the Angelina Jolie thread

I don't love or hate Angelina ... Just a question though. What has her humanitarian work actually accomplished? All she does is visit and meet with refugees and displaced people. The poverty is still there, refugee camps keep growing... But I guess that's a different conversation.

The Jolie-Pitt foundation has donated a lot of money as well.. So that makes Brad a humanitarian as well.
For all their faults, they are both very involved in charity work.
He is one of the only celebrities who was instrumental in reconstructing parts of New Orleans. And he is still there!
As far as Angie, she is on the ground. It brings attention to the cause. I don't know what more can people expect?

She filed because of the way Brad was parenting the kids. She was upset with his methods. Not cool. She didn't need to say any of that to file. Now she says Brad was fighting with Maddox. Even more not cool.

sorry ahead of time if im wrong....... but didn't she put her kids in a statement for the world to see?

Putting your kids in a statement is not blaming the kids or throwing them under the bus. Throwing something under the bus means blatantly blaming them for something. Though the kids may blame themselves, that is not HER blaming them. She blamed Brad for how he supposedly treats/raises them.

And did SHE mention he was fighting with Maddox?? Or did someone else?

From what was reported it began as an argument between Brad and Angelina, then Maddox jumps into the argument to defend Angelina. Brad then starts yelling at Maddox. It didn't start with Brad and Maddox.

Putting your kids in a statement is not blaming the kids or throwing them under the bus. Throwing something under the bus means blatantly blaming them for something. Though the kids may blame themselves, that is not HER blaming them. She blamed Brad for how he supposedly treats/raises them.

And did SHE mention he was fighting with Maddox?? Or did someone else?
Okay you win.

For all their faults, they are both very involved in charity work.
He is one of the only celebrities who was instrumental in reconstructing parts of New Orleans. And he is still there!
As far as Angie, she is on the ground. It brings attention to the cause. I don't know what more can people expect?

Yep, both are very charitable.
No need to dissect her charity work, she's doing more than many celebs who are content to take selfies.

"To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American Englishmeaning to sacrifice a friend or ally for selfish reasons. It is typically used to describe a self-defensive disavowal and severance of a previously-friendly relationship when the relation becomes controversial or unpopular.

Reactions: Hobbsy
"To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American Englishmeaning to sacrifice a friend or ally for selfish reasons. It is typically used to describe a self-defensive disavowal and severance of a previously-friendly relationship when the relation becomes controversial or unpopular.

Yeah, so if what she says about Brad is untrue, then she threw his azz under the bus.

We don't know what happened on that plane. Maybe he yelled. Maybe the kid got between them. Maybe it's never going to be known. I didn't grow up with brothers but it seems to me if Brad was yelling and not physically threatening Angelina, then maybe the kid was being overly aggressive by getting into it with his dad. It's one thing to want to protect your mom from a physically abusive husband but a different thing to get in the middle of a verbal fight. If any of the reports about this family and how they were raised are true, the kids may be somewhat out of control.