Summer bags -- winter bags

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
In the past few months, I have "adjusted" my collection and sold a few to acquire something. But as the spring is here, I am looking at my current bags and so many of them seem "wintery."

While I am waiting for some more bright colored bags to arrive (soon I hope), I feel as if some of my bags must be put away until next fall -- indigo, rouge H, gold, vert olive.... Now I am asking myself why I sold my toile and bright bags before my new ones came.

Do you have definite warm and cold weather bags?

thimp

Loving my babies!!
Jul 19, 2007
For me, not really. I live in warm climates, so we only have about 3 months of cold weather. However, I do tend to use my darker color bags more in the "winter" months, and my lighter color bags in the spring-summer months. I would think that gold is year round, since I use my natural barenia and brique year round.

Katel

O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
I love rouge h for summer, lulilu....to me, it really snaps when it's hot out.

What about gris tourterelle? Do you like that color?

Such a gorgeous cool light neutral - not white, not tan, not grey....fills such a nice spot. And can go 3 seasons easily, if not 4....

irishlass1029

*sigh*
O.G.
Aug 30, 2008
Probably part of my outlook on it is controlled by living where it's hot 10 months out of the year, but I don't see bags and accessories as "winter/summer" items. Clothing, yes, but every bag I own gets used during every season regardless of color.

Bags are seasonless IMO.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
Ironically, the myriad justifications started with "summer Birkin" and "winter Birkin."
It got a little out of hand after that.
My friend actually nicknamed me "SB-WB" but I didn't know it at the time.....
I live in a temperate climate. The only material I save for winter is troika, and I save crinolin for summer. Toile I use in the spring and early fall (in addition to summer). The rest I use all seasons, regardless of color.

May 17, 2006
in my main residence it is warm all over but i do have bags i only use when travelin or beeing in colder climates (some even stored overseas). but that has also a lot to do with level of comfort different levels of appropriateness etc. each location has a specific style etc if that makes sense

but yeah you are not weird is what i want to say

may3545

Happy living
O.G.
Mar 15, 2006
I recently sold a few of my handbags as well, and I realize I have a ton of DARK bags. Now that spring/summer is here, I don't have a light colored, fun bag! I'm on the hunt for something pretty in light colors :smile:

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
This is a really good question; I've wrestled with it as well. I do tend to use bright colors only in warm weather, but I love it when I see bright bags in the winter (or even someone rocking a--gasp!--WHITE bag in the winter) so I keep trying to psych myself up to try it.

India

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
My cocoan and black Kelly's get put away for the summer. I am almost always either in a swimming suit or a pair of white shorts and a t-shirt and sandals - my Kelly's would look ridiculous. SO...I bought a chartreuse Picotin when I was in Paris. I will use it year 'round but all summer, along with an "inspired by" orange one I bought at Talbots last summer. Summer for me is just SO casual...

perlerare

@ORANGEDAILY
O.G.
May 20, 2006
Ok....here is a color you can use ALL YEAR !!!
( I can't believe I am doing it again :roflmfao: )

attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 504