Spiders vs Snakes. What are you more afraid of?

They're definitely the top two for me. I would say, I'm more paralyzed by the spiders. We actually had a baby snake get in our condo. We're on the first floor at the golf course in Myrtle Beach. I was freaked out, but somehow I have been more afraid of the gigantic spiders here. I know this seems weird, but the spiders in this area seem aggressive (as if they're coming after you).

Side note - Now, I feel like something is crawling on me.

I went camping last year with my bf and another couple, it was my first time ugh hated it...there were spiders every where and bees ughh..the spiders were the huge daddy long leg ones eecck..i slept with my pants tucked into my socks and i had my hair in a bun that whole weekend

i'm such a city girl no camping for me!

Both! We don't really have either around here, so I don't think I have to worry about them, but both of them definately gives me the chills when I see them on TV, in zoos or in pet stores (they had a beautiful, albino python for sale in russia among others).
However, There is a chance that I'm moving to fl in June, so thanks for that little water moccassin story, charles - I'll never swim in a river or a pond after this :P

Big spiders, poisonous spiders and poisonous snakes freak me out. I'm the type of person that will trap the little spiders and let them go.

I guess I keep thinking of Charlotte from Charlotte's Web. My mom believes that it's bad luck to kill spiders, so I guess she taught me that.

This one time, at work, I saw this little spider. Someone I work with is deathly afraid of all spiders so our shift supervisor trapped it between two cups. He gave them to me, and I let the spider go outside.

(Let's just say that when I was in elementary school and they'd bring in the boa constrictor, all the other girls were shrieking, "Ew!" and I was going, "Cool! Can I touch?")

After I just told my friend about this thread, she just told me a horrible story. Apparently some lady she knows was watching television at home one night when she saw something go across the floor. It was a baby snake. Then suddenly, baby snakes just started coming from everywhere..out of the walls, out of the vents. Somehow snakes had managed to nest around her house and the babies hatched.

I think that warrants heart failure But the woman still lives in the house.

A little trivia... daddy long legs are actually one of the most poisonous spiders in the world, however, their fangs are to tiny and weak to puncture skin.

For me, neither. Bugs are bugs...no biggie. Although given that I live in Fla and I've been around water most of my life, the possibilty of coming up on a cottonmouth (water moccassin) is a def possibilty. Luckily when I have come across them, I wasn't close enough to be in any real danger. I'm sure if a snake slithered out in front of me I'd be a bit apprehensive for that reason.

Sorry Charles, but that's a urban legend :shrugs: . A common one though...daddy long leg spiders have weak venom and can penetrate human skin, the bites don't really hurt much though. I saw it on mythbusters, yes I am a nerd. I don't mind snakes or spiders too much. My college major's biology. I agree that roaches are the worst, the whole planet can be nuked and all other forms of life may die, but roaches will out survive us all, they're fascinating to study though. :sweatdrop:

def. snakes....to the point where i don't even want to read the replies to this thread because I'm scared there are some gory details of them...even seeing a scene/commercial on tv with one in it makes me freak out - i basically scream and tremble