Spouses & Hermes

May 19, 2023
I feel like a great thread would be funny and/or sweet stories of your spouses and Hermes! (We all know that H loves husbands!) Is your spouse supportive, do they go to the boutique with you, do they support your orange habits? Or are they completely oblivious, unhelpful, and embarrassing? 😅🤣

(Mods please delete if this topic has already been discussed or is unwanted lol)

This picture makes me laugh. Here’s my fiancé doing his best to “oooh” and “ahhh” over my Picotin 🤣 and assist with picking out her “outfits” (twillys) LOL

View attachment 5974116
Very sweet of your fiance to try to opine on twillys. :loveeyes: My husband just kind of nods and says "Whatever you think is best." :lol:

Here's a fun IG that always makes me laugh.

1711628434053.png1711628470407.png1711628831730.png

To make a quota bag purchase more palatable for my husband, I tell him that the moment I go outside the store, I can resell the bag for at least 50% more than what I paid for it (not that I would…but that’s what I tell him).

He thought about that for a moment and said, “Wow! It’s like they are saying we like you so much, here’s $5,000+ that we want to give you!” He is much more supportive after thinking about it like that! 😆

To make a quota bag purchase more palatable for my husband, I tell him that the moment I go outside the store, I can resell the bag for at least 50% more than what I paid for it (not that I would…but that’s what I tell him).

He thought about that for a moment and said, “Wow! It’s like they are saying we like you so much, here’s $5,000+ that we want to give you!” He is much more supportive after thinking about it like that! 😆

FYI, that was what broke my hesitancy at the price points early on. Not the reselling markup, but the overall value that the bags hold. I agreed with my wife that if something came up that caused us financial pain, that the bags would need to be sold to cover some of said pain.

Now 12 bags in, she’s not going to willingly give any up as it’s become her collection, but the idea worked on me at first.

FYI, that was what broke my hesitancy at the price points early on. Not the reselling markup, but the overall value that the bags hold. I agreed with my wife that if something came up that caused us financial pain, that the bags would need to be sold to cover some of said pain.

Now 12 bags in, she’s not going to willingly give any up as it’s become her collection, but the idea worked on me at first.
TWELVE?! Maybe you need to start a tutorial thread on how to teach other husbands/wives 🤣

DH likes the ‘challenge’ of H. He occasionally joins me at my local boutique but gets bored while I’m chatting with my SA and also thinks I have too many scarves.
Recently he said that waiting for an offer (that I’ll accept!) from my SA is boring and that it’s much more fun to try to get an appointment in Paris. He has twice managed to get me an appointment (at FSH and at Sevres) resulting in my B25 and my K28. If he’s willing to rise to that challenge, who am I to deny him his fun? :lol:

DH likes the ‘challenge’ of H. He occasionally joins me at my local boutique but gets bored while I’m chatting with my SA and also thinks I have too many scarves.
Recently he said that waiting for an offer (that I’ll accept!) from my SA is boring and that it’s much more fun to try to get an appointment in Paris. He has twice managed to get me an appointment (at FSH and at Sevres) resulting in my B25 and my K28. If he’s willing to rise to that challenge, who am I to deny him his fun? :lol:
Your reasoning is impeccable! :lol:

My DH is the name/account holder on all H accts we have, and we both shop together in a variety of brands including Hermes. He routinely picks stuff for me that work well, and he loves talking about how things are made with staff and management. He’s very picky about fit and style, and they respect that. He is more popular with them than I am.

ETA: he isn’t particularly bag crazy, and he’s not fond of the tiny ones, which is something our SAs appreciate.

I was looking at a Kelly on auction for a price I thought was going for a steal. I went downstairs and said to my husband, genuinely sheepish, "I know I just got a bag last month, and that I shouldn't get this one. There are 5 minutes left on this auction. I'm going to hand my computer to you to save me from myself." He jokingly chided me and I walked away.

He handed my computer back 5 minutes later. I'd won the bag.