Target's Devi Kroell bags

I ordered two, I can't wait! I'll be honest...I owned the $2500+ hobo before and just couldn't fall in love with it. I found it scratchy and uncomfortable to wear and it stayed a bit too rigid for my taste (I like slouchy hobos). So I'm happy to be able to rediscover the overall look and style of the bag without committing to the price tag...but again, to each her own;)

The new Marie Claire, I think it is, has a good article about those and how to tell the Target version from the $$$$$ version

I actually posted that article last month -
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...lls-2500-sig-python-bag-35-target-143565.html

It's really pretty interesting - you should definitely check it out!

Has anyone seen the larger bags IRL yet? I was looking online, and of course all the ones I liked were only available online and not in stores - I'd really rather see it IRL before I commit to buying one. At least I can see what the others look like.

I love love love Devi Kroell bags and there is no way that someone will think that your high end one is the same as the lower end ones. The lower end ones just look like cheap no name purses.

hmm...Some designs just need good quality leather. Don't get me wrong (I'm not a snob), but for example it's the same with BV. I like the original simple design that makes the quality python or whatever really stand out. But now the bags are just tacky.

I saw them last night at a Target here in the Chicago 'burbs, if they hadn't been on an endcap with a big Devi Kroell sign I probably wouldn't have noticed them. The quality did seem much better than the usual plastic/pleather bags that Target has though.

I saw them last night at a Target here in the Chicago 'burbs, if they hadn't been on an endcap with a big Devi Kroell sign I probably wouldn't have noticed them. The quality did seem much better than the usual plastic/pleather bags that Target has though.

I'm from the Chicago burbs, Jen. Which Target did you see them at? I was going to check out my store (Cicero), but don't want to make a trip if they don't have them yet.

Also, do you know which bags they had? I'm interested in the larger totes and the darker colors (grey/black?)

I was at my local Target last night & saw some of these. The only hobo that they had was the gold one, which I didn't particularly care for. I thought the shoulder strap was extremely hard & stiff, and the body of the bag doesn't seem too soft either.

They had several of the pouchettes, which were pretty nice (esp for $20!). I looked at the black (anthracite) one & when I picked it up, it seemed very soft. I don't know if it's because it's smaller or what, but the pouchette was much softer than the hobo.

They also had several of the "shopper" bags - which I don't like. It's $40 & made almost entirely out of vinyl (or vinyl-like material) w/a snakeskin-like handle.

They didn't have any of the totes, which is what I was interested in. I called another store & they have them so I'm going to stop there this evening - if it's nice enough, I might buy one.

What I did notice about these bags is that it seems that DK paid close attention to the smaller details & made them really nice. The zippers are all engraved, there's a metal hangtag, the lining & trim are nice - the bags are even stuffed w/DK tissue paper! These added details are what I think makes the slightly higher price (for Target) seem worth it.

What is missing, that I think these designers should include when doing these bags for Target, are sleeper bags. A lot of people equate sleeper bags w/"quality" handbags, so I think by including a sleeper with these bags, it would add a "luxury" feel to the bags. Maybe the next designer to produce a line of bags for Target will consider adding sleepers.

I saw them at my Target. I wasn't impressed overall. The fake python was too fake, and the hobos were stiff. The clutches with the metal chain were nicer (the strap was SO smooth, the python print was centered on at least one side, and it had a sparkly clasp), but I don't have much occasion to carry one, so I didn't buy.

I also saw these last night at Target. On first impulse, I grabbed one because they looked nice from far away. On closer inspection though, I put it back...too stiff and fake-y for me. I know she made them specifically for Target, but they still seem like impostors! I'm a snob, aren't I?

My last purchase at Target, a Isaac Mizrahi, came with a dust bag. It was a stiff-feeling sleeper, but still, a dust bag is a dust bag.

I was at my local Target last night & saw some of these. The only hobo that they had was the gold one, which I didn't particularly care for. I thought the shoulder strap was extremely hard & stiff, and the body of the bag doesn't seem too soft either.

They had several of the pouchettes, which were pretty nice (esp for $20!). I looked at the black (anthracite) one & when I picked it up, it seemed very soft. I don't know if it's because it's smaller or what, but the pouchette was much softer than the hobo.

They also had several of the "shopper" bags - which I don't like. It's $40 & made almost entirely out of vinyl (or vinyl-like material) w/a snakeskin-like handle.

They didn't have any of the totes, which is what I was interested in. I called another store & they have them so I'm going to stop there this evening - if it's nice enough, I might buy one.

What I did notice about these bags is that it seems that DK paid close attention to the smaller details & made them really nice. The zippers are all engraved, there's a metal hangtag, the lining & trim are nice - the bags are even stuffed w/DK tissue paper! These added details are what I think makes the slightly higher price (for Target) seem worth it.

What is missing, that I think these designers should include when doing these bags for Target, are sleeper bags. A lot of people equate sleeper bags w/"quality" handbags, so I think by including a sleeper with these bags, it would add a "luxury" feel to the bags. Maybe the next designer to produce a line of bags for Target will consider adding sleepers.

i got the grayish metallic (anthracite) framed clutch from target yesterday. when i saw the devi kroell sign i basically grabbed everything i saw that i thought were nice. after some contemplating, i bought the clutch which is a pretty cute evening bag. i didn't like the bigger hobo and the tote bag because they were very stiff and uncomfortable to carry. since the clutch is a handheld, the material isn't a big problem. what i like about the clutch is that it has a little cell phone pouch inside, along with a middle zipper dividing the clutch into two compartments. thoughtful and cute. what i dont' like is the heaviness of the clutch, i guess it's the same problem with other framed clutches. overall im pretty pleased and for 30 bucks, you can't go wrong with that.