The Bbag Chat Room

Yeah this is a good point…the bag is in such good condition, I fall into the trap of wanting to keep it as pristine possible.

But at the same time, it’s not like I’m going to spill wine and use the bag as an ash tray Mary Kate style. I think I would definitely use it, just with a lot of care.

I was doing the math, and with some weekenders on the RR and Vestiaire over $1k, might be worth a couple hundred more for a HG bag…
Lord I must be tired; I thought you wrote "I was doing the meth."
I was like,
Sofia Vergara What GIF by America's Got Talent

Yeah this is a good point…the bag is in such good condition, I fall into the trap of wanting to keep it as pristine possible.

But at the same time, it’s not like I’m going to spill wine and use the bag as an ash tray Mary Kate style. I think I would definitely use it, just with a lot of care.

I was doing the math, and with some weekenders on the RR and Vestiaire over $1k, might be worth a couple hundred more for a HG bag…
Nope, what they sell for is way too high. If you are patient enough TRR will spill out some amazing goodie in good condition, or maybe VC…have patience if you do not want or need it NOW. Because …. How about you discover that HG is not really your HG in real life, you want to sell it and then actually you see the reality of a market. You can’t sell it for a third of what you paid. That is the real damage. You become restless, lower the price every time VC or Posh prompts you, not calculating their profit and before you know it …your hard earned money is gone …$1700 is way too high for today’s market and I think IMHO that they will not sell for few years. Even the rarest Bottega Veneta Cabats I managed to find, without looking and stalking, for way less than $1000 - ink for $450, reflet for $850, copper specchio for about the same..those are in todays value $10 000 bags. Someone somewhere is going to wish to buy something else and sell a Bal Weekender for a reasonable price.

Nope, what they sell for is way too high. If you are patient enough TRR will spill out some amazing goodie in good condition, or maybe VC…have patience if you do not want or need it NOW. Because …. How about you discover that HG is not really your HG in real life, you want to sell it and then actually you see the reality of a market. You can’t sell it for a third of what you paid. That is the real damage. You become restless, lower the price every time VC or Posh prompts you, not calculating their profit and before you know it …your hard earned money is gone …$1700 is way too high for today’s market and I think IMHO that they will not sell for few years. Even the rarest Bottega Veneta Cabats I managed to find, without looking and stalking, for way less than $1000 - ink for $450, reflet for $850, copper specchio for about the same..those are in todays value $10 000 bags. Someone somewhere is going to wish to buy something else and sell a Bal Weekender for a reasonable price.
Yeah and it’s funny you mention that scenario, because that’s usually my buying pattern.

I’ll get the bag, then want something else, but at that price point I’d def be taking a gigantic loss if I ever sold it. On top of the other bags I would have already sold at a loss just to buy it in the first place.

Definitely don’t need it now…but WANT is another story haha.

I was reading in the archives 07 leather was an amazing year, maybe just maybe I’ll get lucky and find one reasonably priced!

Reactions: iluvmybags
Yeah and it’s funny you mention that scenario, because that’s usually my buying pattern.

I’ll get the bag, then want something else, but at that price point I’d def be taking a gigantic loss if I ever sold it. On top of the other bags I would have already sold at a loss just to buy it in the first place.

Definitely don’t need it now…but WANT is another story haha.

I was reading in the archives 07 leather was an amazing year, maybe just maybe I’ll get lucky and find one reasonably priced!
Did you notice how specific the example was ? That is ME, same as you, so I am giving advice to you and I myself am doing the same old, same old. However, I am lately trying to be wiser and not to rush … and it is soooooo hard isn’t it ? Every bag I overpaid I know I will lose a LOT if I want to sell it, so I try to use it as much as I can.

The biggest joy is when I find the bag I know I LOVE from long time ago, and I see it not in fashion at all any more, but it is soooo cool for me still, and is $120 (YSL oversized Muse for example in amazing deep wine sturdy leather, or black Downtown also $150) …those are my happy moments….or Bordeaux Bal Work for $300 because of dark handles. Bordeaux is so cool with dark handles as long as they are not sticky ! So I washed them 😂, literally leaned the bag over the sink and washed the handles and they came out dark red, drier and some lotion and voila, the bag of my dreams

Then I overpay some small Bal and add all the savings on one side and overpayment on the other, so basically it works somehow…..but for a single bag $1700, not in my world, I just think that the bag as an object, in general, is not worth that much money.

IMG_7436.jpegIMG_7450.jpeg

Did you notice how specific the example was ? That is ME, same as you, so I am giving advice to you and I myself am doing the same old, same old. However, I am lately trying to be wiser and not to rush … and it is soooooo hard isn’t it ? Every bag I overpaid I know I will lose a LOT if I want to sell it, so I try to use it as much as I can.

The biggest joy is when I find the bag I know I LOVE from long time ago, and I see it not in fashion at all any more, but it is soooo cool for me still, and is $120 (YSL oversized Muse for example in amazing deep wine sturdy leather, or black Downtown also $150) …those are my happy moments….or Bordeaux Bal Work for $300 because of dark handles. Bordeaux is so cool with dark handles as long as they are not sticky ! So I washed them 😂, literally leaned the bag over the sink and washed the handles and they came out dark red, drier and some lotion and voila, the bag of my dreams

Then I overpay some small Bal and add all the savings on one side and overpayment on the other, so basically it works somehow…..but for a single bag $1700, not in my world, I just think that the bag as an object, in general, is not worth that much money.

View attachment 5998505View attachment 5998506
This was exactly what I needed to hear, I suffer from a terrible case of FOMO. Especially with all the resell platforms, it’s almost like the hunger games of who can get it first. Then it arrives and onto next. I can see how these bags are addicting, because there are so many hidden treasures to be found. I agree the bag is definitely too much with this perspective in mind.

And SO funny you posted a YSL Muse, I have loved these bags and actually just purchased a rather pricey one, but it is a grail I have been wanting for a long time at the right price (found a black real croc oversized for $1,100, soon to be posted on other bag purchase thread!). Your deep wine Muse is gorgeous, such great value for the money. Even if it’s not on everyone’s radar right now, it was an icon in 2007!

Reactions: iluvmybags