Summer bags -- winter bags

Most of my H bags are actually bright but that doesn't stop me from using them in winter ... though rarely. I guess the true spring/summer bag that I have is my natural barenia/toile Birkin. It's really perfect for this time of year (I just have to watch out for rainy days)!

ohhh lord!!!this picture is breath taking!!! which is why it's in my wishlist~~~is this one a RG or vif??

to OP, i only have one etoupe kelly and one gold birkin at the moment and both are neutral enough to be year round....to me, there aren't really summer or winter bags...except maybe i wont do a bright yellow birkin in the winter lol~~~

Ok....here is a color you can use ALL YEAR !!!
( I can't believe I am doing it again :roflmfao: )

attachment.php

I would bet our choices are based on the temperature/climate in which we reside. Here in the Northeast, winter, sad to say, is the longest season. I love a pop of color in the winter for accessories given I'm dressed like I'm in mourning until the temps begin to climb.

Am surprised OP sent the gold purse packing. It would think it is one color that would transition very well from one season to the next with ease. However, an important factor is what works with what hangs in your wardrobe.

I do have winter vs summer bags. In the summer, it's potiron, cyclamen, soleil and rosy. Winter bags that rarely come out in the summer are raisin, vert olive, black, and rouge H. The only true year round bags that I use are etoupe, bj, bleu roi and bleu sapphir. For some reason, the blues that I have are so easy to span 4 seasons. It's truly more dictated by the clothing I wear, which tends to be brighter and lighter in the summer months. I feel raisin and vert olive are just too heavy looking in the summer. Black comes out every now and then, but honestly, very rarely in the summer.

Ok....here is a color you can use ALL YEAR !!!
( I can't believe I am doing it again :roflmfao: )

attachment.php

You know that I'm going to second this motion!

I love toile/leather bags and I do save them for spring and summer and fall for as long as it stays hot here. I tend to not use dark colored leather bags during the hot months. The horsehair and crinoline bags can be used all year round here.

I've struggled with this myself lately, and I feel I have "holes" in my bag wardrobe. I also think that black and maybe vert olive (my colors) are a little too heavy for the summer, so that leaves me with etoupe and orange for H bags in the summer. I have other brands in other colors, but would like to round out my H collection with a couple lighter/brighter colors. I don't want to have an endless number of bags because then I end up forgetting what I have or not using some of them. I want to make a few more really good choices that really fill in the gaps. (Notice I said "a couple" and then "a few"?!) I really am incorrigible!

Depending where you are, I find black H works in NY during summer but not in Paris.
Funny enough that bottega woven in black works even on the beaches

perhaps it's just me:confused1::confused1::confused1:

I definitely fall prey to the summer vs winter bag theory. I can't imagine wearing a black or very black-brown bag like Ebene. I will switch up to the other browns, tans, and naturals though... and white. I'm such an earthtone gal, brown sandals, neutral heels, that sort of thing. So a brown bag always matches!

And every year I have a white bag... last year it was a divine little Chanel caviar flap (my only real H deviation!) but it was defective and when they replaced it, all they had was another colour... sooooo.... no more white bag. I wanted another one, but Chanel bags keep creeping up in price, so I may not have a cheatin heart anymore, and just finally make the leap to a white H bag!

But it's hard... took me forever to convince myself the Chanel one was ok! :Push: