~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

I'm so thrilled that I'm finally able to join this discussion with my very own Boy was finally (and at the same time my first ever Chanel bag)
I bought this burgundy beauty (new medium, brushed gold hw) in the rue Cambon store in Paris while visiting the city this week.
My only concern is that as they really didn't have any caviar Boys available mine in in lambskin.. so any tips on how to be little less anxious about using it are highly appreciated
View attachment 3574253

Huge congrats to you on your beautiful boy, we are bag twins! Are you sure yours is lambskin? As mine is exactly the same in calfskin?

Reactions: a_in_o
Help my experienced ladies!!!
I am wanting to add my last Chanel piece to my mini collection, (I have a square and rectangular mini) so I thought of getting a black boy. Now ny question is! Which would you choose small or old medium boy? I just want to carry the same stuff I carry in my minis.
My concern is about the look, about how it goes crossbody, etc etc. If you could have only one chanel boy bag which would it be ? A small or medium boy?

I am wanting to add my last Chanel piece to my mini collection, (I have a square and rectangular mini) so I thought of getting a black boy. Now ny question is! Which would you choose small or old medium boy? I just want to carry the same stuff I carry in my minis.
My concern is about the look, about how it goes crossbody, etc etc. If you could have only one chanel boy bag which would it be ? A small or medium boy?

I would say the old medium boy. I don't have a small boy but I believe it fits about the same as a mini but it costs $4300. The old medium is $4700 or $4900. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

For the small price difference I would get the medium. I usually wear my old medium boy on one shoulder and occasionally crossbody. I find that it's a little boxy to be worn crossbody. Just my opinion. HTHs. [emoji4]

Reactions: lindamirella
I prefer the om over the small, but the small looks better crossbody than the om. I don't own the small, I was very close to purchasing one but I couldn't justify the price when I could get the cf mini for 1k less and that fits about the same amount of items. I wear my om boys crossbody, rarely over the shoulder (it slides off my shoulder and it drives me nuts).
I would say the old medium boy. I don't have a small boy but I believe it fits about the same as a mini but it costs $4300. The old medium is $4700 or $4900. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

For the small price difference I would get the medium. I usually wear my old medium boy on one shoulder and occasionally crossbody. I find that it's a little boxy to be worn crossbody. Just my opinion. HTHs. [emoji4]

Totally agree!

Reactions: lindamirella
How cool!! :smile:
Hmm, interesting.. at leas the SA said that all the bags I looked at were lambskin but on the other hand all the lambskin bags I've seen have been shinier..
Lol yes my SA also told me it was lambskin originally, until a kind fellow tpf member pointed out it was calfskin, then I called chanel customer services to confirm it was indeed calfskin [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]....it made my day as its easier to look after [emoji4][emoji4]
Be prepared to receive lots of compliments on this beauty [emoji4][emoji4]

Reactions: a_in_o
I think it's called 2017 pre-fall? Sorry I'm really not sure but here is the tag. The leather is soft which I like. View attachment 3572828View attachment 3572829

Is lining of your 17P boy touching bottom of the bag? I got one that wasn't and wanted to return

SA said they checked all the 17P boys in stock and found the same issue on all the bags

I doubt that's the case [emoji848]

Is lining of your 17P boy touching bottom of the bag? I got one that wasn't and wanted to return

SA said they checked all the 17P boys in stock and found the same issue on all the bags

I just checked and my 17P lining does NOT touch the bottom of he bag. It doesn't bother me though, I'm assuming there's a structural reason for it?

My 16A boy the lining also not touching the bottom.

None of my boys touch the bottom either, they are from 14B, 15A and 16C .

Reactions: chlamy
My 16A boy the lining also not touching the bottom.

I heard that the lining is not suppose to touch the bottom so it won't sag as much. I think it's a good feature esp when the lining is not leather. I actually prefer one with bigger gap and that's why my boy didn't sag at all at the bottom!

My 17C and all other boys from prior seasons do (14P, 14S & 15K). Not necessary touching but fairly close to the bottom. I notice 17C lining is pretty high up!

My concern is anything putting inside would weigh the lining down and pull the threads down!

But I love 17P caviar and hardware!!!

Last edited:
My 17C and all other boys from prior seasons do (14P and 15K). Not necessary touching but fairly close to the bottom. I notice 17C lining is pretty high up!

My concern is anything putting inside would weigh the lining down and pull the threads down!

But I love 17P caviar and hardware!!!
@calflu the leather is sturdier than 17C boy? What do you think of the shiny hardware? Will it be too shiny and more prone to scratches? i have yet to see the 17P boy but I do want to get caviar boy in ghw. My 16A boy is too soft and flimsy :frown:

@calflu the leather is sturdier than 17C boy? What do you think of the shiny hardware? Will it be too shiny and more prone to scratches? i have yet to see the 17P boy but I do want to get caviar boy in ghw. My 16A boy is too soft and flimsy :frown:

17P caviar is softer. As you put pressure on the top of the flap you can feel the leather is softer than other boys I've seen (including calf & lamb)

I don't think its prone to scratch tho. Leather is the same as my 14S black mini and classic flap from 2013 and they are all in pretty good shape!