Table for 3 Please for me, my hubby and Hermes please!

Confession:

I was guilty of the sin (putting my New birkin) on the floor, but it was at Hermes store in Toronto and I made sure the bag stayed on the carpet. After about 15 minutes, I put in on the glass showcase where it seemed to rest much more comfortable.

Occasionally, at restaurants, I stop paying attention to the conversation and my eyes drift over to my bag just to check up and make sure that it is safe . . . . .they always take the time to comfortable situate the bag before the meal begins so that everyone (I) can relax.....we all have accept over friends litlle neuroses!

OhMonDieu...I can totally relate to this! LOL!

The beautiful folding stool is actually part of the "Pippa" line of folding furniture by Rena Dumas and Peter Coles whose initials are discreetly engraved on each numbered piece. The stool comes in two sizes and I think the one in the picture is the small one which doubles as a foot stool. It is made of beautiful pearwood, natural cowhide with contrast white topstitch, and polished brass hardware. It is also available in ebonized pearwood with nickel plated hardware. I use mine to rest my birkin on.

I read an article once (can't remember where, perhaps the hotel group's own) about the Le Meurice stools (by Hermes for your Hermes). I hate having to put my bag on the floor where it can get kicked especially in restaurants which should know better. If a waiter brings me a chair for my bag without me asking his/her tip is guaranteed!

There were a number of occasions when I had to put my Birkin on the floor but if I'm at a cafe or restaurant, I use my purse hook. I've only traveled once with my Birkin and had to push it under the seat in front. I'll never do that again. Next time round, it'll go in her very own Longchamp Les Pliage tote.

I love this thread! Only on tPF could I feel less insane!

I don't have an H bag but my LV ALWAYS gets a chair of its own and it is the current running joke in my family.

I put my purse at the back of me but I scoot forward so if its missing I'll know. I don't put the purse on the floor ever-not even in my own house (she's always on the bed).

how paranoid are you? When I go to dinner...I never EVER put my birkin on the floor.
Me neither, LOL!

how do you guys travel with your Hermes?
If I am flying with an H bag, I take the dust bag and an extra duffle bag (extra layer of protection when going through the x-ray machine) with me.

When you do take your birkin, kelly to dinner do you constantly watch it to make sure its okay and the server doesn't spill anything on it!
Absolutely if it's resting on a chair, LOL! However, if it's resting on a purse hanger, I tend to worry less since the bag is more or less protected by the top of the table ;)

Wow, a pursehanger...what a great idea for crowded restaurants!

Where can I get a pursehanger please? Can someone post a pix to show what it looks like? TIA

My purse hangers are from Pursesitter and they are fantastic. Here is a picture of the ones that I have

RIMG1072.jpg

I get a lot of compliments when I use them in a restaurant or cafe :P