Speedy Bandouliere 20

I love the speedy bags and own a 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting a Burberry (Speedy style) because I loved the colour better and I literally wear it more than any of my bags.

I love the Speedy style and have both the 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting the Burberry mini bowling bag because I liked the colour more. It's essentially the size of the LV 20. So if in doubt, go and check it out, as an option.
What a CUTIE PIE!

Reactions: WillWordForBags
I love the speedy bags and own a 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting a Burberry (Speedy style) because I loved the colour better and I literally wear it more than any of my bags.

I love the Speedy style and have both the 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting the Burberry mini bowling bag because I liked the colour more. It's essentially the size of the LV 20. So if in doubt, go and check it out, as an option.
I LOVE this bag. I have been eyeing it for a long time. I even almost purchased it in London last year, but the price difference with the larger size was almost nothing, and it seemed a bit pricey for a Mini-Nano bag, since I find it to be closer in size to the LV Nano Speedy than the Speedy 20.

I still want it though, lol. It's just one more boston/bowling/speedy type bag that I just gotta have. I love this shape so much.

Here is an image of all the speedys (this Burberry one was also on that list but didn't make it to my collage) I've been considering for a while.I even created a poll about it: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/help-me-choose-celine-boston-or-lv-speedy.1066622/
It was posted on the Celine thread so naturally, the Boston won. I'm thinking of starting a broader poll and including these and other bags of this same style.

For now, I have narrowed it down to choosing between the Celine Boston and the LV Speedy in DE, but I will eventually have this Burberry Mini Bowling too! :biggrin:

IMG_8102.JPG

I have had mine since it was first released and it’s fine. No issues. It’s the mono with black strap.

Mono w/ Beige Strap. I posted it a Page or 2 Back

I personally don't think it will be an issue. I got my Speedy Monogram 20 the same year it was released. I have no issues with my Speedy and the tabs look perfect. I did not use it that often however. I just recently decided not to use it at all as I want to gift it to my grand daughter. I have a Speedy 25 DE purchased after my 20. I use that more often. The bag still looks new, including the tabs.
What do you all think about the lining? I've heard that is it a very plain, double-lined thick fabric that seems unrefined and actually not even well-sown, and that they didn't even bother to attach a leather tab inside or anything. Also, does the bag seem heavy for a Speedy, or do you find it to be lightweight, if you don't consider the weight of the guitar strap?

What do you all think about the lining? I've heard that is it a very plain, double-lined thick fabric that seems unrefined and actually not even well-sown, and that they didn't even bother to attach a leather tab inside or anything. Also, does the bag seem heavy for a Speedy, or do you find it to be lightweight, if you don't consider the weight of the guitar strap?

I like the lining. I just pulled it out of "jail" to look at it as it's been in the closet for about 1 yr untouched, preserving it for my grand daughter. The lining is nothing fancy, correct, but it is a nice pretty cherry red color and it is a durable fabric. Not too thin or too thick, but imo just right. Correct there is not a leather tab inside that reads "Louis Vuitton, made in " nor is there a D ring inside to attach keys or what have you, like the 25, but since its smaller, your keys should not get lost inside. The outside vachetta leather tab by the D ring for the strap will have the "Louis Vuitton Made in" stamp. There is 1 slit pocket (no zipper pocket) that would be ideal for placing a thin card holder. Is it heavy? Not at all. It's a small bag so you are limited to what will fit. If you like the Speedy but the Speedy 25 is larger then what you need, the 20 is an excellent choice. I don't think you can go wrong with the 20 or 25. They are both great sizes depending on your needs. It is a simple bag, but it's a nice bag and a bag that will never go out of style ever. You can dress it up with charms, straps and bandeaus or you can just keep it casual. Styling is endless. It is a cutie pie imo. Lol. :smile:

I like the lining. I just pulled it out of "jail" to look at it as it's been in the closet for about 1 yr untouched, preserving it for my grand daughter. The lining is nothing fancy, correct, but it is a nice pretty cherry red color and it is a durable fabric. Not too thin or too thick, but imo just right. Correct there is not a leather tab inside that reads "Louis Vuitton, made in " nor is there a D ring inside to attach keys or what have you, like the 25, but since its smaller, your keys should not get lost inside. The outside vachetta leather tab by the D ring for the strap will have the "Louis Vuitton Made in" stamp. There is 1 slit pocket (no zipper pocket) that would be ideal for placing a thin card holder. Is it heavy? Not at all. It's a small bag so you are limited to what will fit. If you like the Speedy but the Speedy 25 is larger then what you need, the 20 is an excellent choice. I don't think you can go wrong with the 20 or 25. They are both great sizes depending on your needs. It is a simple bag, but it's a nice bag and a bag that will never go out of style ever. You can dress it up with charms, straps and bandeaus or you can just keep it casual. Styling is endless. It is a cutie pie imo. Lol. :smile:
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. You are so sweet! :flowers:

I’ve actually owned several Speedys before, including the 25B which I loved for a bit but realized was too big for me for everyday use.
I had been dreaming with LV coming out with a 25 for years, since I knew it was the perfect size.

And then I had a few years of “LV monogram saturation” when I didn’t feel like getting any LV at all and was focused on other brands.
Until I found out, very late in the game btw, that the Speedy 20 had come out and I that reawakened my desire for LV.

And after that, I have been comparing many speedy-type bags from other designers and trying to decide which one to get in that mini/small size, and as much as I love the other brands, I keep coming back to the Speedy 20. :P

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. You are so sweet! :flowers:

I’ve actually owned several Speedys before, including the 25B which I loved for a bit but realized was too big for me for everyday use.
I had been dreaming with LV coming out with a 25 for years, since I knew it was the perfect size.

And then I had a few years of “LV monogram saturation” when I didn’t feel like getting any LV at all and was focused on other brands.
Until I found out, very late in the game btw, that the Speedy 20 had come out and I that reawakened my desire for LV.

And after that, I have been comparing many speedy-type bags from other designers and trying to decide which one to get in that mini/small size, and as much as I love the other brands, I keep coming back to the Speedy 20. :P
Hi! I just wanted to throw in my opinion. I have the speedy 20 in Monogram and DE. I looooove my speedy 20s. I use the DE as an every day bag. I don’t baby it much, travel with it, kids, parks, road trips, groceries, you name it and it is still in great shape. The only negative is the rest of my bags are collecting dust since getting the DE speedy 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 45
I wish mine had the beige strap or black strap. I got the pink strap. Lol. I want to see if my SA can sell me a black or beige strap as a "repair". Lol
I have the beige and black strap, but also want the pink, but my SA could not order since it has to be exact same strap. Not wanting her to lose her job I did not press. She has since moved and now working for Tiffany and co in a diff state. Let me know if you have better luck :blush:

Hi! I just wanted to throw in my opinion. I have the speedy 20 in Monogram and DE. I looooove my speedy 20s. I use the DE as an every day bag. I don’t baby it much, travel with it, kids, parks, road trips, groceries, you name it and it is still in great shape. The only negative is the rest of my bags are collecting dust since getting the DE speedy 😂
Lol. I love this. I am soooo inclined to get the Speedy 20 in DE and so close to just driving to the store and doing it already. But I just cannot stop thinking about the Celine Boston Small, and I don't want to get both right now because I only allow myself to get one bag at a time (especially at these prices) because the addiction is real. :nuts:

I will go soon and look at both bags and make my decision. But what I do know is as much as I love the classic LV monogram, I don't want to deal with Vachetta drama. I have seen tons of discounted Speedy 20s in the pre-loved market and they're all in monogram with inevitable marks, water or oil stains on the Vachetta. I haven't seen one DE thought. Not one. I wonder why. :biggrin:

I have the beige and black strap, but also want the pink, but my SA could not order since it has to be exact same strap. Not wanting her to lose her job I did not press. She has since moved and now working for Tiffany and co in a diff state. Let me know if you have better luck :blush:
I think LV is crazy not to offer these straps separately. It makes no sense to me. If they want to keep making even more money, then let us buy the ridiculously expensive straps like all other brands do and stop trying to play "exclusive," because they are the least exclusive designer brand of all, since their monogram is everywhere on Earth and I'm sure even on the Moon. :P

Last edited:
Oh wow, my SA has let me purchase "repairs" but only IF item happens to be in their inventory on location. He can't order it for me, so it's only if it's in stock. You are so fortunate you got the Speedy 20 with the black strap! That one rarely showed up when it was released and once the 20 did show up, it was gone! I just took what they had as I didn't want to wait til one showed up and then try to beat someone else to the punch. Lol. Worse case scenerio I'll just buy the pink strap when I gift it to my grand daughter. I'll buy it sooner then later. I hope it's not more then what I sold it for! Smh. Lol

Lol. I love this. I am soooo inclined to get the Speedy 20 in DE and so close to just driving to the store and doing it already. But I just cannot stop thinking about the Celine Boston Small, and I don't want to get both right now because I only allow myself to get one bag at a time (especially at these prices) because the addiction is real. :nuts:

I will go soon and look at both bags and make my decision. But what I do know is as much as I love the classic LV monogram, I don't want to deal with Vachetta drama. I have seen tons of discounted Speedy 20s in the pre-loved market and they're all in monogram with inevitable marks, water or oil stains on the Vachetta. I haven't seen one DE thought. Not one. I wonder why. :biggrin:
Oh interesting. People may keep the DE as it's carefree. Yes the addiction is real! Lol. I was going to say get the Celine and get the LV DE. Lol. They do have handle covers for the Speedy 20. It's called Love Handles and it's sold on Etsy. I purchased those and used them for mine as protecting the top handle is important to me. I also used Apple Garde. I've seen leather cutout top handle covers on Etsy as well that my friend bought and also luxe mink versions in different colors on AiMere Luxury. I was thinking about purchasing those in a vachetta color for my Speedy. They are $95 each so hummm.....not sure. Lol

I think LV is crazy not to offer these straps separately. It makes no sense to me. If they want to keep making even more money, then let us buy the ridiculously expensive straps like all other brands do and stop trying to play "exclusive," because they are the least exclusive designer brand of all, since their monogram is everywhere on Earth and I'm sure even on the Moon. :P
Right! Lol. Not only is it flooded with authentic LV monograms everywhere, we have a flood of fakes out there too! Hahaha! Every household probably has that monogram in their closet! Lol

Wow, those are great tips. The "love handles" seem like a great idea. Will keep that in mind.
I've seen many videos about the Apple Guard but that seems to darken the leather ahead of time and I'm not sure I want to do that.
I just don't want to spend over 2k-3k for bags that I then have to protect and stress about.

As much as I do take good care of my bags (I cover bag with the restaurant napkin because my bag is more important than my dress, lol), I do prefer carefree bags and try to stay away from delicate or cumbersome bags.

In an ideal world, I would get those 2 bags you mention because the LV Speedy Monogram has the same color scheme as the Celine Boston, if you consider that the Vachetta patinas into a similar caramel/tan color like the Celine.

But the DE is such a gorgeous, RARE chocolate brown and light brown scheme, that I also MUST have it.
Like I said; the addiction is real. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65
Right! Lol. Not only is it flooded with authentic LV monograms everywhere, we have a flood of fakes out there too! Hahaha! Every household probably has that monogram in their closet! Lol
Exactly! This is why it's funny to me that they claim to want to make it "harder" for folks to own their items, yet, with such an endless amount of pre-loved and fakes, we will never get rid of seeing the monogram everywhere, even if they keep raising their prices.

And that's one of the reasons I am drawn to the Celine Triomphe monogram and leather collection. It seems so understated.
The Celine Boston in all leather with leather strap is only $520 more than the Speedy 20 which is coated canvas, and virtually the same style and size.

But I am on the LV forum so I will still reaffirm my love for LV, regardless of how ubiquitous it is. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: jcmama and Debbie65