The Dioraddict Bag/WOC/Wallet

The bottom bag is the one I commonly see in the change boutiques (in different colours) & I believe there are a couple. The first two are fashion show bags which they do not sell here in the uk. I've asked boutiques.

The majority, well pretty much all the bags are still cc logo bags.

Still LOGO'd bags. I Can't think of any popular Chanel bags that doesn't have a CC on it somehow.

Not to belabor the point..the Chanel LED bags for this season are super fun, super expensive, and about as over the top as you can get in terms of BLASTING a logo!!

Attachments

• boy_chanel_flap_bag-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    boy_chanel_flap_bag-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 492
  • other-views-1-push.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    other-views-1-push.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 515
  • flap_bag_with_top-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    flap_bag_with_top-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 523
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 552
  • backpack-grid-centercolumn2.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    backpack-grid-centercolumn2.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 541
  • backpack-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    backpack-grid-center.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 528
  • large_shopping_bag-grid-centercolumn3.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    large_shopping_bag-grid-centercolumn3.jpg.fashionImg.veryhi.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 525
  • boy_chanel_handbag-grid-center.gif.fashionImg.veryhi.gif
    boy_chanel_handbag-grid-center.gif.fashionImg.veryhi.gif
    108.5 KB · Views: 532
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.35.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.35.29 PM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 522
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.46.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.46.05 PM.png
    749.4 KB · Views: 523
Any Chanel bag that writes out the full word "Chanel" in large letters is equally as tacky. :P So, maybe I am just not liking the direction handbags are going generally. Though, to me, I have only ever been interested in the classic flaps and reissues. I don't even pay attention to the others.

On another note, these brands seem to have short memories. I may be wrong but didn't the use of big logos nearly put coach and Gucci out of business?

Last edited:
Reactions: rin3
Any Chanel bag that writes out the full word "Chanel" in large letters is equally as tacky. :P So, maybe I am just not liking the direction handbags are going generally. Though, to me, I have only ever been interested in the classic flaps and reissues. I don't even pay attention to the others.

On another note, these brands seem to have short memories. I may be wrong but didn't the use of big logos nearly put coach and Gucci out of business?
I have never looked at Coach, but Gucci yes, until......they all came back last year. And now.....

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.52 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.42 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.28 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.08.14 AM.png

Reactions: averagejoe
A reissue has no logo on the outside of the bag other than a teeny tiny word below the lock. You can't see it unless you have the bag right close to your face.
The only reissues I have are my LC's....and they have a bit of Chanel on them also...I think it's just logomania right now!!

IMG_1487541613.044441.jpg

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I feel like I am in the twilight zone when I look at those. :confused1:
I know. I have some Gucci shoes and belts, but I cannot bring myself to go to the bags. I am SORT of managing to be more open minded to LV with some of the new collections (floral matelasse quilted leather is beautiful). But freaking daffy duck? I know some have compared new Dior to Moschino, but I think Gucci is doing a better job of aligning to Moschino than Dior. But hey, Michele wears a vial of his nieces blood around his neck so what can come of that except .... twilight zone? (music playing...)

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I know. I have some Gucci shoes and belts, but I cannot bring myself to go to the bags. I am SORT of managing to be more open minded to LV with some of the new collections (floral matelasse quilted leather is beautiful). But freaking daffy duck? I know some have compared new Dior to Moschino, but I think Gucci is doing a better job of aligning to Moschino than Dior. But hey, Michele wears a vial of his nieces blood around his neck so what can come of that except .... twilight zone? (music playing...)

Reactions: cafecreme15
Handbag trends go in cycles (as all trends go). There was logomania back in the early 2000s and went on for many years (think of the Fendi FF logo fabric which is not used as much nowadays). During that time, bags went from the size of the Fendi Baguette to "big bags" where women were complaining about the weight of the bags on their shoulders. The amount of hardware also increased during a period of time (think Chloe Paddington, Gucci Indy, Dior Gaucho, etc.). Then minimalism became very popular and brands reduced the amount of hardware on their bags, and started presenting their logos in small foil embossings similar to Hermes and Celine. Logo fabric was scaled back. Part of it was also to introduce more leather bags instead of canvas bags to increase price points and also revenue.

Coach sales may have been partially affected by their heavy use of logos on their bags in the past (they now feature lots of products in plain glove-tanned leather), but I think the biggest influence was Michael Kors. Coach now reports increasing sales again as their brand has successfully re-positioned to become higher-end than Michael Kors. In fact, they very recently acquired Kate Spade, which is an indication of their new fortunes from moving in the right direction.

Reactions: cafecreme15

Yes, this is the exact comparison I was talking about. I think the general trend in handbags right now is more is more, so I can't fault Dior for doing what is going to make them money based on current tastes. I'm generally a less is more person, which would explain why I don't like the direction Gucci and other brands have gone in either. As long as Dior and others keep making their bread and butter classic pieces, I suppose I can't complain. The pendulum in accessories fashion constantly swings back and forth between minimalism and over the top.

Here's what I think.
It's absolutely fine to have an opinion about something and express it (to a certain degree). Heck, I admit I'm not a big fan of logo printed bags either. But here's a thing. Why dwell on it because you might end up offending someone who actually loves the look? Not to mention creating a negative vibe in the forum. I also don't see the point of saying "I'm gonna go back to Chanel now" while Chanel also has their classics and has a certain designs that are loud. Just like Dior. Plus, it's not the case that Dior completely stops producing the classic stuffs either. MCG has some really nice subtle designs as well, like the studded bags (e.g. LD and camera bag) are gorgeous!
Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?