~`The Backpack Club`~

Which do you recommend the Montsouris NM (older model) or the newer Montsouris PM?
My concerns are the folded corners with the newer version. Also, the silhouette seems a bit nicer to me on the NM. Although, there’s easier access with the newer model PM (snap closure), the buckle on the NM provides security/peace of mind.
Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:
Which do you recommend the Montsouris NM (older model) or the newer Montsouris PM?
My concerns are the folded corners with the newer version. Also, the silhouette seems a bit nicer to me on the NM. Although, there’s easier access with the newer model PM (snap closure), the buckle on the NM provides security/peace of mind.
Please share your thoughts.
I sold the older version, it was beautiful but not practical for me because it was too hard to get in and out of. Plus the leather, Beautiful but I was always worried i would stain it. I’ll probably buy the new one in the future.

Hi all, just joined the backpack club with my Palm Springs PM MIF. This arrived today but wanted your opinion about the shape at the back. It’s not symmetrical, and I wonder if the canvas shape will relax over time. I sewing of the black inner lining is partly why it’s “slimmer” looking. Anyone think this is faulty and I should exchange?

Attachments

• 76F83BE5-71E5-473C-8DC3-412099781FFB.jpeg
    76F83BE5-71E5-473C-8DC3-412099781FFB.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 22
  • E27D5896-6AF0-4866-A1FC-27226146BCB3.jpeg
    E27D5896-6AF0-4866-A1FC-27226146BCB3.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 801ADFC1-0FE3-4385-9731-C75FC6B0BBC6.jpeg
    801ADFC1-0FE3-4385-9731-C75FC6B0BBC6.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 42F19F1F-BEE2-44C6-9291-F9CD43CD84D2.jpeg
    42F19F1F-BEE2-44C6-9291-F9CD43CD84D2.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 18
Hi all, just joined the backpack club with my Palm Springs PM MIF. This arrived today but wanted your opinion about the shape at the back. It’s not symmetrical, and I wonder if the canvas shape will relax over time. I sewing of the black inner lining is partly why it’s “slimmer” looking. Anyone think this is faulty and I should exchange?
I think the canvas does really relax over time, judging by my vintage pieces vs new ones. I didn't notice any issues with symmetry when I looked at your photos unless I really tried to see it. I wouldn't return it but if you aren't happy then you could :smile:

So I just bought the montsouris pm with the vachetta (or so I thought) straps. Are they coated or treated?? This is seriously life changing if so lol! I have many bags with vachetta and they are definitely different, but it doesn’t say on the website and I wasn’t told anything when I was in the store. I sure hope they are since that would be awesome! I already love the bag and really hope that’s the case.

@LvoemyLV my SA told me the vachetta is treated with pre-tanning. But it looks like there is a coating on it, it’s kind of shiny compared to regular vachetta. She said it would be resistant to staining but can still stain. Curious to hear if anyone has notice a difference in performance for those of you that own it. I love the look and the bb is on my radar. I recently sold the black leather bb because I hesitated on the vachetta and regretted it!

Reactions: LvoemyLV
@LvoemyLV my SA told me the vachetta is treated with pre-tanning. But it looks like there is a coating on it, it’s kind of shiny compared to regular vachetta. She said it would be resistant to staining but can still stain. Curious to hear if anyone has notice a difference in performance for those of you that own it. I love the look and the bb is on my radar. I recently sold the black leather bb because I hesitated on the vachetta and regretted it!
So I tried a water drop to test it and it definitely completely repelled it. I’m super excited about this “treated” vachetta! I’m definitely curious to hear about experience with it over time. The black leather trim reminded me too much of my twice/twinset in mono/black and I already have a world tour speedy b in black/mono. I went in for the Palm Springs mini or PM and came out with the Montsouris PM with vachetta and absolutely love it! I feel like it’s going to be a lot less worrisome than the usual vachetta.

Reactions: Loriad and Msdanger