Super sweaty palms and vachetta....

Just stumbled across this post after my walk to the post office... it's 91 degrees out.... my shoulder strap now has a nice stain on it from my arm pit. I'm heart broken. I DID treat this bag with Lovin My Bags so hopefully the mark will fade as it dries. Fingers crossed! As for my sweaty hands and my Alma... I usually end up carrying it on my arm so I have my hands free so my handles still look good..... for now. <sigh> So glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Please let me know if LMB worked. If it didn't work try wiping the entire bag with a clean damp cloth ASAP- if that doesn't help use cleanser and lightly use magic eraser to clean. Don't over scrub. I used LMB on my dueaville but still got a water spot somehow so I had to use LMB cleaner and magic eraser to clean (it removed it) and then condition it.

Please let me know if LMB worked. If it didn't work try wiping the entire bag with a clean damp cloth ASAP- if that doesn't help use cleanser and lightly use magic eraser to clean. Don't over scrub. I used LMB on my dueaville but still got a water spot somehow so I had to use LMB cleaner and magic eraser to clean (it removed it) and then condition it.
I haven't noticed a big difference since using LMB. I was afraid of getting too much of the product on the vachetta, so I may have needed to do a heavier coat of everything. I didn't want to use too much or scrub too much, so I didn't think it would hurt to take it slow. I'm stuck at work for a few more hours, so won't be able to try to clean it til I get home. I got rained on with my Alma the other day, and it dried with no spots. That bag has not been treated with LMB. If the spot doesn't come out of the handle, I might consider dying it. I didn't spend enough on it to have the vachetta replaced. This bucket bag is kind of my experiment bag. I can try stuff with this bag to see if it works before try something on one of my good ones lol.

Reactions: Kitty157
Ok... just put a small drop of water on the inside of a strap.... dried without leaving any kind of spot. I think the handle that was close to my armpit is ruined now. Stupid sweaty pits >:sad:

Attachments

• 20170711_150807.jpg
    20170711_150807.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 188
It doesn't look too bad. maybe you could try a q tip soaked in water with a bit of liquid laundry soap? you could try blotting a very tiny spot to see if it helps.
I have sweaty palms sometimes and my handles would be a mess if I didn't find these Love Handles. You could try them on your straps to protect them from more stains.

I would try the LMB cleanser and go easily with the magic eraser. Make sure to have enough product on the magic eraser so it's not too dry. It may not get it all off but it will prob lighten it a lot. Don't be overly aggressive with it. Do a little at a time. It will dry out the leather (don't do it if ur leather is really dry already as cracking may occur) but then just condition it after. With the rest of the strap (the non stained part) use the cleaner on a cloth to clean it too so the cleaning is even (hope u know what i mean).
You can do some today and condition it and then in a week or so do the cleanse again. I had a preloved item that had some weird stains like that and magic eraser did wonders!
*If u plan to replace the straps u have nothing to lose so try the cleaning first. Good luck
Colonill is a leather water repellant that others have used. It comes in a gel so maybe u do it after to help with future stains.

Lovin My Bags Vachetta cleaner worked like a charm! I did a quick wipe this morning before I left for work and will condition when I go home for lunch, then I'll try the cleaner again to see if I can get more off. I assumed it would be like a water spot that would never go away.

Attachments

• 20170712_091616.jpg
    20170712_091616.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 189
Lovin My Bags Vachetta cleaner worked like a charm! I did a quick wipe this morning before I left for work and will condition when I go home for lunch, then I'll try the cleaner again to see if I can get more off. I assumed it would be like a water spot that would never go away.

Great job! LMB and a little magic eraser will remove water spots too- at least it did for me. Don't forget to protect again. Yay!

Hi, I know this is an old post but I also have hyperhidrosis. I never knew there was a term for it though. Unfortunately I have this all over so I completely avoid vachetta which is fine because I do prefer the DE print. I have a key cle in mono and the zippy multicartes so that way I can at least dable in the mono print. This condition is the reason I hate summer. I love to look at the sun but I despise being out in the heat. I love my Ohio winters. Thank you everyone for letting me know I am not alone! XOXO

Hi, I know this is an old post but I also have hyperhidrosis. I never knew there was a term for it though. Unfortunately I have this all over so I completely avoid vachetta which is fine because I do prefer the DE print. I have a key cle in mono and the zippy multicartes so that way I can at least dable in the mono print. This condition is the reason I hate summer. I love to look at the sun but I despise being out in the heat. I love my Ohio winters. Thank you everyone for letting me know I am not alone! XOXO

Hi, have you tried an iontophoresis machine? My Dermotologist recommended one and I have been using it (Dermadry) for almost a month. It hasn’t completely eliminated my sweaty hands and feet BUT it has reduced it imo.
The true test is summer for me. You’re not alone- if you need more info about this ur welcome to DM me. [emoji4]

Reactions: jenlynne25