Starting my American Girl doll collection..AM I TOO OLD??

No way! I have five American Girl dolls: Felicity, Addy, Samantha, Molly, and a "Just like you" doll. They're in my parent's basement right now but when I was really into it (at age 10) I had the furniture set up all over my room.

My grandma is an avid doll collector. She has many thousands of dollars worth of dolls and they are displayed all over her house. So no, you're never too old to play with dolls!

There are lots of adult collectors of American Girl dolls. No one is too old! I credit American Girl with making my daughter an avid reader. She has Felicity, Kaya, Josefina, Kit, Samantha, and Emily. She also has all but the Irish Girls of Many Lands dolls. American Girl made those for a few years. My daughters name is Emily and we entered a contest at Barnes and Noble last year for the Emily doll. The lady called and told my Emily that she won Emily. We all thought it was so neat that an Emily won Emily.

To an avid blythe addict, no you are not too old! I just tell people that I collect toys. My friends and family couldn't care less, and I actually got my best friend into. So, don't be afraid to profess your love of dolls!

I have Kirsten ... from a long time ago when they first came out. I discovered them because I went through a phase where my dad would take me one or two times a week to the public library, and I was a precocious (read: annoying) 10 year old constantly harassing the childrens' librarians for "historical fiction."

I loved Kirsten, and she's wrapped in plastic (*gasp*) in storage at my parents' house ... I have all her outfits, her accessories, and I think I cherish them more today than I did when I first got her (except for Xmas morning, that is!).

I say START COLLECTING!!! It's fun!

i just sold literally ALL of my american girl stuff on ebay in....september?
i had Josephina and My American Doll.
i had HUNDREDS of clothes [AG and handmade]
i had ALL of the animals from all of the girls, a storyboard, alot of stuff.
since i moved to baltimore i just don't have room for it.
[and my mother completely redid my room 3 days after i moved out.]
she told me to come get the rest of my crap. you could say i'm not too fond of the woman. :cursing:

not too old at all! i LOVED this series. i had molly, my sister had samantha and my other sister had kirsten. but we gave them away to our younger nieces and i still kind of miss them. i used to get the catalogue, the clothes, i read all the books...enjoy collecting!

You are not too old. My sister still gets the catalog and I was looking at it the other day. Samantha was my favorite, I used to dream about having her and all of her furniture and accessories!

I got my daughter Molly when she was little, and I enjoyed her more than she did! I still love to look at all the little accessories...and then pack them back in the box in storage. I think we often enjoy childlike things more as adults because we really appreciate them and how they make us feel!:heart:

I was way too excited to see this thread for a 20 something, but I say it's never too late to start collecting. I have Addy and Molly and I still wish I had more of their clothes and accessories, so go for it!

You're not too old. I had Samantha, Kirsten, and JHosephina when I was younger. I wanted to sell them all because my room is TINY, and I have very limited space, plus I needed extra money. My mom actually would not let me sell Josephina because she loves her so much! LOL, so, yea, you're not too old:smile: I also do still have a collection of holiday barbies because I love them, and my mom has a bunch of dolls. I know a ton of older people who collect dolls.

you're not too old! i'm almost 27 years old and i bought my 3.5 year old daughter a "just like me" american girl doll. she also has a bitty baby which she plays with all the time. the dolls are just gorgeous, although they are addicting. i have to restrain myself from buying more for madison (and me!) until she gets a little older so she can take care of them. overall, i think american girl dolls are made well and they have the cutest accessories and clothing! sometimes i think i get more excited when the american girl catalogue comes in!