Stuart Weitzman 50/50 thread

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about these boots. First of all I'm about 5'1 and my calves aren't slim (eg. Olivia Palermo) but they're not super wide either (I measured and the widest part is around 31cm diameter). I was wondering how both the leather and suede hold up over time such as whether they sag? I also live in the UK where it snows in winter and I'm worried about ruining the suede. Do you wear your boots (leather/suede) in the rain/snow? And if you have both types, which type do you find your legs look slimmer in? Thank you so much and sorry for all the questions!

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about these boots. First of all I'm about 5'1 and my calves aren't slim (eg. Olivia Palermo) but they're not super wide either (I measured and the widest part is around 31cm diameter). I was wondering how both the leather and suede hold up over time such as whether they sag? I also live in the UK where it snows in winter and I'm worried about ruining the suede. Do you wear your boots (leather/suede) in the rain/snow? And if you have both types, which type do you find your legs look slimmer in? Thank you so much and sorry for all the questions!

Hi I live in the UK too. I have the leather 50s and have had them over 3 years now. The leather does stretch and slightly sag but I just pull them up and they never go below my knee and still look really new I think.
I did try on the suede and actually bought them first but took them back and swapped for the leather because I had a baby at the time and didnt want fingermarks all over my boots :smile:

I now want the Lowlands in suede and think that my legs look slimmest with suede but the leather boots are lovely and I still wear them often.

I wouldnt wear suede boots in the snow but would wear in light rain. If you buy your suede boots from Russell and Bromley, they sell protective spray and have told me that you should spray your boots with it after every time you wear them - it repels the water so it beads off. If I go ahead and buy the black suede lowlands, I will definitely be buying the spray too!

Hope this info helps? Whichever you decide, you cant go wrong!

Hi I live in the UK too. I have the leather 50s and have had them over 3 years now. The leather does stretch and slightly sag but I just pull them up and they never go below my knee and still look really new I think.
I did try on the suede and actually bought them first but took them back and swapped for the leather because I had a baby at the time and didnt want fingermarks all over my boots :smile:

I now want the Lowlands in suede and think that my legs look slimmest with suede but the leather boots are lovely and I still wear them often.

I wouldnt wear suede boots in the snow but would wear in light rain. If you buy your suede boots from Russell and Bromley, they sell protective spray and have told me that you should spray your boots with it after every time you wear them - it repels the water so it beads off. If I go ahead and buy the black suede lowlands, I will definitely be buying the spray too!

Hope this info helps? Whichever you decide, you cant go wrong!

That has really helped! I think in my heart I want the suede but since I would be wearing these in snow, I don't think they're as practical for me.

I really like the lowlands too in suede! So I think I'll probably get the 50s in leather and if I ever get some lowlands, will purchase in suede. Thank you for your advice about buying from Russell and Bromley as well. You've been really helpful!

I have three pair of SW OTK boots......black leather 5050s, chocolate suede Reserves and dark brown leather Highlines. I took an 8.5m consistently in all of them. I am normally a 9 U.S. so I did size down a 1/2 size.

The 5050s(flats) were purchased @ 5 years ago. They are still going strong and look nice. I do send them for a 'spa visit' to my cobbler at the end of the winter every year. The leather does stretch and they do have a slight sag but I reach for them throughout the winter. The toe area is rounded and roomy so very comfy with socks. I can wear them all day, much more comfy and stylish than sneakers!

The Reserves(flats) are also very comfy but the fit is a bit tighter, sleeker......than the 5050s......with an almond shaped toe. I normally just wear tights with these. I purchased them @3 years ago and they are comfy and molded to my foot now. The first year they were a bit of a pain to pull on/off since they are more fitted than the 5050s.

The Highlines are new this year. They were comfy right out of the box and fit like a glove......somewhere in between the Reserves and 5050s. I wore them today for the 4th time this year and already they feel completely broken in.

My experience with them has been that they slide on easier in the beginning with slick tights. I usually fold the shaft in half, then in half again, and put them on sock like. Personally, I find sitting in a chair and bending over is the easiest way to get them on:smile:. To remove them, I normally ask DH to pull them off:P

I find them very comfy and cozy for the cooler weather. Yet they are still fashionable and unexpected to be such a simple boot! I'm hoping for a pair of dark gray suede for Christmas:graucho:

Here is a photo of Julia from Galmeetsglam in her Lowlands.......
http://galmeetsglam.com/2015/11/alpaca-cape/

She has quite a few SW OTK boots if you want to look through her search feature:flowers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 2,486
Close up of Julia's Lowlands........(it looks to me like they need to be pulled up as they are slouching at the ankle and knee.....this is my only concern with the Lowlands)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,481
Anyone ever wonder about the secret about SW boots? Even wearing a pair for years they always seem to hold up and look great. I have a pair of black napa 50/50's, about three years old, and they look new after lots of wear. They are great boots!

Hi everyone.
Has anyone had difficulty with the boots rubbing at the heel? They feel great on my feet but the seam at the heel has been rubbing my foot all wrong! I walked around manhattan all week and got really bad blisters. I am hoping that with a few more wears they will fit like a glove, just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

I have three pairs, one pair of 5050 in black suede and two Lowlands in suede. I love them. I wear the 5050 daily as I find them more comfortable. The Lowlands slide a bit, but it is an easy fix to just fasten the ties at the back.

I love that brown color for the Lowlands!

Hi everyone.

Has anyone had difficulty with the boots rubbing at the heel? They feel great on my feet but the seam at the heel has been rubbing my foot all wrong! I walked around manhattan all week and got really bad blisters. I am hoping that with a few more wears they will fit like a glove, just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

I had to wear bandaids to prevent blisters probably the first 5 or more times. They were really rough on my heels at first then felt great after being broken in.

im so upset I left my napa 5050's in a car rental in Boston and everytime I call they keep saying car is rented out call back. im sure they are gone by now :sad:..only had them for 1 year best most comfortable boots ever. I hate spending money again for something I already had. ugh!

im so upset I left my napa 5050's in a car rental in Boston and everytime I call they keep saying car is rented out call back. im sure they are gone by now :sad:..only had them for 1 year best most comfortable boots ever. I hate spending money again for something I already had. ugh!

Oh no! Good luck getting them back