Storing your Hermes bags...

I am sure there is a thread but I could find it… how do your organize your H bags? By style? By color? Other? I am looking for some new ideas. I have outgrown my cubbies and will have to double up so looking for ideas. Thanks. If there is another more appropriate thread please move this.

Reactions: Etriers
I just got my first Constance24. What is the best way to store it so the straps don't get misshapen? I have enough room in my closet to store it in the box or I can stand it upright. I am not sure what's best for the straps.

Do you keep inserts in your bags when not in use?

I use pouches rather inserts, I find them more versatile.

If I use a specific pouch (like my Loewe for my Evie PM) then yes, I'll leave inside as then I won't need to stuff it for storing.

Sometimes I'll use a smaller version of the same bag inside a much large bag (Bolide inside a Travel Bolide) or use a cushion like inside my DS.

I hope you are not implying that I and the rest of us are not taking proper care of our handbags. I have a collection that spans decades and various designers. There is not one bag that is stored in any of my closets or cabinets that is misshapen or dried out. Each bag is stored in a sleeper bag, including my old, vintage Coach and Dooney and Bourke bags. The ones from the 70s. And, when the occasion calls for it, I still use some of those old babies.
So, my storage system works for me and my closets do just fine. If I can store my clothes in my closets, silks, knits, cashmere, etc, my leather goods do just fine, thank you.
Just now seeing this reply to my comment from 11 years ago! No, I was not implying anything! I was just saying how I stored mine! We all do what works for us! :smile:

I like to organize by style, then size and color

For long term storage I keep them on a glass shelve that is airtight with control temp and humidity, I can get an alert on my phone if the temp/humidity gets outside the range, it gets way too humid here on the summer and way to dry on winter xD also the ones at my office are just on display on a normal glass shelve

Hihi! We are making a big permanent move to somewhere warm and humid. Any storage suggestions for my H collection (leathers and exotics), as well as all the H cashmere lol. I know the answer is to simplify, but I do want to keep special pieces. My husband doesn’t want to get a giant dry storage cabinet, so will have to make do with other means. Dehumidifier? Dessicant bags? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hihi! We are making a big permanent move to somewhere warm and humid. Any storage suggestions for my H collection (leathers and exotics), as well as all the H cashmere lol. I know the answer is to simplify, but I do want to keep special pieces. My husband doesn’t want to get a giant dry storage cabinet, so will have to make do with other means. Dehumidifier? Dessicant bags? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I lived in a hot and humid climate for a year and my H exotics and cashmere shawls were fine living in my air conditioned closet. Your air conditioner is basically your dehumidifier.