The Beautiful Bayswater Club...

What does everyone think of the "new" Bayswater? I do love the original style, but the new Bayswater is really calling my name recently.

View attachment 3469468

Personally, it isn't floating my boat at all, in terms of design, YB; the wings make it feel like a Bays/Willow hybrid and I much prefer the traditional, classic Bayswater.
That said, I haven't seen or felt one irl - have you? It may be quite different when you are able to hold it and have a play with it! [emoji6]

Personally, it isn't floating my boat at all, in terms of design, YB; the wings make it feel like a Bays/Willow hybrid and I much prefer the traditional, classic Bayswater.
That said, I haven't seen or felt one irl - have you? It may be quite different when you are able to hold it and have a play with it! [emoji6]

I haven't seen one IRL....I'm kind of a Mulberry newbie (I know, I know). I like both the original and the new. Its going to be a tough decision!

Reactions: Mayfly285
Here's what a dear friend calls my latest, "bayswater hack."
Poppy red nvt bays, valentino embroidered guitar strap(animali fantastici):
View attachment 3469842
This cannot be done with coca's new bayswater.
Because requires side adjustment straps(to attach carabiner clips/strap) & handles to flop down(so don't jab into armpit as wear & can open flap).

Hard to deny the cool factor of a bag being carried by a guitar strap ;)

Reactions: Mayfly285
I haven't seen one IRL....I'm kind of a Mulberry newbie (I know, I know). I like both the original and the new. Its going to be a tough decision!

Some of the old style Bayswaters have the microfibre lining inside, rather than the suede lining; for me, that's a real no-no but others prefer it for its lightness. Everyone's preferences will be different!
My advice is to go with what you love - what you will enjoy carrying and what works for your lifestyle - that's the only opinion that really counts! [emoji6]
Good luck - and make sure you let us all see what you choose! [emoji106]

Some of the old style Bayswaters have the microfibre lining inside, rather than the suede lining; for me, that's a real no-no but others prefer it for its lightness. Everyone's preferences will be different!
My advice is to go with what you love - what you will enjoy carrying and what works for your lifestyle - that's the only opinion that really counts! [emoji6]
Good luck - and make sure you let us all see what you choose! [emoji106]

I think you hit the nailnon the head for me. I wasn't much impressed with a microfiber lining at that price point. Definitely will post. :smile:

Reactions: 6efox
Here's what a dear friend calls my latest, "bayswater hack."
Poppy red nvt bays, valentino embroidered guitar strap(animali fantastici):
View attachment 3469842
This cannot be done with coca's new bayswater.
Because requires side adjustment straps(to attach carabiner clips/strap) & handles to flop down(so don't jab into armpit as wear & can open flap).

I love this!!! This is both ingenious and gorgeous!! I was beginning to regret the short straps on my Bays after carrying around the street today. I will definitely have to look into this. Thanks for the great idea, remainsilly!!