Super sweaty palms and vachetta....

love reading through this thread not bc of the condition we suffer from but it comforting to know I'm not alone. Lol i didn't know there was a medical term for it as well. I got it from my father and was also teased a lot as a kid while growing up. I love light color shirts, it compliments my skin tone but i learn to stop buying them bc i would have to throw them out from sweat stains. OP, buy what you love. I tend to stay away from handheld vachetta bags as well but shoulder carry would be a good option.

OMGoodness. Yes. Certain things. Like playing guitar is so damn hard. Any instrument aside from a keyboard is just awful. I rust out the strings. Lol. Writing and art is another difficult thing. I hated taking notes ins school or tests. I used to have a handkerchief under my hand to take tests. They allowed me or those scan tron dot testing forms would be soaked. Lol.

LOL! Same here with the hanky while writing! :lol:

Reactions: Sartorialista
You could try waterproofing the vachetta with appleguard or Kiwi All Protect. I'm not sure if that would work but it might There are also lots of mono bags without vachetta, such as the Retiro, Estrella, Dora and there are some mono almas and neverfuls with patches and black trim coming out for fall/winter. 😃

Wow! I have hyperhidrosis as well. I can so empathize with the experiences you all have shared. It was so bad at one point I was considering a sympathectomy. Even the simplest things would trigger it. Like many of you mentioned, it is hereditary and at least one person per generation of my family has exhibited signs and symptoms of hyperhidrosis.

I've historically stayed away from vachetta because I know it will be ruined if my excessively sweaty palms ever got a hold of it. Recently; however, I purchased the Pochette Metis; it'd been on my list for quite some time but I hesitated due to the vachetta. I also purchased a bandeau for the handle. I have not test driven it yet, but I'm hoping that it won't be too much of an issue especially with the monogram strap.

I tried drysol when I was in high school; it worked for a bit, but eventually my palms started breaking out because the formulation was so caustic. I have heard of Botox being especially effective in the under arm area. I'm not sure about in palmar or inguinal areas though...

We really do need a club!

Has anyone tried the Loving My Bags protection?? Have seen mixed reviews but don't know if it would work for this?
I don't think that LMBs would be suitable since it's designed for a little bit of moisture - it's kind of the equivalent of wearing a rain coat and jumping in a pool with the expectation of staying dry.
One of my friends has hyperhidrosis like you wouldn't believe, especially when angry/nervous or when it's hot, and she loves mono bags. She treated her bags with water repellent and then found some thin clear plastic tubes, with a diameter similar to that of the Speedy's handles, which she cut lengthwise and then opened up and slipped on. It works like a charm and you wouldn't notice those covers at first glance.

YOLO!!!!! Buy the Delightful and wrap the strap in a bandeau. It will protect the vachetta and help keep the bag from sliding off your shoulder. Same with the Speedy. They have a store on Etsy that sells some cute knit handle covers.

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
I vote for the hyperhidrosis club!

I had it pretty bad during my teenage years and the beginning of my adult life. It got better by itself, but I still sweat more than most people, especially when I'm nervous, angry and anxious (and also when it's hot, obviously). All my clothes used to be black, white at most, never colorful, because I used to sweat so badly on my armpits. Most of my day revolved around this. There was a time when it was so bad I used small sanitary pads cut and positioned on the underarm area of my blouses. I still avoid tight clothes during hot weather and when I'm anxious.

OP, did you end up getting any azur bags? I believe you'd have no trouble with a non-handheld bag that has little vachetta, like the Favorite, for example :smile:

I vote to go for it! I would try a shoulder bag in Mono print first to see how you like it. Maybe bring a small cloth in your bag to wrap around the handle when you lift it to put it on your shoulder. Or you could try a pre-loved Mono bag with a light patina before getting a new bag. If you want to try a handheld bag, maybe wrap the handles with a bandeau. Or maybe use some sort of baby powder on your hands before holding a hand held piece.

Hi! I dont know if this tip is appreciated, but i will try anyways!
I was sweating like crazy when i was younger, and get fairly sweat palms and feet, including armpits.
I used whats called aluminiumklorid in norwegian, and now i dont suffer in that extent anymore.
Can be used under arms, on feet and palms.
But back to vachetta; i have treated the vachetta on my speedy, and there is no problem with any sweatmarks on the handles.

I did buy some Love Handles, and I will never again carry a bag without them. I have to use hand lotion, and I hate dirty discolour handles, so these have been a life saver. I can't with the fugly crochet ones. Love Handles are the best. I just bought one of her purse organizers too and it is the best quality organizer I have ever found. I don't have anything to do with the company, I just love good products.

Reactions: Araepsev
Just stumbled across this post after my walk to the post office... it's 91 degrees out.... my shoulder strap now has a nice stain on it from my arm pit. I'm heart broken. I DID treat this bag with Lovin My Bags so hopefully the mark will fade as it dries. Fingers crossed! As for my sweaty hands and my Alma... I usually end up carrying it on my arm so I have my hands free so my handles still look good..... for now. <sigh> So glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.