The curse of the Asian: I have no nose!

ayla said:
Oh man.. that is just too funny !! I have to show my mom ! :lol:

mewlicious ! I wish I had an actual nose ! :shame: It's like one of those things that all Asian girls dream of, along with being tall and having curlier hair ! :biggrin:

Yes! My friend has glorious curly hair, she blows it dry/flat irons it every day, I would KILL for curls like that. :biggrin:

The grass is always greener.

Danica said:
Ayla, do you like your hair now? I have a friend who always had perfect hair, while my curly hair was always a frizzy mess. I love asian hair.:love:

Erm.. I don't. :shame: I have the typical Asian hair, straight, really dark and boring ! I've always wanted curly hair !

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. :amuse:

i've always wanted curly hair too.....big bouncy curls :sad:.....but instead i'm stuck with long, stick straight hair that refuses to curl........although my white friends when i was younger used to constantly touch my hair because it was so shiny and straight......i guess i shoudl be grateful i don't need to blow dry, but still.........:Push:

jc2239 said:
i've always wanted curly hair too.....big bouncy curls :sad:.....but instead i'm stuck with long, stick straight hair that refuses to curl........although my white friends when i was younger used to constantly touch my hair because it was so shiny and straight......i guess i shoudl be grateful i don't need to blow dry, but still.........:Push:

Yes ! I am so thankful about the no blowdrying thing, my roommate used to go through this really elaborate straighting her hair process every time she washed her hair and it looked like such a pain in the butt ! Plus she was straightening her very cute, curly hair. :wacko:

ayla said:
Yes ! I am so thankful about the no blowdrying thing, my roommate used to go through this really elaborate straighting her hair process every time she washed her hair and it looked like such a pain in the butt ! Plus she was straightening her very cute, curly hair. :wacko:

although i have seen some asian girls that have this weird frizzy hair that needs to be straight ironed.......but i am grateful i dont' need to do anything to my hair......i got it into my head that i shoudl try blow drying my hair one day to be like my white friends (i was young :shame:smile:.......trying to blow dry your hair with a dryer in one hand and a brush in the other is incredibly hard :lol:......and a straight iron?....forget about it......i'm strictly brush and go :P

:biggrin: i was just complaining about that in one of my WTS threads... i bought a pair of rayban aviators off the catalogue and it doesn't bloody fit on my face! :hrmm: trying to sell it now...
my nose isn't too bad for an asian nose... but really.. having the small asian nose kind isn't too bad i don't think... it's the broad squashy look that mine has when i smile that i hate :mad:... and YES my grandma gave me the same pinch nose theory too.. spent most of my teenage years believing it until i gave up recently.
but all u young 'uns don't despair!! as u grow older and ur face kinda thins up.. so does your nose!!! :lol: *pray*

Ugh, I know what you mean! I have the hardest time finding sunglasses that fit well on my flat nose and smallish head. You're not alone!

mariesmist said:
i like that we have small noses!! it makes kissing less complicated.. there's a difference between kissing a white guy with a big nose and an asian guy with a smaller nose.

Hee hee, so true!:lol:

LOL That's how I was for 23 yrs, until recently when I got my hair permed. So now I have curls that I've always dreamed about. But now I'm starting to miss my straight boring hair again.:wondering

love_them_all said:
LOL That's how I was for 23 yrs, until recently when I got my hair permed. So now I have curls that I've always dreamed about. But now I'm starting to miss my straight boring hair again.:wondering

i permed my hairs two years ago and it looked beautiful but i had to cut all the curls off because i'd never learned how to use a blow dryer or anything and so i was completely incapable of the up keep....after just washing and going for 20 years i coudln't handle the fact that i had to do someting with my hair in the morning....but i'm always soso tempted to get it curly again....i :love: curls soso much

jc2239 said:
ooooh, found it.....the things some people will do :lol:

japanese_nose_stretcher.jpg

Japanese folk always have the most innovative, wackiest inventions :lol::lol::lol:. It`s awesome :love:.

my nose is the typical asian nose, although my bf points out that its a cutey small nose... so I can't buy regular sunglasses.. oh well, I guess one less vice to have.. hehehe... just for bags.. and only bags..

OMG, you guys are SO RIGHT!!!

My dad, who's Welsh-German, has this hmm...prominent nose with a perfect bridge. All glasses look good on him. :mad:

My husband, who's Irish, also has a prominent nose with a perfect bridge, and ditto.:mad:

My mom (Chinese) has what she has always called "my little pug nose" and absolutely no bridge.

You'd think I lucked out? That the cute pugnose with no bridge would "even out" the prominent nose?

No. My nana always tried the clothespin-on-the-nose thing, and it never worked.

:amuse: Maybe someone could invent a diamond-studded "nose bridge adapter" that would look like a mini-saddle and be attached to the bridge of the glasses in question and make them fit us properly!
_______
---(
0_______