Strictly Balenciaga

I would, except there are a few non-balenciaga bags that I love too much to sell. A Hogan Pan Am, an Anna Corinna Lady duffle, a Marc Jacobs Zoe, and a large Chloe duffle that I love to take to the gym and travel with. Most of these bags were purchased before my Balenciaga addiction and I've simpy grown too attached to them to get rid of them.

I've been carrying almost strictly Balenciaga for 5 years now. I have a few MJ bags(the first Stellas) and a few BVs, and a few Jas M.B.s that I didn't let go of because I love them. But honestly, I NEVER carry them! Once in a blue moon, I feel guilty for not carrying them and I take them out, but for some reason, I don't feel......complete.

For work, I normally carry Work...or sometimes City. Lately, my Grenat Work has been the one to see the sun the most! I don't usually wear dresses, just suits.

For going out, I use my vintage clutches I collected over the years, or my 04 Pewter Mini Twiggy, or 06 Black Oval.

I've mainly carried Balenciaga for the last 2.5 years but I don't mind some variety either. I just tend to buy more bbags than any other bag and will probably continue to do so! :heart:

I am relatively new to Bbags, but I plan on culling my collection to be exclusive to Balenciaga. I am a changed woman....:nuts: Bal makes me happy :yes:, I love the leather and the colors, not to mention the style of the moto bags. I am keeping about two older LV bags for icky weather and travel, My Lulu Guiness Pug purses :heart:, my Mom's vintage Gucci and LV, but I am selling off the rest of it, like Chloe, etc.

I have a fun collection of vintage bags/clutches which I can use for very formal events when needed. I have to dress up for concerts usually 4 - 8 times per week, but in all black, no bags on stage. So for my needs, a Bbag is perfect, any color will do! That is great b/c I can wear the same bbags for rehearsals when I am in jeans!
So, for me, Balenciaga rules!

sometimes i get laughed at for having the same bag in different colors .. but in my heart I know WHY .. the leather and colors are just too good to be true .. I do carry other bags (LV) .. but bal is my number one choice always :smile:
when dressing up I think I would carry a shoulder :smile:

I've been carrying Balenciaga exclusively since December 2006 (although in the month of September 2006 I carried Balenciaga exclusively also).

My main problem is the itch to buy a new color since I try and rotate each day (or at least every other) and just long for a new color to carry.

I've left behind my YSL, Chloe, Gucci, Prada, D&G but I didn't sell any of them (not really planning to either - I just might find use for them someday). Although, as much as I love Balenciaga, I'm really craving a Goyard (just 1 but I just can't justify cheating on Balenciaga - sounds crazy I know but it's hard!)

OMG!!! lordguinny, you are so BRAVE!!!

i mean, as much as i love my bbags, i just can't get myself to let go all my other bags...some, maybe....but not ALL!!!

i used to carry pretty much every brand, LV, Gucci, Prada, etc. then I narrowed myself down to just LV...

so for a big while (2 years or so) I strictly carried LVs but bbags just got to me and now it's officially LVs and bbags :smile:

For the strictly bbag carriers, which bbags do you wear for formal wear (i.e. with suits, etc).

i actually just bought an 04 black city and an 06 cognac city to wear to work. I didnt feel like the magentas and turquoises look "professional." does anyone else wear bright colors w/suits everyday??? i would love to but i just didnt know...

on a side note, the other day, i wore my black and white striped damask city to the office....what was so funny is that i am working in a criminal prosecution office (i am a law clerk currently in law school)...it looked like jail stripes! i didnt even think about it until i got to work and walked into the court room and realized that some people probably think i am taking the job too literally! :smile: oh well! :nuts: i wont do that again! hehe

not exclusively, no, but mostly. i've been carrying my bv veneta a fair bit lately, it has super yummy leather as well :nuts: i've sold a fair bit of my lv and both my paddies, but i'm keeping most of my other bags.

i actually just bought an 04 black city and an 06 cognac city to wear to work. I didnt feel like the magentas and turquoises look "professional." does anyone else wear bright colors w/suits everyday??? i would love to but i just didnt know...

I do! I carry my turquoise City to work with my suits! But I am a criminal defense attorney, so I have a little leeway. Since my bread & butter is litigation, I can get by with being a bit more flamboyant than most. Plus, my look revolves around fitted suits with killer shoes and a great bag. I would absolutely vomit if I had to dress exclusively corporate day in/day out. I hate to blend and fortunately it is best for my business if I stand out.

ps. Too funny on the damask story. I practice in an area that still does the black & white striped prisoner jumpers (as opposed to bright orange) and a damask Bbag would be eerily matchy to them!:smile:

I admit, I have other brands of bags... but very few of them have seen the light of day since my Balenciaga obsession came on the scene!!

For wearing dressier clothing, right now I just go to grad classes so it doesn't really *matter* whether my bag matches 100% (yes, I know that is horrible...), but I've found Marine can even squeeze by with outfits that have a little black on them... or Sandstone looks good with black. I'm thinking of getting a black PT or City when the day comes that I'll have to be wearing suits alot more...

Otherwise, I'm a fairly casual person - so the colors I have work perfectly!! (And I've gotten spoiled by the front zip pocket & shoulder straps too!!) :yes:

I'm a recent newbie to B Bags but ever since I discovered them, I have rarely carried anything else. I do carry my Herve Chaplier to the gym but other than that, it's been B bags every chance I get.

I have to say, I have been feeling guilty about my other bags going unused. When I first joined this forum, I did go a bit crazy and purchased a bunch of bags. Some I managed to return (a black Marc by MJ bag, for example) but others I still have sitting in my closet, brand new (like an Kooba smooth Sienna bag, among others).