The ❤Gabrielle❤ Bag: It's a HIT!!

Omg! I've never been a huge Gabrielle fan, but I've fallen in love with this tote lol! What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

It's the small version btw; $3800

TIA! [emoji4]

View attachment 3757904
It looks cool. I have to see how it wears. I'm not a fan of the color combination, but it looks like the design could be useful to carry a bunch o' stuffs.

Reactions: UCDChick08
Omg! I've never been a huge Gabrielle fan, but I've fallen in love with this tote lol! What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

It's the small version btw; $3800

TIA! [emoji4]

View attachment 3757904

I have it in black and love it. It holds a lot but doesn't look huge. Also for me crossbody and handheld options are essential and it does that great.

Reactions: UCDChick08
Gabrielle owners - it may still be a little early, but can you update us with how your bag has held up with wear?

Three month in wearing the medium, and wearing it consistently-
Pros- looks chic; I get compliments; yet under the radar
- has done well in rain, when wiped down afterward
- still roomy; able to wear keeping zipper unzipped and still lays beautifully against my body
- love wearing it different ways
- still smile when I pull it out of the closet to use

Cons- the aged calfskin has softened a bit and pools a little above the base when not carried (i stuff it well while storing it).
- though the base has been awesome, I do baby that part of the bag a bit (but that's more me, than the bag).
- one chain keeps falling off my shoulder if I wear it shoulder only and I twist or bend. Quick fix is wearing it
on both shoulders when grocery shopping or moving around a lot.

I hope writing about my experiences helps you decide. It's a great bag and I'm glad I got it.

Hi there - Neiman Marcus actually has many of the Gabrielle bags listed with prices for marketing purposes (can't purchase on the website) but it's very helpful to see all of the prices for the various styles and sizes: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/CHANEL/FASHION/CHANELS-GABRIELLE-BAG/cat63510815/c.cat

Maybe they got a lot in the past couple of days, but last week my SA at NM said they were sold out of the basic colors w/ a waiting list and they have stock in the new specialty/seasonal versions.

Maybe they got a lot in the past couple of days, but last week my SA at NM said they were sold out of the basic colors w/ a waiting list and they have stock in the new specialty/seasonal versions.
No you're exactly correct but they have all of the bags listed for pricing purposes, I was responding to a question on prices -- as I mentioned, you can't actually BUY them but it's useful to see the styles and the prices. I will mention they got black medium Gabrielle's in stock last week at NM short hills and they were gone immediately to the waitlist but at least promising that stock is coming! I was able to secure my own medium beige/black Gabrielle from NM 2 weeks ago!

Reactions: Mousy
No you're exactly correct but they have all of the bags listed for pricing purposes, I was responding to a question on prices -- as I mentioned, you can't actually BUY them but it's useful to see the styles and the prices. I will mention they got black medium Gabrielle's in stock last week at NM short hills and they were gone immediately to the waitlist but at least promising that stock is coming! I was able to secure my own medium beige/black Gabrielle from NM 2 weeks ago!

Popped into the Chanel boutique at NM (Bravern)- it's dangerously Under a mile stroll from my house.
No stock yet. NM didn't order the basic Gabrielle bags (basic colors/no bling) for Fall Act I, and the SA I spoke to said she was even unsure about Act II. Very interesting. I think it's because NM is still waiting for past orders and Chanel isn't taking new orders until they catch up with stock.
I think Chanel should have stuck with the basic Gabrielle the first couple/ few seasons, then branched out. They have so many choices going on.

Gabrielle owners - it may still be a little early, but can you update us with how your bag has held up with wear?

Three month in wearing the medium, and wearing it consistently-
Pros- looks chic; I get compliments; yet under the radar
- has done well in rain, when wiped down afterward
- still roomy; able to wear keeping zipper unzipped and still lays beautifully against my body
- love wearing it different ways
- still smile when I pull it out of the closet to use

Cons- the aged calfskin has softened a bit and pools a little above the base when not carried (i stuff it well while storing it).
- though the base has been awesome, I do baby that part of the bag a bit (but that's more me, than the bag).
- one chain keeps falling off my shoulder if I wear it shoulder only and I twist or bend. Quick fix is wearing it
on both shoulders when grocery shopping or moving around a lot.

I hope writing about my experiences helps you decide. It's a great bag and I'm glad I got it.
I've had my medium hobo since early April so around 3 months and been using it constantly like 4-5 days a week ever since. Love love love it. Sourisbrune pretty much said what was on my mind so I just wanna add that the shiny black base is much tougher than I expected. I don't baby it at all since I wanted this to be a carefree bag. It's been in the rain, thrown on the floor, squeezed on to jampacked subway etc and surprisingly still no visible scratch at all.

Reactions: sheilaru and Elaria

My "large" backpack is only a few weeks old but has been out almost every day. Obsessed with it. I think it is so classy and for such an understated bag I get a ton of compliments on it. The distressed calf is ideal for everyday wear. I think the backpack straps prevent the "pooling" of the soft leather while wearing but may cause it to sag when not worn (has not happened yet but I wouldn't be surprised). The chains do dig in especially if worn as shoulder bag on one shoulder and with a sundress (had obvious teeth marks on my shoulder that day lol but was carrying a ton, including a 1 liter bottle of water).

Reactions: eckw
I've had my medium hobo since early April so around 3 months and been using it constantly like 4-5 days a week ever since. Love love love it. Sourisbrune pretty much said what was on my mind so I just wanna add that the shiny black base is much tougher than I expected. I don't baby it at all since I wanted this to be a carefree bag. It's been in the rain, thrown on the floor, squeezed on to jampacked subway etc and surprisingly still no visible scratch at all.

I'm glad to hear about your subway experiences with it. I think this has become my new travel bag.

Now that my daughter is older, we do more subway/public transportation city trips. A week in Paris or London, a few days in NY or San Francisco. We're even planning to walk around and hit the malls in Vegas this fall.

The double chain worn on both shoulders or one shoulder and one around my waist, feels secure, and the medium fits essentials (on the flight) including the iPad mini for my daughter's hotel room entertainment.

I no longer have to travel with a Neverfull or backpack full of toys, stuffed animals, snacks and more. My daughter carries a little crossbody bag with a cellphone and some money, and I can get away with my under-the-radar zipped-up Gabrielle!