Spouses & Hermes

I was looking at a Kelly on auction for a price I thought was going for a steal. I went downstairs and said to my husband, genuinely sheepish, "I know I just got a bag last month, and that I shouldn't get this one. There are 5 minutes left on this auction. I'm going to hand my computer to you to save me from myself." He jokingly chided me and I walked away.

He handed my computer back 5 minutes later. I'd won the bag.
Haha, too cute! Congrats on getting your bag!

• Thanks
Reactions: MonsoonBirkin
I was looking at a Kelly on auction for a price I thought was going for a steal. I went downstairs and said to my husband, genuinely sheepish, "I know I just got a bag last month, and that I shouldn't get this one. There are 5 minutes left on this auction. I'm going to hand my computer to you to save me from myself." He jokingly chided me and I walked away.

This is soooo cute!

My fiancé is wonderful and buys me things on occasion, but for some reason he’s gotten it into his head that him picking up a pair of Trip Espadrilles (coincidentally before my B25 offer) was the REASON I got the offer :lol: and not the other thousands and years spent hahaha

I’m gonna start using your tactic and hand over the computer and then he can truly be the reason for my collection! :happydance:

Is he available to borrow?! That's the kind of enablement every woman needs in her life. 😍

DH generally hates my "obsession" of anything German or French---except for his love of Chanel, Goyard, and Moynat for some reason. He prefers the Italians and British: Burberry, Range Rover, Versace, Maserati, D&G, and Prada.
He always makes fun of me for my huge and "ridiculous" Hermes and Louis Vuitton collection.

He is more of a snob for expensive cookware, electronics, and fine art.
I do like that he supports my "retail therapy" though...lol. Besides, that's all that counts right? :giggle:

My DH is supportive. Besides that being his general disposition, he’s into fancy cars the way I’m into luxury goods. So he gets it.

But I lucked out with Hermes where he met a really fantastic SA when he went once to buy me a gift. We are no where near the clientele his SA typically works with but they give him the same level of client care. I think because his SA makes it such a wonderful experience for him(and all of us as a family because they love when we come in together)it just helps him understand why I enjoy the brand so much.

My husband loves Hermes as much as I do. I have a funny story to add to those who have also shared. I think it was in 2013 when he went in to buy me a Christmas present. Knowing how much I love mousselines, our SA showed him this Special Edition red and white Ex Libris design that was beaded with sequins. It came in a big beautiful wooden box, too! When I opened it on Christmas morning, he was surprised that it was a 90cm and not a 140! He asked," what happened to the rest of it??? For that price, I thought it was one of the big ones!"
It makes me laugh every time I wear it.

I never bring DH shopping, he isn't fond of waiting but he's fine with me shopping there. I remember having a conversation with my SA asking why DH never comes along and I explained if I did bring DH along I'd be on permanent ban island. :blush:

DH does love the one blanket I purchased...wasn't supposed to be for him but he's taken it as his. 😂