** The Enchanting Eva Club! **

In view of the comments about the Eva on the Preloved market- do you think it will look dated soon? I really want a clutch with a chain but am not keen on the Felicie or the Pallas or the Favorite! (So picky!). I've seen a couple of Eva's on eBay, should I go for it??

In view of the comments about the Eva on the Preloved market- do you think it will look dated soon? I really want a clutch with a chain but am not keen on the Felicie or the Pallas or the Favorite! (So picky!). I've seen a couple of Eva's on eBay, should I go for it??
Are you asking my opinion? Frankly, since I had owned an Eva, I think its a great looking bag but has several flaws so I would not buy it again, especially now it is discontinued. Almost all discontinued bags lose value very quickly, you can buy them for half or less than half of the last retail after it discontinued for a while.

I'm very picky too, saw the Felicie and Pallas, and was considering Favorite but noticed some bags has crease issue and the gold chain a tab too short for on the shoulder, I like it better than Felicie and Pallas though.

Right now, I am actually buying a bag I had never thought of... will see how does that one turn out.

Last edited:
I think "dated" depends on personal opinion, to be honest. Some people think the Galliera is dated but I still love mine and they're so comfortable to carry. I also happen to like the gold plate - which some people are turned off by. I love the Eva and I think the plate and gold chain dress up the canvas.

Interesting- the bags I've seen on eBay are new-ish (well, 3 years old or so) but the sellers want 80% of retail. Sounds like I should hold off for a bit to see what happens to prices. Will LV introduce anything other than the Pallas to replace the Eva???

The tactic is understandable though, look at the newer pieces to replace these discontinued bags, they are all much more expensive if not doubled price.

I guess LV is trying to cater to a different kind of clientele... I liked dipping my feet in the water with the more affordable pieces. It made me comfortable to drop $$$$ on a bag after trying the brand. It's unfortunate that this entry level item is going away, and with that some potential new customers who may like to try the brand before heavily investing in it.
But it's a business and at the end of the day it's all about their brand and their profits! I can't fault them for that. I'm just glad I was able to get all of pieces that I wanted before they were discontinued.

I can't remember if I posted this before but here's a mod shot of me with my Eva when I had lunch with my daughter at her school.
I bought it preloved and I love that it was already soft and broken in. :yes:
Congrats, it looks great on you! I agree, I like that the preloved is already soft and broken in. I'm hoping I can find a preloved one in monogram someday too. I hope you enjoy using your Eva and congrats again.