Taylor Swift

:crybaby:

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Reactions: finngirl13
It's a beautiful moment - very special for the girl!
I am going to pose a question which I mean sincerely and hope it is taken that way. I see many Swifties (it's been said in this thread, but I've seen it elsewhere too) say that this is a great example of why they're Taylor Swift fans. I get it - it's moving. But I've seen similar thins done by people like Pink, Katy Perry, etc. Make a Wish and similar organizations do a great job of ensuring that big stars know about kids fighting for their lives to connect them for moments like this. Are there ways that Taylor goes beyond what those other stars do that make her unique?

It's a beautiful moment - very special for the girl!
I am going to pose a question which I mean sincerely and hope it is taken that way. I see many Swifties (it's been said in this thread, but I've seen it elsewhere too) say that this is a great example of why they're Taylor Swift fans. I get it - it's moving. But I've seen similar thins done by people like Pink, Katy Perry, etc. Make a Wish and similar organizations do a great job of ensuring that big stars know about kids fighting for their lives to connect them for moments like this. Are there ways that Taylor goes beyond what those other stars do that make her unique?

I’m not a Swiftie, and I haven’t done any deep dives on celebs and the full scope of their giving back efforts… I think it’s a combination of the huge number of fans she has and the scope of her transparency (publicity?) when it comes to those things.

For comparison, Beyonce and Taylor both have a very large number of fans. I’m sure Beyonce gives back, but we don’t hear about it like we do with Taylor. Admittedly I have not looked into Beyoncé’s charitable efforts but at the same time I just don’t hear much about what she is doing. Either that is because she does it quietly or does less of it, I have no idea.

Maybe it’s in how Taylor does it. She does it in varied ways both big and small. Whether it be donating to food banks at every tour stop, donating as she did for the KC shooting victim, giving large bonuses to her entire tour crew, or taking a moment in her concert to make someone feel special. Versus choosing one cause and narrowly giving only to that. And how it’s publicized alongside her persona of being a nice person.

Reactions: LibbyRuth
I’m not a Swiftie, and I haven’t done any deep dives on celebs and the full scope of their giving back efforts… I think it’s a combination of the huge number of fans she has and the scope of her transparency (publicity?) when it comes to those things.

For comparison, Beyonce and Taylor both have a very large number of fans. I’m sure Beyonce gives back, but we don’t hear about it like we do with Taylor. Admittedly I have not looked into Beyoncé’s charitable efforts but at the same time I just don’t hear much about what she is doing. Either that is because she does it quietly or does less of it, I have no idea.

Maybe it’s in how Taylor does it. She does it in varied ways both big and small. Whether it be donating to food banks at every tour stop, donating as she did for the KC shooting victim, giving large bonuses to her entire tour crew, or taking a moment in her concert to make someone feel special. Versus choosing one cause and narrowly giving only to that. And how it’s publicized alongside her persona of being a nice person.
doing a quick search it seems beyonce and j do give but considering their huge wealth, they don't donate a whole lot

Reactions: TC1
I found this about Taylor...

doing a quick search it seems beyonce and j do give but considering their huge wealth, they don't donate a whole lot

I found quite a lot attached to Beyonce, mostly related to economic equality and education. She has some foundation and routinely gives back but it doesn't get the same publicity, and mostly done under the name of the foundation she started.

Of course, the whole giving back stuff probably has some tax advantages for the very wealthy so it's a win-win for the giver and the receiver.

Reactions: piperdog
Giving back "publicly" is the key point there. None of us have any idea what any celebrity truly gives because they don't all issue press releases each time they do it.
But on the comparison of outreach to kids with cancer - I can find videos very similar to the one posted with Taylor featuring Beyonce, Pink, Katy Perry, Luke Combs, Luke Bryant, Andy Grammer, Michael Buble, Kid Rock, and Roger Daltrey. And that's not even the complete first page of the google search.
I think that it's a fantastic thing to do in a show. I applaud every artist who works with organizations that make things like that happen. I knew a child who had a similar experience, but for him, being on the field for and NFL game was his ultimate dream. His parents still cherish the memories of his excitement that day, and the escape the experience had for all of them in a stressful time. It's a great way for a person to use their celebrity to share something special with a person who needs it. I don't think it's necessary to rank the people who participate since so many do.

Last edited:
Giving back "publicly" is the key point there. None of us have any idea what any celebrity truly gives because they don't all issue press releases each time they do it.
But on the comparison of outreach to kids with cancer - I can find videos very similar to the one posted with Taylor featuring Beyonce, Pink, Katy Perry, Luke Combs, Luke Bryant, Andy Grammer, Michael Buble, Kid Rock, and Roger Daltrey. And that's not even the first page of the google search.
I think that it's a fantastic thing to do in a show. I applaud every artist who works with organizations that make things like that happen. I knew a child who had a similar experience, but for him, being on the field for and NFL game was his ultimate dream. His parents still cherish the memories of his excitement that day, and the escape the experience had for all of them in a stressful time. It's a great way for a person to use their celebrity to share something special with a person who needs it. I don't think it's necessary to rank the people who participate since so many do.

The Make-A-Wish type of activities always melt my heart. And when a celeb I might not care much for participates in this way, it improves my perception of them. It takes more effort than simply writing a check, and they appear to make genuine effort to create a memorable moment. Imagine being able to make that kind of impact! It’s like having a superpower!

Seeing that kid’s reaction to Taylor at the concert totally made me cry.

She definitely put in the time and hard work.

Swift’s achievement is all the more noteworthy, Forbes says, because last October she accomplished “a feat no other musician had before: she became a billionaire strictly off of earnings from her music and performances.”

Good for her. Looking forward to the album release on 4/19!

Reactions: lulu212121