Spring/Summer 2008 - Call from MJ SA!!

I am not crazy about those knots either. I was thinking a Venetia might be nice, but I don't know if I would really want one if it has the knots. I am going to have to see it in person before I make a final decision.

Here's the new Blake in Navy:

Tiffany has it waiting for you in San Francisco!! - Save me from getting it! - :nuts::

the more i look at it, the mercer style knotted blake is not that bad. the blake looks best with the knots compared to the venetia and the large mp imo. classic style is still best, but the blake is too small for me anyway. :sad: also, the navy is much darker than i thought it would be. i so wanted it to be like spring 07 navy.

_5340001.jpg

^^^ Yes, definately ZC in Navy available. I SO WISH I had access to the entire lookbook, but only got as far as discussing the soft calf colors and styles today. Tiffany knew I was especially interested in the Navy, so she told me the ZC and the Blake were available in the SF store.:smile:

Omg you just made my day. Now I have to see if the NY store has the ZC already. I guess that means I'll be on the hunt for a yellow bag for spring. At least I don't have to worry about trying to get one of the new Blake's for spring since the knots do nothing for me *sigh*

the more i look at it, the mercer style knotted blake is not that bad. the blake looks best with the knots compared to the venetia and the large mp imo. classic style is still best, but the blake is too small for me anyway. :sad: also, the navy is much darker than i thought it would be. i so wanted it to be like spring 07 navy.

_5340001.jpg

Ya, the Navy is almost black. Even with a black sweater on I could only tell the navy by its stitching. What do you think about the Indigo? I've seen that on a PW Stam. It looks devine IMO. In between the Spring 07 Navy and the new Navy..

I saw the new Navy Blake @ Neimans SF. The leather looks different....hard to explain...puffier/spongier? I guess. The riveting where the handle is attached the main body of the bag looked less luxurious/more casual to me. It was not something I'd drop $1000.00 on, but that's just me. Part of the reason I fell in love w/ MJ Collection Bags is the luxuriousness....the leather lining ... etc.

I am kicking myself for passing on a Black Christy w/ brown suede lining this fall! If I'd only known how hard it would be to find another one.

No more suede is awful!!!!:wtf::crybaby: That is so cheap to discontinue it, don't they have a huge profit margin as it is?? I don't know, I may start looking around at other bags. Very bad decision. :yucky:

I am kicking myself for passing on a Black Christy w/ brown suede lining this fall! If I'd only known how hard it would be to find another one.

Nordstroms OakBrook had a black Christy with light brown (tan) suede lining just last week. I'd be surprised if it's gone already (but I guess it's not impossible) If you're interested call them (630) 571-2121. I don't think their tag said Christy, however - I'm pretty sure it was just called "Soft Calf Hobo"

OK I'm ticked off...What? No suede? and how can the new mp with no side pockets still be called the 'multi pocket'??? I don't like the new mp at ALL..the side pockets balance out the bag IMO...and I don't like the knots either..Cripe..the only GOOD thing about the spring line is I won't be tempted to buy....I'm still searching for some past season bags...I so hope MJ doesn't start 'cheaping out' on his designs...I'd rather pay a bit more $$ for his unique-ness....UGH...this totally bums me out!!!!!!!!!!!!

No suede? Boo! One of the reasons that I am drawn to MJ.

The floppy flaps on the pockets of the Venetia, boo. Remind me of elephant ears. If the bag is a soft calf, seems to me that the bag will puddle. I don't get a good visual of this bag after use. I thought the knots were for one bag type - parker and that was ok, but not for my Venetia.

I'll stick with the older classics.

Iluvmy bags and sahree-

Thanks so much!

I'm not a big fan of the gray lining, unfortunately. There are a few Christys available with that...I tend to like warmer colors, and it's a pretty cool tone.

The one I saw in November had a warm dark brown, (gorgeous!) lining. I will call Oakbrook just to check. Thank You!

Iluvmy bags and sahree-

Thanks so much!

I'm not a big fan of the gray lining, unfortunately. There are a few Christys available with that...I tend to like warmer colors, and it's a pretty cool tone.

The one I saw in November had a warm dark brown, (gorgeous!) lining. I will call Oakbrook just to check. Thank You!

I just got a Black Christy with brown lining on ebay a couple weeks ago. I absolutely love it. Keep checking, you never know when another one will pop up!!!!

Wow. No suede linings on the Blakes. So the rumor is true.

I wish they would have put the word out on this...it would have benefitted them too because I would have bought more bags with the suede lining next season.

Very disappointing.

Great colors, but, without the suede the classic MJ bags are nowhere near as fun for me.