Taylor Swift

I think they're over-exposed at this point. but I guess until her tour is done, they will continue to be photographed/posted on social media, etc.
I heard her publicist is the best in the biz so I guess they know what they're doing.

Her tour will ending will overlap with the football season beginning. It will be an endless Traylor cycle :lol:

I’m sorry to say that we may not stop hearing about them unless they break up.

I never intentionally follow TS, but I've heard so much about her that it's become annoying. I've nothing against her and am happy for her success. She's mentioned everywhere. I'm trying to think of past celebrities (or personalities) that have had similar star power in their day or currently--Madonna, Beyonce, Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Kennedy, Oprah, George Clooney, Michael Jackson, Jack Nicholson, JLo, am not sure if they were on the same level--what other celebs come to mind that were/are "bigger" than TS? We put so much emphasis on celebrity that it's kind of sad we don't hold up, for example, scientists who make great breakthroughs in disease cures, etc, nearly as highly.

I never intentionally follow TS, but I've heard so much about her that it's become annoying. I've nothing against her and am happy for her success. She's mentioned everywhere. I'm trying to think of past celebrities (or personalities) that have had similar star power in their day or currently--Madonna, Beyonce, Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Kennedy, Oprah, George Clooney, Michael Jackson, Jack Nicholson, JLo, am not sure if they were on the same level--what other celebs come to mind that were/are "bigger" than TS? We put so much emphasis on celebrity that it's kind of sad we don't hold up, for example, scientists who make great breakthroughs in disease cures, etc, nearly as highly.
I think she is at her peak...but maybe she can sustain it...or go away and come back. I may seem naive but I hope her romance is real. She is at an age where it would be a good time to make a long term commitment. and he's very tall - a good thing for a tall woman like her.
I heard this woman on a podcast say that mahomes and travis make a great team but travis is more sexy. I disagree.

Reactions: Sferics
I would say that for their time Elvis and the Beatles were certainly bigger than Taylor. There have always been fandoms but IMO the difference is social media. It makes everything a thousand times more obnoxious than pre-internet. Before teenagers could argue with each other at school over which band was the best but the discussion ended there. Now fans and nonfans worldwide can fight for months over the silly minutiae of a particular artist. (Yes, I appreciate the irony that we do exactly that here. I’m not saying it’s healthy for us. :P)

For those saying Taylor shouldn’t be considered an artist, who is a current singer who IS an artist?

Last edited:
I would say that for their time Elvis and the Beatles were certainly bigger than Taylor. There have always been fandoms but IMO the difference is social media. It makes everything a thousand times more obnoxious than pre-internet. Before teenagers could argue with each other at school over which band was the best but the discussion ended there. Now fans and nonfans worldwide can fight for months over the silly minutiae of a particular artist. (Yes, I appreciate the irony that we do exactly that here. I’m not saying it’s healthy for us. :P)

For those saying Taylor shouldn’t be considered an artist, who is a current singer who IS an artist?
deleted

Now fans and nonfans worldwide can fight for months over the silly minutiae of a particular artist. (Yes, I appreciate the irony that we do exactly that here. I’m not saying it’s healthy for us. :P)

👍 Hah! I'm guilty as charged! ITA that Elvis and the Beatles were bigger than TS. Many years after their deaths, (I know Ringo and Paul M are still alive) they're still huge.

I never paid attention to Taylor until last year when my young nieces were clamoring to go to the Eras Tour. Then I thought I should check out her music so as not to be a total auntie fuddy duddy. I loved. it. Not everything, mind you, but the Folklore album is one of the only albums I've ever heard in which I enjoy listening to every single song and don't skip to get to the songs that made me buy the album. I don't know how anyone can listen to all of her albums in a progression and claim she hasn't evolved. It's your prerogative to have any opinion you want, but she's proved IMO that she's incredibly versatile. And then I started watching some live performances and realized she's an incredible performer to boot. In fact, some songs I didn't care for the recorded version, I totally changed my mind when I saw her perform live.
As for the Travis Kelce thing...I'm a Chiefs fan and a sucker for a good rom com and I don't care if it's real or hyped for publicity. I'll take as many photos of that man's biceps as the Taylor media machine cares to provide. :P

I think that she got the press she wanted when she had to re-record her albums because she didn’t have the masters.
For me it’s just too much of everything re-recorded as “Taylor’s Version”
We stream a “hit list” station at my work and every second song is TS. Urgh.

I was going to write about how there are differences between an actor, singer, socialite, etc., so I see all of these as slightly distinct situations. But then, I realized the bigger answer: almost all of these people, regardless of job, are deeply devoted to fame. Taylor is one of them--adulation, accolades, etc. are clearly a huge deal to her. That's got to be true for anyone who hits that level.

The reason I said "almost all" is because I genuinely can't see any evidence that Jackie wanted to be famous. She's a bit of an outlier in that group, but I get the point (she was insanely famous, whether or not that was the intention).