bit of room. The medium is great too, but now that i have the large, I find the medium a little snug and hand grabby due to the opening of the bag. The large does not give me any issues when getting things in and out of it. The medium can if I am in a hurry and searching for my items with the bag on my shoulder.

I’m excited! I can’t wait to use my large one! Yup, after seeing the pics I think that the medium does look quite small, seem like similar size of old medium boy bag. Btw, do u use any bag insert for your large Gabrielle to maintain the shape?