The Dioraddict Bag/WOC/Wallet

I'm really not liking the new Dior lock. To me, the beautiful cannage speaks for itself and the gold plated "Dior" is redundant and approaching Moschino level tacky. But I do really like the new studded collection, which is surprising to me because I've never liked studs in all the years Valentino has been doing them. They look more subtle and lady like here and less gaudy and rocker than Valentino.

Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS
I'm really not liking the new Dior lock. To me, the beautiful cannage speaks for itself and the gold plated "Dior" is redundant and approaching Moschino level tacky. But I do really like the new studded collection, which is surprising to me because I've never liked studs in all the years Valentino has been doing them. They look more subtle and lady like here and less gaudy and rocker than Valentino.

I totally agree, I really don't like the direction Dior is going. It used to be a very classy brand with simple yet iconic designs. Now it has become moschino!

Reactions: cafecreme15
I totally agree, I really don't like the direction Dior is going. It used to be a very classy brand with simple yet iconic designs. Now it has become moschino!

Surely you only refer to Raf Simons' Dior - which was only 3 years. "Simple" design was definitely not Galliano's Dior, and he was there for more than a decade.

I'm also not understanding the Moschino comparison as MGC's designs are not kitschy - her designs have actually been well received by clients/customers.

Surely you only refer to Raf Simons' Dior - which was only 3 years. "Simple" design was definitely not Galliano's Dior, and he was there for more than a decade.

I'm also not understanding the Moschino comparison as MGC's designs are not kitschy - her designs have actually been well received by clients/customers.

I think the Dior logo on these particular bags has the Moschino aesthetic. Something about the combination of the gold lettering and the font reminds me of it. Same with the J'adior line in my opinion.

I think the Dior logo on these particular bags has the Moschino aesthetic. Something about the combination of the gold lettering and the font reminds me of it. Same with the J'adior line in my opinion.

I know that those were the bags in question but to say that Dior has become Moschino is extreme.

And honestly I own one of the Dio(R)evolution flap bags and if that's considered tacky then so be it [emoji4]

Reactions: TraceySH
I know that those were the bags in question but to say that Dior has become Moschino is extreme.

And honestly I own one of the Dio(R)evolution flap bags and if that's considered tacky then so be it [emoji4]

Don't take my opinion personally, coralblue. It's not an indictment of your taste, it's just my opinion. I love that we all have different tastes on TPF. It's what makes it interesting!

While I don't think the Dioraddict is for me, it's not to say that I don't appreciate MGC's new designs. I think they're very cool and hip. Dior IMO has always been very 'formal' and dressy with the classic LD, be dior, diorever, diorissimo etc., and so to have these new casual and practical looks (e.g. the new LD in soft leather with the flap opening) is a very smart move. This means Dior is now aiming at a whole new group of consumers, who prefers practical, easy-access, cool-looking designs. The classic styles are still being produced and sold instore. So there's something for everyone and I think this is to be encouraged :amuse:

I am sorry but Recent dior bags (diorissimo, diorama, diorever, etc) are so beautiful because they are subtle (!!!), classic, and use beautiful leathers. Spelling out a huge DIOR label is the exact opposite of what I love about the brand. Looks like I am headed back to Chanel!!

Last edited:
I am sorry but Recent dior bags (diorissimo, diorama, diorever, etc) are so beautiful because they are subtle (!!!), classic, and use beautiful leathers. Spelling out a huge DIOR label is the exact opposite of what I love about the brand. Looks like I am headed back to Chanel!!
Isn't that what Karl keeps doing at Chanel, spelling the Chanel logo out loudly? Dior still has their quiet pieces just like Chanel does, but runway pieces nowadays (probably due to the revival of big logos) have to compete for attention on social media, and at the moment, logo bags are doing the trick I guess.

Isn't that what Karl keeps doing at Chanel, spelling the Chanel logo out loudly? Dior still has their quiet pieces just like Chanel does, but runway pieces nowadays (probably due to the revival of big logos) have to compete for attention on social media, and at the moment, logo bags are doing the trick I guess.

I believe there are one type of bag that spells out CHANEL but the majority of current Chanel bags are still labelled with the iconic CC logo.

This is exactly how I feel! I really am not very happy about this direction the Dior bags are going. They look very tacky!

I think the Dior lock looks nice when it's alone or with some simple bag. But with Miss Dior it's too much. The quilting combines with the lock, I don't know where to look at anymore.
I understand that many people don't like Maria's take on the bags because it's not elegant, dressy anymore, it's more youthful and loud. However don't lose hope! They still have classic bags instore along with the new colors, finishes that are not shown on internet :smile:

I believe there are one type of bag that spells out CHANEL but the majority of current Chanel bags are still labelled with the iconic CC logo.
Chanel sells logo bags alongside their classic CC lock bags, just as Dior sells logo bags alongside their classic Lady Dior bags. Big logos are in right now and both brands have designed around that.
_ARC0311.jpg
_ARC0116.jpg
_ARC0289.jpg
_ARC0919.jpg
_ARC0215.jpg
New-Chanel-Pre-Fall-2017-Bag.jpg

New-Chanel-Pre-Fall-2017-Bag-Collection.jpg

Last edited:
Chanel sells logo bags alongside their classic CC lock bags, just as Dior sells logo bags alongside their classic Lady Dior bags. Big logos are in right now and both brands have designed around that.
_ARC0311.jpg
_ARC0116.jpg
_ARC0289.jpg
_ARC0919.jpg
_ARC0215.jpg

The bottom bag is the one I commonly see in the change boutiques (in different colours) & I believe there are a couple. The first two are fashion show bags which they do not sell here in the uk. I've asked boutiques.

The majority, well pretty much all the bags are still cc logo bags.

Thank you for saying this!!! I was thinking that this morning. Chanel is no more subtle than the Dior bags in question.

Reactions: Christofle