Target's Devi Kroell bags

They are ok, but did not make me drool. I sould have liked more exciting colors.
If you have an "original" you do not need to be worried- there is no comparision between the lines.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments about these bags. I'm going to re-state my original comment- maybe if MORE designers would make their own affordable line, the FAKES would be put out of business !!! I mean, come on, they start at around $20 for a clutch- I wouldn't expect the quality to be that of a $3000 bag but they open up a whole new world to people who can't afford to plunk down thousands on a bag !!

I'm surprised at all the negative comments about these bags. I'm going to re-state my original comment- maybe if MORE designers would make their own affordable line, the FAKES would be put out of business !!! I mean, come on, they start at around $20 for a clutch- I wouldn't expect the quality to be that of a $3000 bag but they open up a whole new world to people who can't afford to plunk down thousands on a bag !!
AMEN!!!!!
I got the two clutches with rhinestone clasps and for a 'special night out '30.00 bucks works for me-and they are really nice and they come from a designer....
If the designer can go Target,(Rafe, Issac M.,dEVI )then they obvouisly want to give 'everyone ' a chance to enjoy their bags-
These are AUTHENTIC DESIGNER BAGS using cheaper material that THE DESIGNERS APPROVE-they are not FAKE!

^^I absolutely agree! I just didn't find the bags to be quite what I was looking for. But the framed clutch, especially, is quite nice. Vera Wang will be doing a line for Kohl's and Abaete is doing shoes for Payless, so a number of designers are getting in on the action at lower-priced stores!

I'm from the Chicago burbs, Jen. Which Target did you see them at? I was going to check out my store (Cicero), but don't want to make a trip if they don't have them yet.

Also, do you know which bags they had? I'm interested in the larger totes and the darker colors (grey/black?)

I am so sorry I didn't reply! Haven't been on the forum much lately:crybaby: Anyway, they were at the Countryside store on Rt. 83 and at the Hodgkins store on Joliet Rd. Probably everywhere by now.

i think it's so ridiculous and elitist that someone would be 'offended' that a designer would make a lower priced line. she's not selling the same $3000 hobo you bought for $30, don't get your panties in a wad. you got your money's worth because you got an exotic skin bag that's hand sewn. not all people that like the look of those bags have $3000 to spend, and i would MUCH rather someone that's in that situation to honor the original designer by buying one of her lower-priced bags with a similar (not the same by any stretch of the imagination) look than by buying an illegal fake. your bag doesn't make you better than anyone, and i certainly hope you spent $3000 because you loved the bag and NOT because you wanted to impress other people. so if you love the bag, what does this matter?

i saw them in a mag at work yesterday, and i had today off and needed to buy some socks so i stopped in to target. i thought the anthracite frame clutch was easily worth $30, but i wasn't a huge fan of most of the others (they didnt have the hobos out). i bought the clutch, i think i'll find it very useful (i love a cheap clutch, my friends and i go out a couple nights a week and it's too dangerous to have an expensive bag around that much alcohol). as such, i have a lot of cheap clutches from places like target and forever 21, and i think i'll get a lot of use out of this one. i wish they made the frame clutch in light gold, i'd get one of those too. i didn't like the dark gold.

sometimes i think i use my cheap clutches more than the bags i paid $1000+ for...

I totally agree with you Amanda. I think it's ridiculous that anyone would be offended that a designer made a lower priced look-a-like bag of their own design, no less. So much attention is paid to fashion and style these days, I'm glad that the designers are paying attention and making things that are affordable for buyers out there. Perhaps this is the answer to the reduction of counterfeit sales. If more designers made affordable look-a-like bags, why would anyone want to buy a cheap, fake knock-off when they could have an actual bag made by their favorite designer.

It's not going to reduce the number of higher priced bags that are sold either. There's still no comparison to actual leather and exotic animal skins, and if someone can afford it, they're still going to buy them. In fact, I think this is a way for designers to open the market up to more buyers. I mean, how many people may have never heard of Devi Kroell a month ago? Now w/ the Target bags, more people are aware of her.

Same is true of their Go line. I had never heard of Patrick Robinson before, but I was impressed w/his Target line & it's made me aware of him so that I can seek out his regular line of clothes.

I hope more designers join in this excellent idea. If anything, there will definitely be a much large designer handbag audience out there.

Seriously, I don't understand why people keep calling them "knockoffs". The desiger of the originals made them herself, so I don't see how they are knockoffs.

And I for one, am glad to be able to have access to nice bags at a low price. :shrugs:

A "knock off" by definition is an unlicensed copy of something, esp. fashion clothing, intended to be sold at a lower price than the original.

The Devi Kroell bags are NOT unlicensed copies. Therefore, they're not knock-offs.

It's basically how designers have multiple levels of their line. For example, Ralph Lauren does his Collection line, Ralph Lauren Black, Ralph Lauren Blue, Ralph Lauren Purple, Ralph Lauren, Lauren, Lauren Jeans, RLX, Ralph Lauren Golf, Ralph Lauren Tennis, Polo Ralph Lauren, etc.

This is just another way for a designer to get his/her line "out" there for the public and to generate interest in his/her work. If you love the item, who cares how much it costs?

your bag doesn't make you better than anyone, and i certainly hope you spent $3000 because you loved the bag and NOT because you wanted to impress other people.
Trying to impress the average person with a Devi Kroell bag isn't going to elicit much of a response. Until this Target line came out, most people who are not total bag junkies have probably never heard of her.

I ordered the pochette and the tote on target.com and I just got them. I know I shouldn't have high expectations for bags that cost $20 and $50, respectively, but I was disappointed primarily because they stank of cheap vinyl, literally! Maybe because they were still sealed in the original packaging it was more noticeable than if I'd picked it up in the store, but it was BAD. That and the fact that the tote could fit a toddler inside it (and this from someone who loves big bags). The gold and the python texture were too much on a bag that size.

Just received the pochette and it does smell and look plastic but for $19.99, it is well made and I think I'll use it for a makeup bag. NO ONE will confuse it for the original line ( I have one so I can compare.)

I think these lines of "designer" bags are really meant for those who really aren't into "luxury" designer bags. For those of us who carry genuine leather bags on a daily basis, these DK Target bags aren't bags we'd normally buy. But for someone who doesn't normally buy designer bags, or spend hundreds of dollars on handbags, these bags are probably ideal. It's just like any of the "look-a-like" bags that Target has put out (I remember their "balenciaga-inspired" bags - they weren't bad, but certainly no where near the real thing) - in fact, I read that Target actually produced the materials for these bags. DK just designed them. So essentially, they're Target bags w/DK's name attached.

I think if the designers/Target want to please a larger market, including regular buyers of luxury bags, then they need to use a little bit nicer materials (maybe a lower-grade leather or some other kind of material that isn't so hard and stiff). I also think adding sleeper bags would be a nice touch.

The nicest bags I've seen for Target were the ones by Paul & Joe - they used real leather either as a trim or on the shoulder straps, and I actually bought one of the bags (the owl tote) and it still looks pretty nice. I considered getting the "sweater hobo" that they put out, but since it was white, I passed. These bags were in the $30-40 range, and they were genuinely nice bags. I also think that these bags were made by the designers - Target didn't supply the materials.

Has anyone seen this bag IRL? I like how it looks online

41Fxw9PXKzL._SS384_.jpg

I saw it IRL today in my Target. Among the DK bags for Taget, I liked this one the most and actually spent a while on pondering whether or not to buy it. I decdied not to buy it because it just look like a bag that would be given during some promotiontional events. For example, I got a MbyMK-"styled" bag ---shown in the picture below --- for free when I spent $26 on a pair of shoes in DSW.

DSW.jpg

Also, NM or Saks usually gives a nice tote bag for free as a promotional item during their beauty events.
If someone gives me this DK bag as a gift, then I would be glad but I would never buy it out of my pocket.