Speedy Bandouliere 20

I'm very late in the game but planning to finally get a Speedy 20, possibly in DE (trying to avoid Vachetta drama).
I have seen a ton of YouTube videos of the Speedy 20 but have stumbled upon some members saying that there is a defect or quality issue with the side tabs not having the complete triangled thread reinforcement or a rivet reinforcement like the Speedy B 25 or even the Speedy Nano.

They complain that the tabs stick up and they're worried about the strap weight pulling on these tabs and the threads coming undone.

I can totally see their point. It makes no sense to put rivets on the handles and not on the side tabs where the strap is attached. And the tabs sticking out don't look too attractive to me. Seems like these tabs need way more reinforcement so this could become an issue.

It is incredible to me that these ancient designer brands, owned by humongous corporations, don't check these concerns before putting out a $2k+ bag. Mind-boggling for sure.

But before panicking and opting out of this bag altogether, I wanted to ask Speedy 20 owners, because this may seem like a potential problem but maybe it's not, even with heavy wear. Have any of you experienced this issue at all?

Thank you all in advance for your feedback. :heart::heart::heart:

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 4.26.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-25 at 4.30.16 PM.png

Last edited:
I personally don't think it will be an issue. I got my Speedy Monogram 20 the same year it was released. I have no issues with my Speedy and the tabs look perfect. I did not use it that often however. I just recently decided not to use it at all as I want to gift it to my grand daughter. I have a Speedy 25 DE purchased after my 20. I use that more often. The bag still looks new, including the tabs.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
I'm very late in the game but planning to finally get a Speedy 20, possibly in DE (trying to avoid Vachetta drama).
I have seen a ton of YouTube videos of the Speedy 20 but have stumbled upon some members saying that there is a defect or quality issue with the side tabs not having the complete triangled thread reinforcement or a rivet reinforcement like the Speedy B 25 or even the Speedy Nano.

They complain that the tabs stick up and they're worried about the strap weight pulling on these tabs and the threads coming undone.

I can totally see their point. It makes no sense to put rivets on the handles and not on the side tabs where the strap is attached. And the tabs sticking out don't look too attractive to me. Seems like these tabs need way more reinforcement so this could become an issue.

It is incredible to me that these ancient designer brands, owned by humongous corporations, don't check these concerns before putting out a $2k+ bag. Mind-boggling for sure.

But before panicking and opting out of this bag altogether, I wanted to ask Speedy 20 owners, because this may seem like a potential problem but maybe it's not, even with heavy wear. Have any of you experienced this issue at all?

View attachment 5972659View attachment 5972660

I love the speedy bags and own a 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting a Burberry (Speedy style) because I loved the colour better and I literally wear it more than any of my bags.

View attachment 5972659View attachment 5972660

I love the Speedy style and have both the 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting the Burberry mini bowling bag because I liked the colour more. It's essentially the size of the LV 20. So if in doubt, go and check it out, as an option.

Attachments

• IMG_6461.png
    IMG_6461.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 34