The curse of the Asian: I have no nose!

LucreziaCA said:
Who's with me!!!???
Between having no nose and a hellaciously wide face, I used to have a miserable time finding frames for my eyeglasses.
Well, I got my eyes zapped, so no more glasses (yay!) but I still have a horrible time finding sunglasses.

The only style that really works on me are ones with those little nose pieces. Otherwise they just sit on my cheeks, with no nose contact whatsoever. :sad: My white-boy husband thinks it's cute and hilarious, I think it's :mad:. I see all of these cute sunglasses, but they are not for me.

Right there with you! I'm only half Japanese, but am still cursed with the wide Asian face. I am lucky, however, because my sister has far more problems finding any kind of eyewear to suit/fit her face.

LucreziaCA said:
Who's with me!!!???
Between having no nose and a hellaciously wide face, I used to have a miserable time finding frames for my eyeglasses.
Well, I got my eyes zapped, so no more glasses (yay!) but I still have a horrible time finding sunglasses.

The only style that really works on me are ones with those little nose pieces. Otherwise they just sit on my cheeks, with no nose contact whatsoever. :sad: My white-boy husband thinks it's cute and hilarious, I think it's :mad:. I see all of these cute sunglasses, but they are not for me.

I'm with you. :cry: I needed a pair of Chanel sunnies (mother of pearl ones) for my trip but I seriously tried *every* single pair of Chanels, Dior, Gucci, MJ at Solstice (sp?) but nothing fits!

After two hours of trying, I finally found my pair (Prada)!! It's a plastic wrap around frame, has *no* nose piece, but it fits my face perfectly because the store I went to does adjusting of the arms! So if you find something that fits the shape of your face, ask if they adjust! :love:

Roo said:
The last time I was at my optician I saw these little silicone clear pads that can be stuck to the inside bridge of the sunglasses or eyeglasses. Many people have a narrow bridge on the nose or low bridge and these help. My stepdaughter has this problem and we bought them for her. They cost like $3 for a pack of 6. See if you can find some and try them to see if they help the sunglasses.

Thanks Roo!!! Can't wait to get my hands on these quick fixes!:idea:

Savannah said:
OMG, I thought I am the only one with that problem! My husband does not understand, it's so frustrating.

Is your husband not Asian?
Mine is not, and he thinks it is hilarious. :biggrin::mad:

It generally does not bother me, but I was at Macy's with my friend yesterday, every pair of sunglasses that she tried on A) fit and B) looked pretty darn good.

LucreziaCA said:
Is your husband not Asian?
Mine is not, and he thinks it is hilarious. :biggrin::mad:

It generally does not bother me, but I was at Macy's with my friend yesterday, every pair of sunglasses that she tried on A) fit and B) looked pretty darn good.

no, he is white and has the perfect nose. somehow my sister manages to find sunglasses with no problems, so jealous. :mad:

Oh man, I am so in on this ! My mom used to make fun of me all the time, and she said if I kept pinching my nose it mgiht actually.. you know, stick out ! That certainly didn't work out ! :sad:

ayla said:
Oh man, I am so in on this ! My mom used to make fun of me all the time, and she said if I kept pinching my nose it mgiht actually.. you know, stick out ! That certainly didn't work out ! :sad:

lol my mom told me the same thing.....i used to actually pinch the bridge of my nose when i was younger, hoping it would stand up more :shame:

jc2239 said:
lol my mom told me the same thing.....i used to actually pinch the bridge of my nose when i was younger, hoping it would stand up more :shame:

Maybe it's an Asian mom thing too, they've got us pinching our noses and they're really laughing behind our backs ! :lol:

LOL My glasses fall off on me all the time. It's the worst thing in the world. It just sucks when I see a pair of sunglasses that I love but can get it around my stupid round face without stretching out of shape. Ahhh...the torture.

ooooh, found it.....the things some people will do :lol:

japanese_nose_stretcher.jpg

jc2239 said:
ooooh, found it.....the things some people will do :lol:

japanese_nose_stretcher.jpg

Oh man.. that is just too funny !! I have to show my mom ! :lol:

mewlicious ! I wish I had an actual nose ! :shame: It's like one of those things that all Asian girls dream of, along with being tall and having curlier hair ! :biggrin: