Tell me i am not alone

oh dear, yes! I do that a lot, I've actually stopped shopping because nothing fits in my closet anymore! You are SOOOO not alone on this one, some things that I've bought I think back, what??!?!? why did I buy that?

my best score - or one of the best - a Ralph Lauren Black Label dress for $59 - original price was over $1,900. Unfortunately, it's about two sizes too big so I don't know how I'm going to wear it, LOL.

^^Oh no! The RL outlet is the best, got a $900 coat sweater for $59 and it fits and they have the vest version in the store right now for 4something!!! Then bought a Vince coat sweater at Marshalls for $29 marked down from Marshalls sale price of $199, who knows what it was retail. Well at least one was beigh and one was gray with a hood and both are cozy!!

You're definitely not alone, I'm a sucker for a bargain. Most of the bargains I get are true bargains in that I will use/wear it but I have to admit that I have a hard time walking away from a good bargain even if I know I wouldn't wear or use it.

ITA. I used to be like you, OP, but now I put that money towards something that I REALLY want. I got tired of filling up my closet with stuff I wasn't getting much use out of. The older I get, the more I'm realizing that you don't need a lot of clothes to have a fun, functional wardrobe.

^ Yup ITA with you as well..It's taken me some time, and it truly has been quite painful from time to time....but I have revamped my closet into stuff that I LOVE to wear ALL the time....I used to buy buy buy and all that stuff is gone gone gone....I read something somewhere that a woman wears 20% of her wardbrobe 80% of the time and this really hit a nerve....a bad one..I realized I was being so wasteful and really not getting very much enjoyment out of my clothes and accessories as I should...I threw out..bought more..gave away..donated..it took me a good year to hit all the seasons..but I finally did it..now every day I wear stuff I love, I know I look good in, and most of all I FEEL GOOD in..it makes such a dif in my day..I walk taller/prouder...it's amazing what happens to your attitiude when you know you look good-kwim? So yeah..I won't hesitate to buy-it's just that I make SURE I love it and I will wear it--often enough...otherwise I might as well burn the $$ spent..and if it happens to be a bargain then great...it doesn't make a differnece what it costs if it just sits in my closet not being worn..it was a waste of $$ to begin with..

I used to be like that.. everytime I see a bargain, I'll buy it but lately I've been trying to save money so I only buy things that I really need and if it's a bargain, it's even better for me.

hell, not only can i not walk away from a bargain, i can't walk away from ANYTHING i want even if it isn't on sale.. i'm pretty sure i'd HAVE to buy things that second even if they were marked UP for +20% added to regular price.. lol

so, no, you are not alone.

Nope, you are certainly not alone! I have a whole closet full of things that I look at every morning and think wow, why...??? I am the worst for buying particularly expensive items that aren't even a bargain on sale! I actually just brought home a Marc Jacobs dress that was originally $1400, and I got it for just over $400. It's a beautiful dress, but ten bucks says I'll never wear it. Sigh...

I used to be like that. Then I figured out that I had too many things and too less money so I started to purchase only things that I really need. Of course a new purse on sale in considered a need :sunnies

sometimes i'm the same way, but lately i've been getting better (i think). i walk around the store with an arm full of sale items, and then i end up putting back most of it (sometimes all of it) after i seriously think about no matter how much it is discounted, i'd still be spending money and if i can't get a lot of wear out of something, then there's no point in buying it. just today i put back a free people dress marked down to $10, marc by marc jacobs coat marked down to $45 and a natori bra marked down to $5. it was hard!

No you're not alone. I love buying nice things at bargain prices.

I recently lost weight and had to get rid of a lot of clothes that didn't fit any more. I was so surprised to see how many of them still had tags and had never been worn. Yet, I had bought most of them thinking I needed them and would be wearing them for a special occasion or event in the future. But that special occasion or event never came around, and if it did I wore something else, so the clothes with tags didn't get worn.

Now I've decided that I'll only buy things as I need them, and hopefully I'll still be able to get them at a good price, but if not I'll deal with the problem when it comes up.
I gave a lot of the stuff to a friend and the others went to a good charity, so I don't feel too bad about it, but it did teach me a lesson about buying things I don't need now.

Mowcam, I think you're right re: nesting/gathering in my case. I need to keep this in mind whenever I'm spending money. Am I just needing to have it, or do I really need it, as in I'm going to use it now.

I am the opposite. While I do appreciate a good sale, I will never buy something just because it is a good price. I always ask myself if I would buy the item at full price. And I do not buy multiples because I do not need too much stuff. It makes me nervous to have an overflowing closet.
Also, I never check clearance racks. I figure that if it has gone on clearance, there must be a reason that no one has wanted it!