Stuart Weitzman 50/50 thread

Hi all,

Are there any tips on how to pack the 5050s for a holiday? Is the leather so stiff that it is unbendable or would you not recommend bending it anyway due to creases?

I live in a tropical climate. While I really would like to get them as i travel a fair bit, packing is a concern for me as I don't want them taking up half my luggage space.

Thanks!

Ladies, how do you take care of your 50/50s? I have them in napa leather, but the front of one boot is scuffed/ashy - not crazy noticeable, but I certainly notice it! I've tried Apple leather care, but the scuffs become noticeable again after a while. Would appreciate any advice!

The 50/50 have to be the most versatile and comfortable boots ever! I love wearing them with skinny jeans or leggings for everyday wear, but they're so cute with a skirt and tights as well.

For all the Canadians here, I recently became a virtual ambassador for Stuart Weitzman after being in love with their shoes for so long and would love to help you girls get a pair! I can get you free expedited shipping and hopefully answer all your questions! http://my.stuartweitzman.ca/ashleykan

You can definitely fold them up for trips! I would probably recommend stuffing them or using a shoe tree/shaping insert of some sort for the lower portion if you plan to store them for a long time. But the upper should be fine folded if you don't squish them!

I travel with mine all the time, fold them up in the bottom of the bag. They actually take up less room than some short boots.
The leather will stretch and slouch on its own but I don't think folding has anything to do with it.
Bonus for travel is that they usually go through the metal detector just fine if you want to wear them on the plane :smile:

Ladies, how do you take care of your 50/50s? I have them in napa leather, but the front of one boot is scuffed/ashy - not crazy noticeable, but I certainly notice it! I've tried Apple leather care, but the scuffs become noticeable again after a while. Would appreciate any advice!

Same thing happened to me. I just took mine to the cobbler and he fixed the scuff and polished it up for me. It looks like brand new now!

Is $460 for black nappa a pretty good price? I also purchased some suede aquatalia and DH is wanting me to return these...

It's not crazy cheap but also not a bad price either. Are the Aquatalia too similar? If so, which pair do you want more? I was eyeing a pair of suede OTK Aquatalia (Gilead) on the rack site but kept it in my cart for the longest time cuz I was struggling with justifying the purchase. Luckily someone was able to get the last pair in my size while I was at the movies (my reservation expired).

Same thing happened to me. I just took mine to the cobbler and he fixed the scuff and polished it up for me. It looks like brand new now!

It's not crazy cheap but also not a bad price either. Are the Aquatalia too similar? If so, which pair do you want more? I was eyeing a pair of suede OTK Aquatalia (Gilead) on the rack site but kept it in my cart for the longest time cuz I was struggling with justifying the purchase. Luckily someone was able to get the last pair in my size while I was at the movies (my reservation expired).

The suede ones I mentioned were actually the Gilead too, and they are great. I dont know if I am just being hoardy wanting the 5050s too, and ONLY because they were 30% off. Im not in love with the stretchy band in the back of the leg but they are otherwise gourgeous boots and a great fit.

All I hear is they never go on sale so I figured since my only other tall flat leather boots currently are some old cheap Nine West boots, but I dont want to be wasteful with $$ either.