Summer 2010 H sale in Paris

So I called Hermes FSH yesterday and I have to stay that the lady who picked up the phone was the least bit helpful. I said "Bonjour" and asked her if she spoke English - she said yes. When I said "I'm calling to find out when Hermes will be holding its summer sale this year?".. there was a long pause and then she said "yes" (perhaps her command of English wasn't that good after all?). It sounded to me like she didn't know about the timing of the summer sale so then I asked "When should I call back to find out the exact dates of the summer sale?" She responded "end of June"!?

I remember reading that FSH knows by the end of April the dates of the summer sale. Anyways, the conversation was short and awkward. It would be great if a French speaking tpfer calls FSH (their phone number is +33-1-4017 4717) - perhaps it will be a more productive experience.

So I called Hermes FSH yesterday and I have to stay that the lady who picked up the phone was the least bit helpful. I said "Bonjour" and asked her if she spoke English - she said yes. When I said "I'm calling to find out when Hermes will be holding its summer sale this year?".. there was a long pause and then she said "yes" (perhaps her command of English wasn't that good after all?). It sounded to me like she didn't know about the timing of the summer sale so then I asked "When should I call back to find out the exact dates of the summer sale?" She responded "end of June"!?

I remember reading that FSH knows by the end of April the dates of the summer sale. Anyways, the conversation was short and awkward. It would be great if a French speaking tpfer calls FSH (their phone number is +33-1-4017 4717) - perhaps it will be a more productive experience.

WOOHOO!! I got through to the department that handles the sale and they confirmed June 30-July3rd.
Let the airline ticket buying begin.
The government had announced the nationwide sale dates for beginning June 30th which is LATE!!! But now Hermès confirmed it will hold its sale at the beginning.

Thanks Shopfranceinc for the important info that most of us have been waiting for.

Does it mean Hermes will still hold its sale on the 30th June in case the government decide to hold the Paris Sale one week earlier say 23rd June?

I have two separate bookings at the moment either 23rd June or 30th June. My priority is the Hermes Sale.

Thanks Shopfranceinc for the important info that most of us have been waiting for.

Does it mean Hermes will still hold its sale on the 30th June in case the government decide to hold the Paris Sale one week earlier say 23rd June?

I have two separate bookings at the moment either 23rd June or 30th June. My priority is the Hermes Sale.

The government sale was announced about 2 weeks ago. June 30 for 5 weeks...so June 30th was the earliest Hermès could have held its sale.
Hermes sale is June 30th regardless. I think you're safe for your June 30th!! Bon voyage et bonne visite!!!

Hi Ladies, is the sale held at the store, or is there a separate location like NYC? Do you know? It would be so fun to go to Paris for the sale! Thanks.

Hi, the sale will once again be at the Palais du Congrès (I asked that too, just to be SURE!) Metro: Porte Maillot. (or cab it!) Just look for the steps or elevators up! There will be signs.

They don't know the exact dates yet. I spoke to my Paris SA and she could only confirm that it's after June 15. Not much help though ...

I wish they'd release the date! I have something happening on the week of the 21st (I don't know the date of that yet either), but mum and I are hoping to make our usual appearance and look forward to seeing all your regulars and anyone else hoping to make it! :smile:

My priority is the Hermes sale..my kinnda gal.. go enjoy!!!

and look forward to seeing :yahoo:your treasures...

My friend went to this year winter sale in paris. and it took very long to get in there, scarfs 90cm price reduced by 50% of france SRP. and if you are lukcy maybe you can get the belt as well. but be sure get there early, it could takes at least 3 hours to get in.many people keep the que from 6 am.

No dates have been released as of yet. I asked my super friendly SA at georges V (who does not play games like some of the other SAs in paris (esp FSH)) and he said that it has not been determined yet.

I have just spoken with two different people in the Paris store. Both say that the date of the sales will not be released firmly until early next month--May.

Here are my thoughts. Given the fact that the formal sale period will begin June 30, if I had to make my best guess it would be that the Hermes sales will start on that same date--Wednesday, June 30. I cannot remember the sales ever beginning in July.

There are years when the Hermes sale begins on the same day as the citywide sales. Other years, the Hermes sales begin later during the formal sale period.

Given the information from various sources here so far, I would guess that June 30 would be the most likely date. But would I buy an airplane ticket based on that guess? Personally, not yet. I would prefer to have firm confirmation from Hermes directly. Please note that the "article" giving the dates is actually someone's blog site. I am not saying they are wrong...just that I would still be a little cautious.

I promise to continue to call FSH. I will report here right away as soon as someone from the store tells me directly that the date is confirmed.

Last edited: