Stalking the mail carrier/UPS?

FYI regarding ILD shipping!

I ordered my Carrington pouch from ILD Monday with premium, 3 day shipping so I would receive it by tomorrow. I'm having it delivered to my sister's apartment and I'm here Thursday afternoon to early Monday morning. When I received the email order confirmation there was a paragraph about ILD upgrading their shipping department and they would try to get orders out by 01/06! At the time I ordered Carrington there was no mention of that on their website. They've since updated their shipping options page to add the paragraph that was in my email. Yesterday I received an email from ILD saying my order shipped and the EDD is Monday. I'll be back home before it's delivered but at least it was shipped. THEN this morning I checked the tracking number and it says the Seller cancelled shipping! :whut: I'm going to call them today to find out what's going on. If it's delivered Monday I still won't see it until Thursday, and it still may be delivered before then. My biggest issue (since I fed the beast and bought a small wallet at Off 5th yesterday! :rolleyes:), is paying for premium shipping and not getting it.
Hopefully I'll have pics to post Thursday. In the meantime here's my small (very inexpensive) Saks wallet. Leather zip around, three card slots on each side, one in the middle, $14.99 at Off 5th. It says market value is $68 but I don't know if they sell it outside of Off 5th. I'll play with this until Carrington arrives. :roflmfao:

20170106_044228_resized.jpg 20170106_044856_resized.jpg

Reactions: MiaBorsa
FYI regarding ILD shipping!

I ordered my Carrington pouch from ILD Monday with premium, 3 day shipping so I would receive it by tomorrow. I'm having it delivered to my sister's apartment and I'm here Thursday afternoon to early Monday morning. When I received the email order confirmation there was a paragraph about ILD upgrading their shipping department and they would try to get orders out by 01/06! At the time I ordered Carrington there was no mention of that on their website. They've since updated their shipping options page to add the paragraph that was in my email. Yesterday I received an email from ILD saying my order shipped and the EDD is Monday. I'll be back home before it's delivered but at least it was shipped. THEN this morning I checked the tracking number and it says the Seller cancelled shipping! :whut: I'm going to call them today to find out what's going on. If it's delivered Monday I still won't see it until Thursday, and it still may be delivered before then. My biggest issue (since I fed the beast and bought a small wallet at Off 5th yesterday! :rolleyes:), is paying for premium shipping and not getting it.
Hopefully I'll have pics to post Thursday. In the meantime here's my small (very inexpensive) Saks wallet. Leather zip around, three card slots on each side, one in the middle, $14.99 at Off 5th. It says market value is $68 but I don't know if they sell it outside of Off 5th. I'll play with this until Carrington arrives. :roflmfao:

View attachment 3566647 View attachment 3566648
Hi RuedeNesle, I ordered from ILD, 12/31. I called ILD yesterday because I had not received a shipping confirmation (quite unusual because they normally ship within a day or 2). I was told by the CSR that ILD is conducting inventory and they are not shipping anything until after inventory is completed. What?!!! :cursing: I had never heard of such! I asked her when will they start shipping...."in a few days" :mad:. In essence, she would not confirm a shipping date. I guess there are several narratives about ILD's shipping delay! I'll let you know when I get a shipping confirmation.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Hi RuedeNesle, I ordered from ILD, 12/31. I called ILD yesterday because I had not received a shipping confirmation (quite unusual because they normally ship within a day or 2). I was told by the CSR that ILD is conducting inventory and they are not shipping anything until after inventory is completed. What?!!! :cursing: I had never heard of such! I asked her when will they start shipping...."in a few days" :mad:. In essence, she would not confirm a shipping date. I guess there are several narratives about ILD's shipping delay! I'll let you know when I get a shipping confirmation.
Mornin' Bestbagyet!
Thanks so much for the info! Soooo, doing inventory is different than "a quick upgrade to service you better in 2017"! Sounds like they're using the upgrade line to make us feel better about the delay because we'll think shipping will be improved. You ordered on the 31st and I ordered on the 2nd and in that time frame they hadn't updated their shipping options. I did notice on the Carrington pouch under Availability: In Stock, it said Expected ship date: January 11, 2017, but I assumed that was for standard shipping, which is another reason I opted for premium delivery. I'm just confused why mine was shipped, then cancelled. Did it not get counted in inventory or is the new alleged shipping upgrade not working properly? Or, would it be too naive to believe they canceled it because they're now sending it expedited for today? Oh, heck yeah! :roflmfao:
Thanks for keeping me posted on your shipping confirmation! I'll let you know when I have an update on mine!

Update: I just spoke to Simone with ILD. She said I was given the wrong tracking number. (Which probably means the package it was on was the wrong package and they had to cancel shipping.) The new tracking number just shows the label was created and the EDD is Tuesday, 01/10 before 4:30pm. I won't be back here until Thursday anyway so it'll be here waiting for me hopefully. Per Simone, if I had not requested premium shipping my order would not have shipped yet. She said the delays are due to inventory and upgrading the shipping system during inventory. :rolleyes:

Update: I just spoke to Simone with ILD. She said I was given the wrong tracking number. (Which probably means the package it was on was the wrong package and they had to cancel shipping.) The new tracking number just shows the label was created and the EDD is Tuesday, 01/10 before 4:30pm. I won't be back here until Thursday anyway so it'll be here waiting for me hopefully. Per Simone, if I had not requested premium shipping my order would not have shipped yet. She said the delays are due to inventory and upgrading the shipping system during inventory. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got a shipping confirmation:tup:. I'll just keep waiting patiently (well kinda) :coolio:. It is only my third camouflage bag, anyway :giggle:. I already have the cayden and domed satchel, so I really shouldn't be in any rush for Ms. Olivia to arrive.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got a shipping confirmation:tup:. I'll just keep waiting patiently (well kinda) :coolio:. It is only my third camouflage bag, anyway :giggle:. I already have the cayden and domed satchel, so I really shouldn't be in any rush for Ms. Olivia to arrive.

You're welcome! :tup: Please post when you get your shipping confirmation. I'm curious to know how soon they ship yours out!

Called the putlet yesterday on a whim to see if they had the florentine crossbody with all leather lining. They did at 40% off, was set to order when SA said it would be 50% the next day. She kindly set one aside for me so I could call back. When I called the next day, the SA transferred me to someone else to do the phone order, everything seemed fine until they emailed me the receipt showing I only got 40% off. Called, put on hold, told they would call back in a few minutes, 1.5 hours goes by, I call again. SA who did the order was unaware of price drop and as the bag shipped in three hours since I ordered it, they don't know what to do and are waiting on corporate to tell them. Seems pretty simple to just issue a credit to my card for the difference. Really annoyed.

Called the putlet yesterday on a whim to see if they had the florentine crossbody with all leather lining. They did at 40% off, was set to order when SA said it would be 50% the next day. She kindly set one aside for me so I could call back. When I called the next day, the SA transferred me to someone else to do the phone order, everything seemed fine until they emailed me the receipt showing I only got 40% off. Called, put on hold, told they would call back in a few minutes, 1.5 hours goes by, I call again. SA who did the order was unaware of price drop and as the bag shipped in three hours since I ordered it, they don't know what to do and are waiting on corporate to tell them. Seems pretty simple to just issue a credit to my card for the difference. Really annoyed.
Completely understandable. Why must things be so complicated?

Mornin' A!
I hope this gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. If the SA said it would be 50% off they should honor that price. Once, at the M Kors outlet in Illinois the SA helping me calculated the percentage off based on the lowest amount on the tag. When I got ready to pay the cashier said it was over $50 more than the SA quoted because the percentage off was supposed to be based on the original price. When the SA explained to her manager what she did the manager honored the price I was quoted. I hope they do the same for you!
Good luck! Please keep us posted!