Scarves ........The Fall 2016 Scarves........

YES YES YES to Kachinas! One of my all-time favorites. I am one of those people who just finds the designs I love and keeps buying them in different cws - I never buy a huge variety, more like two of three of that. This season was Oiseaux-Fleurs. Last season was Tyger. Before that was Jardin Anglais...

...and I mention that because the last two are by Alice Shirley - and I love her designs - but Grrr.....maybe it ties well (but I fold away from animal patterns, too bold on my neck). Honestly, just my opinion, but, um.....laid flat it may be the cheesiest thing I have ever seen by H. Is it me? Or is it dogs-playing-cards-level cheesiness? Or am I missing something?

YES YES YES to Kachinas! One of my all-time favorites. I am one of those people who just finds the designs I love and keeps buying them in different cws - I never buy a huge variety, more like two of three of that. This season was Oiseaux-Fleurs. Last season was Tyger. Before that was Jardin Anglais...

...and I mention that because the last two are by Alice Shirley - and I love her designs - but Grrr.....maybe it ties well (but I fold away from animal patterns, too bold on my neck). Honestly, just my opinion, but, um.....laid flat it may be the cheesiest thing I have ever seen by H. Is it me? Or is it dogs-playing-cards-level cheesiness? Or am I missing something?

It definitely has a cartoony boldness that is rarely seen in Hermes designs. I like that quality, but I think that is what you are terming "cheesy." Maybe a little kitsch? I respond to kitsch. :P

She forgot the soup can.

23kz1ow.jpg

Ah, it is the Beaufille sweater all over again.
Can we stipulate that we all like different things?
Can we stipulate that some members find "Grrr" ugly and some like it?
Can we express ourselves with "I" statements ("I don't care for 'Grrr'") but avoid the wholesale mockery of designs other members have already praised?
Thanks. :flowers:

Can we express ourselves with "I" statements ("I don't care for 'Grrr'") but avoid the wholesale mockery of designs other members have already praised?

I apologize if I offended you (because I'm not sure if you mean me, but I'm going with probably, and I did not mean to offend if I did), but I did use I and Me statements.... perhaps I was a little over-the-top? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I really like the fun of "grrrr." And artist, same as "under the waves," believe?
But am undecided about how would look worn. If would like to wear.
It is a quandry scarf design, for me. Must see irl, probably.

However, as a quirky decor item, hung over fireplace as unusual "animal head" version--maybe! :biggrin:
Very playful.

I apologize if I offended you (because I'm not sure if you mean me, but I'm going with probably, and I did not mean to offend if I did), but I did use I and Me statements.... perhaps I was a little over-the-top? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

You are very sweet to apologize, but you did not offend me--and I don't disagree with your observations about Grrr, either! It is a very unusual offering for Hermes, no question. I may like it for just that reason, but I can see why people find it off-putting. My comments were intended only for general consumption. . . .:smile: