Store purchase question

Well….I was right! I just got home and unwrapped my Love bracelet and there’s a bunch of micro scratches on one side near the screw showing it was put on and taken off multiple times. Thankfully I had the guys business card. I called him and oh he was extremely nice and knew exactly who I was. He is going to exchange it but since I’m home, I have to mail it back and he is going to send me a new one.

It’s hard to get photos but my husband took one to show the larger scratches but there’s more micro scratches on it too.

Now I play the waiting game. He was nice and felt bad about it. He said he will overnight the new one and have his manager inspect it too before shipping it out.
Oh shoot, your gut feel was spot on, a bit irritating that you had to deal with the return and the waiting. The SA knew who you were bec he prob knew he sold you one that’s been tried on (kidding/not kidding :P) you would think that they’d inspect the item before packing it up for you.Sounds like this is going to have a happy ending for you:heart:

Reactions: pinkgirl713
Ive gone through a lot of different cartier stores and the plastic baggies is pretty normal. What they have in stock in terms of travel pouches is really a hit or miss but my SA calls me when she gets it in stock if I asked for it before. I always get a cleaning case and champagne in the bag as I leave but I can’t say that’s the norm. I’m sorry you had a poor experience but I’d say perhaps go back and ask to be contacted when they get it in.

Ive gone through a lot of different cartier stores and the plastic baggies is pretty normal. What they have in stock in terms of travel pouches is really a hit or miss but my SA calls me when she gets it in stock if I asked for it before. I always get a cleaning case and champagne in the bag as I leave but I can’t say that’s the norm. I’m sorry you had a poor experience but I’d say perhaps go back and ask to be contacted when they get it in.

I don’t live locally to the store but the SA has been much better with communication yesterday while trying to get the return label to me and very apologetic that it was taking time. Due to flooding in Florida right now, things are a mess which I understand. His manager got the label to me at around 6pm and I had my husband drop it at FedEx. It’s supposed to be overnighted but with the flooding, I imagine it’ll take some time. I’m hoping he can get me the pouches when they get them back in stock for the inconvenience.

I’m patiently (impatiently) waiting for my Love bracelet lol. I’m hoping I can get it by next Friday to wear to a Gala event so we shall see.

I don’t live locally to the store but the SA has been much better with communication yesterday while trying to get the return label to me and very apologetic that it was taking time. Due to flooding in Florida right now, things are a mess which I understand. His manager got the label to me at around 6pm and I had my husband drop it at FedEx. It’s supposed to be overnighted but with the flooding, I imagine it’ll take some time. I’m hoping he can get me the pouches when they get them back in stock for the inconvenience.

I’m patiently (impatiently) waiting for my Love bracelet lol. I’m hoping I can get it by next Friday to wear to a Gala event so we shall see.
I’m sorry that you had such a bad experience but hopefully it works out and your new bracelet is perfect!
When I purchased mine, the SA looked at a couple different bracelets with a loupe and had me check it as well to make sure it looked good.
My husband got a watch the same day and we both got the travel pouches with pillow without having to ask but I think the service varies a lot not just by location but by SA as well.

I’m sorry that you had such a bad experience but hopefully it works out and your new bracelet is perfect!
When I purchased mine, the SA looked at a couple different bracelets with a loupe and had me check it as well to make sure it looked good.
My husband got a watch the same day and we both got the travel pouches with pillow without having to ask but I think the service varies a lot not just by location but by SA as well.
I’m hoping when he mails me a new one, it’s perfect since I can’t inspect it. We shall see. I read someone else post a horrible experience at the same location yesterday on FB. I’m hoping my new bracelet will be perfect. It’s not like I will have time once it comes to just return it and order direct from Cartier online because of the price increase. He’s supposed to receive my bracelet Monday and he said he would overnight it. So I’m guessing I’ll get my new bracelet Wednesday hopefully. I’d love it by Friday since I have an event Friday evening I’d love to wear it for.

I’m so glad you had a great experience. Gives me hope to have a good experience in a Store in the future.

Reactions: slam_slam
I’m hoping when he mails me a new one, it’s perfect since I can’t inspect it. We shall see. I read someone else post a horrible experience at the same location yesterday on FB. I’m hoping my new bracelet will be perfect. It’s not like I will have time once it comes to just return it and order direct from Cartier online because of the price increase. He’s supposed to receive my bracelet Monday and he said he would overnight it. So I’m guessing I’ll get my new bracelet Wednesday hopefully. I’d love it by Friday since I have an event Friday evening I’d love to wear it for.

I’m so glad you had a great experience. Gives me hope to have a good experience in a Store in the future.
Fingers crossed for a quick delivery for you and I hope they also send the correct pouch!

We actually didn’t vibe with the first SA we were paired with. Nothing particularly wrong with her other than complaining to us a few times that it had been such a long day for her but it just wasn’t the fun experience we were looking for when buying our first pieces. We went back a few days later and had a new SA who was so much better for us! She was pleasant, patiently answered questions and seemed to genuinely care about giving us a good experience.

There’s definitely hope for a better experience next time!! :smile:

Fingers crossed for a quick delivery for you and I hope they also send the correct pouch!

We actually didn’t vibe with the first SA we were paired with. Nothing particularly wrong with her other than complaining to us a few times that it had been such a long day for her but it just wasn’t the fun experience we were looking for when buying our first pieces. We went back a few days later and had a new SA who was so much better for us! She was pleasant, patiently answered questions and seemed to genuinely care about giving us a good experience.

There’s definitely hope for a better experience next time!! :smile:
That’s actually a great idea. To leave and go back days later. Sorry your first experience wasn’t great either. Isn’t that sad? I was super spoiled my first time in store at Fashionshow mall in Scottsdale Cartier. I think that’s the name of it. I wish I could have used her for my purchase but I didn’t know sizing. Next time I’ll definitely try to call her even though it’s been a few years.

I will wait until Monday when he gets my bracelet and ask for the correct pouches. It’s worth a try. I should find a pic to send him exactly what I’m looking for also. I would like the one with the pillow that goes inside of it.

Reactions: slam_slam
That’s actually a great idea. To leave and go back days later. Sorry your first experience wasn’t great either. Isn’t that sad? I was super spoiled my first time in store at Fashionshow mall in Scottsdale Cartier. I think that’s the name of it. I wish I could have used her for my purchase but I didn’t know sizing. Next time I’ll definitely try to call her even though it’s been a few years.

I will wait until Monday when he gets my bracelet and ask for the correct pouches. It’s worth a try. I should find a pic to send him exactly what I’m looking for also. I would like the one with the pillow that goes inside of it.
Fingers crossed!
Let me know if you can’t find a pic of the pouch and I can take one of mine and send it over :smile:

I wanted to pop onto the thread to mention that I had a better experience at the deisign district Cartier when i was living in Miami. The Aventura location was fine, but even though I had made an appointment I ended up waiting a long time, the SA didn't seem really engaged with me, etc... very different experience when I shopped at the other location. It probably varies depending on who you work with that day. I also just like the design district more (roaming around outside and looking at the artwork as opposed to dragging myself through the mall) and getting to look at the high jewelry pieces on display at that Cartier location they are real works of art! But completely out of travel pouches there, too, which seems silly.

I contacted customer service today and just wanted to let them know how disappointed I was in the whole store experience and the waiting game for a new bracelet now. The lady was so sweet and amazing. She offered to mail me the travel pouches and added extra things in for my less than stellar experience overall. I didn’t demand or ask, just let her know how disappointed I was and still am for feeling rushed and promised that the bracelet was new when very clearly it was not and was all scratched up.

The store SA wasn’t there today when the bracelet got delivered so I’m hoping he overnights it tomorrow when he does the exchange. I really really hope it comes perfect like he promised. I still kick myself for not going back but didn’t want to look like a crazy person demanding they open it while it was wrapped to inspect it but you live and you learn.

I waited to purchase my bracelets in store and shopped at the AVentura Mall Cartier. I had a really crappy experience and I’m so mad about it. It ruined the experience completely for me. I asked for the travel pouch with pillow and he never even told me he didn’t have them and gave me some huge funky travel case. So I went back and another guy says they will ship it to me supposedly when they get them but I don’t believe it. Would the customer service help if I called and asked for them? I purchased 2 bracelets in store and I’m irritated.

My other big question is this.

Is it normal that they pull out bracelets from a drawer that seemed like they were display purpose bracelets? How do I know it’s new? I think he lied to me and I’m so upset about the whole thing. He just magically pulled out 2 bracelets and I’m wondering if those are used for sizing purposes only and are put back if someone doesn’t buy. For spending over $12K in a store, I’d expect to be sure it’s brand new and never put on anyone else. I had them wrap my items and haven’t worn them out of the store. Do I open it here and inspect them before leaving for home tomorrow?

I purchased a Love ring in AZ 2 years ago and had the best experience ever and the lady was amazing. I hoped to ask questions and just couldn’t. The guy couldn’t wait to get rid of me.
Curious, you said you waited to make your purchase in store…but a prior post suggests you returned an online order? Maybe the SA wasn’t as helpful bc he wasn’t going to make a commission? Just a thought. Maybe he squeezed you in between customers? Just saying not to let it bother you. He may have been having a bad day or personal things going on and was distracted…

• Insightful
Reactions: TC1
Curious, you said you waited to make your purchase in store…but a prior post suggests you returned an online order? Maybe the SA wasn’t as helpful bc he wasn’t going to make a commission? Just a thought. Maybe he squeezed you in between customers? Just saying not to let it bother you. He may have been having a bad day or personal things going on and was distracted…
I ordered a size 16 online at first. Then it came in and didn’t fit over my wrist bone so I sent it back. I had not realized there was a Cartier store close to where we would be in Florida so I decided to just do the return online and then waited for our trip to go to the store to get the store experience and try on other pieces also. I picked up the size 17 in store which ended up being all scratched up when I opened it after flying back home.

I am so over this and beyond frustrated with this SA. I messaged him Monday about the exchange and he was off. So yesterday I don’t hear anything all day and at 5:00, I sent a message reminding him to overnight the love bracelet since I need it for an event Friday. He responds that he hasn’t seen the package and will go inquire about it. I’m sorry but shouldn’t he have done that first thing yesterday knowing I was waiting long enough as it is for his mistake? So here is where it gets real fun!

He messages me that I owe an extra $50 for tax. I tell my husband and he said to just pay it and get my bracelet asap. After I hit pay and submitted it, I pull out the receipt and realized my tax is lower than what I already paid in store. I paid $464 in store plus an extra $50 yesterday. Well my tax is $414 here. So I sent him a note saying he actually owed me money And my tax was 6% which is lower. He called me apologizing, refunded me the $50 from the initial sale and said my bracelet would go out the next day, meaning today and would send me tracking info. Then he said he will wait til “tomorrow” to figure out how to Cancel the new $50 overpayment he charged because they were closing. Sounded like he didn’t even want to deal with it. Now I’m waiting on that and a tracking number. My husband said I need to contact corporate about this whole fiasco of a sale.

I honestly want to just say forget it and just get a refund at this point and was so close to telling the SA that last night but was trying not to overreact.

I never want to deal with this SA again. I am beyond pissed and frustrated. This should have been a simple exchange for their mistake and it just keeps getting worse and more annoying.