Super sweaty palms and vachetta....

Thank you sooooo much! You are a doll. Hugs!!!! I truly appreciate it!

Yes I know exactly what you mean about the wardrobe as well. Lol. Heaven forbid I have on a fitted shirt. Lol. Tanks tops and shirts become disposable. Lol

And I only wore black shirts. Black in the dead of summer. Black in 90+ degrees because you can't see the sweat stains on a black shirt as obviously. Black 365 days a year.

Really? Oh yes. There is a term. I learned it about 15 years ago. I never knew until then. On the plus side for me my hands don't really ever get dried out. I do use lotion on my nails and cuticles after I had kids because I constantly wash my hands. In the winter the cuticles crack. That's the only time I moisturizer my hands. They really don't need it. Ugh. The doctors have characterized it as "very impressive" lol. It's gross. I ain't gonna lie. I wear socks in the summer at home to help keep me from actually slipping on my hardwood floors. Lol. Thank goodness my hubby and kids and love me!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip. It helps. Sorry you suffer as well. :sad:

I used to be very self conscious about it when I was younger. I never wanted to hold hands with boyfriends (until I met my husband, who insisted he hold my hand everywhere we went). Gross story- when I was pledging my sorority, we had the hold hands with the person next to us. Unfortunately, the person next to me had the same condition. The sweat actually dripped from our clasped hands (granted we were holding hands a long time during this part of the initiation, but yuck). Everyone saw. On the plus side, she and I are stil great friends after 19 years lol

I never understood how I could have sweaty palms AND dry skin on my hands. My doc said it was from over washing (guess that's a thing too lol) I also have dark skin, so lotion is a must. And I have to forget about wearing pretty slide sandals- they slide right off [emoji22]

I say go for it! Worst case, the vachetta gets ruined. So, then you replace it and sell the bag and then you will know it's not for you. You may be out a little extra money if you do have to replace the handles but to me it's worth it because if it does work out you will be super thrilled!

I also have hyperhydrosis and use doTERRA cedarwood essential oil in both my handmade deodorant and unscented hand lotion. It naturally helps to reduce perspiration production and I've found it to be very effective!

I have this too- certain things seem to trigger mine (stress, heat and thinking about it- just reading this brought it on) and then my feet and palms (rarely underarms) sweat excessively for long periods of time till it passes. No one in my family has it so I don't know where I got it, but my daughter has it too, from me. I don't have any vachetta hand carry bags but I own a neverfull and Thames mono (shoulder bags) and never seem to have a problem- but I am careful holding my strap if my hands are sweaty. I think wrapping the handles would be fine, except be careful with what u use as the materials colors may bleed through to the vachetta if ur hands sweat enough to to soak the wrap. Some people treat their straps with waterproofing stuff, that may be worth checking out on YouTube reviews. I have never done that so I can't recommend anything.
I didn't know Botox could be used to treat this in hands and feet- I always thought it was just for use on the underarms. Gotta see my doc about this!

I have the same affliction too! Although it's not excessive, but it's very inconvenient. The saddest part is, I've passed this trait to my elder Daughter, whose friends do not want to hold her hands while queuing(she's in primary school). Very sad...

I stay away from vachetta, or buy patina-ed pre loved LVs.

I have the same affliction too! Although it's not excessive, but it's very inconvenient. The saddest part is, I've passed this trait to my elder Daughter, whose friends do not want to hold her hands while queuing(she's in primary school). Very sad...

I stay away from vachetta, or buy patina-ed pre loved LVs.

I know this feeling. I believe I have passed it to my son. My daughter is fine but son has the clammy hands all the time it seems. I did date a guy that had it. He used to say "sweaty palmed people stick together" lol.

I have this too- certain things seem to trigger mine (stress, heat and thinking about it- just reading this brought it on) and then my feet and palms (rarely underarms) sweat excessively for long periods of time till it passes. No one in my family has it so I don't know where I got it, but my daughter has it too, from me. I don't have any vachetta hand carry bags but I own a neverfull and Thames mono (shoulder bags) and never seem to have a problem- but I am careful holding my strap if my hands are sweaty. I think wrapping the handles would be fine, except be careful with what u use as the materials colors may bleed through to the vachetta if ur hands sweat enough to to soak the wrap. Some people treat their straps with waterproofing stuff, that may be worth checking out on YouTube reviews. I have never done that so I can't recommend anything.
I didn't know Botox could be used to treat this in hands and feet- I always thought it was just for use on the underarms. Gotta see my doc about this!

Mine is triggered all the same ways. Heaven forbid I want to get a foot massage. Socks stay on. You know why. Lol. My iPad has all these little sweat prints. I have to clean and dry my electronics all the time and they needs sweat proof / waterproof cases. I have it so bad that I can literally drip puddles. It also happens when I wake up. Night time seems to be the only relief so long as I am asleep. Triggers are endless and def odd. Lol.

I also have hyperhydrosis and use doTERRA cedarwood essential oil in both my handmade deodorant and unscented hand lotion. It naturally helps to reduce perspiration production and I've found it to be very effective!

I have never heard of cedar wood. Interesting. Another thing to check out. Thanks!!!

I used to be very self conscious about it when I was younger. I never wanted to hold hands with boyfriends (until I met my husband, who insisted he hold my hand everywhere we went). Gross story- when I was pledging my sorority, we had the hold hands with the person next to us. Unfortunately, the person next to me had the same condition. The sweat actually dripped from our clasped hands (granted we were holding hands a long time during this part of the initiation, but yuck). Everyone saw. On the plus side, she and I are stil great friends after 19 years lol

I never understood how I could have sweaty palms AND dry skin on my hands. My doc said it was from over washing (guess that's a thing too lol) I also have dark skin, so lotion is a must. And I have to forget about wearing pretty slide sandals- they slide right off [emoji22]

I know the dripping pains. It sucks. It is embarrassing. People who don't know about it it tends to gross them out. Oh girl. Sandals !!! Yes. I hate slipping around. And I love the look of sandals. I always envied people who could wear them and tank tops and look so dry. I'd be slipping and sliding al over the place. I had to get adjustable sandals from Dansko and it helped a ton. Also in the summer when they get all sweaty then my feet swell. Lol.

I say go for it! Worst case, the vachetta gets ruined. So, then you replace it and sell the bag and then you will know it's not for you. You may be out a little extra money if you do have to replace the handles but to me it's worth it because if it does work out you will be super thrilled!

Good point. I could always change the vachetta and replace the handles. I have seen that done. It's not that much compared to a whole bag. Lol.

OP, have you had a chance to look at something like these? http://www.hippiegal.net/shop/gallery1.htm They zip on and off easily and can be washed.
Treating the vachetta with a leather guard and then wrapping the handle or strap, whether with these or a scarf, will make owning a mono or DA piece much more stress-free for you. As for the Delightful, the strap has a generous drop and the top of the bag often likes to fold down into a fortune cookie shape so you wouldn't have to worry about it being all up in your underarm area unlike a NF.
I'm confident that you'll be able to rock either of these purses without an issue so don't let your sweaty palms and pits get you down:flowers:

I recently read that Driclor and CertainDri are the best antiperspirants, even for people who have hyperhydrosis. It can even be used on your palms! I don't know if you've already tried it, but if not, it might be worth a go. :smile:

I use to have Hyperhidrosis really bad in high school and was always really self conscious about it I couldn't ever wear Sandals or flip flops bc my feet would slide right out of them and had super sweaty palms I tried many diff deodorants and started using the secret clinical strength and it went away not sure if the deodorant caused it to go away or it was other factors...?? But iv been using the deodorant for many years and haven't had a issue with the sweating since

Agreed!

This was the reason I knew I could never be a surgeon. Years back when I was a medical student, my hands were dripping/swimming - inside the "sterile" gloves!

Lol! Funny how much influence over our lives this condition has! I find myself planning lots in my daily life around this condition. The one positive if any is I don't suffer from dry skin on my hands and feet- which is good because most lotions trigger mine.

Reactions: Sartorialista
Agreed!

This was the reason I knew I could never be a surgeon. Years back when I was a medical student, my hands were dripping/swimming - inside the "sterile" gloves!

OMGoodness. Yes. Certain things. Like playing guitar is so damn hard. Any instrument aside from a keyboard is just awful. I rust out the strings. Lol. Writing and art is another difficult thing. I hated taking notes ins school or tests. I used to have a handkerchief under my hand to take tests. They allowed me or those scan tron dot testing forms would be soaked. Lol.