Spring/Summer 2008 - Call from MJ SA!!

Are they going to switch to fabric linings on the Zip Clutches too I wonder? I have noticed that many of the zip clutches that came out last season had fabric linings. I love the soft calf interior of those wallets and will be seriously bummed if he gets rid of that globally, too.

What a bummer. I absolutely hate when designers do this --- make their bags from cheaper materials but then up the prices.

I will probably keep buying his bags, since I love them so, but really, this irks me a lot. :mad:

I don't mean to be speaking ill of our man in the House of Marc Jacobs here, but really, this little detail was such a longstanding part of the character of his bags, it really annoys me that he is completely doing away with it for reasons that are (I suspect) merely cost-related.

^^^ - Yeah HB - I hear ya! --- Hard to see where it isn't a cost related change.
I love MJ for the stitching details, piping in the edges, workmanship, overall a more structured bag - or at least used to be!!!

The piping, I noticed, was one of the first things to go, and now from leather to fabric? -- We've all heard of chamois right? - so can't be entirely a weight thing.
But, I am VERY fond of my elastic quilted plum kid with fabric lining, so not every style suffers ..... :P