Summer bags -- winter bags

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
In the past few months, I have "adjusted" my collection and sold a few to acquire something. But as the spring is here, I am looking at my current bags and so many of them seem "wintery."

While I am waiting for some more bright colored bags to arrive (soon I hope), I feel as if some of my bags must be put away until next fall -- indigo, rouge H, gold, vert olive.... Now I am asking myself why I sold my toile and bright bags before my new ones came.

Do you have definite warm and cold weather bags?

For me, not really. I live in warm climates, so we only have about 3 months of cold weather. However, I do tend to use my darker color bags more in the "winter" months, and my lighter color bags in the spring-summer months. I would think that gold is year round, since I use my natural barenia and brique year round.

I love rouge h for summer, lulilu....to me, it really snaps when it's hot out.

What about gris tourterelle? Do you like that color?

Such a gorgeous cool light neutral - not white, not tan, not grey....fills such a nice spot. And can go 3 seasons easily, if not 4....

Probably part of my outlook on it is controlled by living where it's hot 10 months out of the year, but I don't see bags and accessories as "winter/summer" items. Clothing, yes, but every bag I own gets used during every season regardless of color.

Bags are seasonless IMO.

Ironically, the myriad justifications started with "summer Birkin" and "winter Birkin."
It got a little out of hand after that.
My friend actually nicknamed me "SB-WB" but I didn't know it at the time.....
I live in a temperate climate. The only material I save for winter is troika, and I save crinolin for summer. Toile I use in the spring and early fall (in addition to summer). The rest I use all seasons, regardless of color.

in my main residence it is warm all over but i do have bags i only use when travelin or beeing in colder climates (some even stored overseas). but that has also a lot to do with level of comfort different levels of appropriateness etc. each location has a specific style etc if that makes sense

but yeah you are not weird is what i want to say

I recently sold a few of my handbags as well, and I realize I have a ton of DARK bags. Now that spring/summer is here, I don't have a light colored, fun bag! I'm on the hunt for something pretty in light colors :smile:

My bags are pretty neutral (black and ebene) and I use them for any season. I would love to get an Evelyne in a fun color like orange or red or something bright for summer... :thinking:

This is a really good question; I've wrestled with it as well. I do tend to use bright colors only in warm weather, but I love it when I see bright bags in the winter (or even someone rocking a--gasp!--WHITE bag in the winter) so I keep trying to psych myself up to try it.

My cocoan and black Kelly's get put away for the summer. I am almost always either in a swimming suit or a pair of white shorts and a t-shirt and sandals - my Kelly's would look ridiculous. SO...I bought a chartreuse Picotin when I was in Paris. I will use it year 'round but all summer, along with an "inspired by" orange one I bought at Talbots last summer. Summer for me is just SO casual...

Ok....here is a color you can use ALL YEAR !!!
( I can't believe I am doing it again :roflmfao: )

attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 504