Speedy Bandouliere 20

Exactly! This is why it's funny to me that they claim to want to make it "harder" for folks to own their items, yet, with such an endless amount of pre-loved and fakes, we will never get rid of seeing the monogram everywhere, even if they keep raising their prices.

And that's one of the reasons I am drawn to the Celine Triomphe monogram and leather collection. It seems so understated.
The Celine Boston in all leather with leather strap is only $520 more than the Speedy 20 which is coated canvas, and virtually the same style and size.

But I am on the LV forum so I will still reaffirm my love for LV, regardless of how ubiquitous it is. :biggrin:
Yes, I gravitate to LV mono many times as it can be dressy but yet it is casual too. I only have 3 Speedys now but I've had a total of 7 different versions. I love the Speedy! I did have a Fendi Boston Bag as well too.

Reactions: pennypatty
Wow, those are great tips. The "love handles" seem like a great idea. Will keep that in mind.
I've seen many videos about the Apple Guard but that seems to darken the leather ahead of time and I'm not sure I want to do that.
I just don't want to spend over 2k-3k for bags that I then have to protect and stress about.

As much as I do take good care of my bags (I cover bag with the restaurant napkin because my bag is more important than my dress, lol), I do prefer carefree bags and try to stay away from delicate or cumbersome bags.

In an ideal world, I would get those 2 bags you mention because the LV Speedy Monogram has the same color scheme as the Celine Boston, if you consider that the Vachetta patinas into a similar caramel/tan color like the Celine.

But the DE is such a gorgeous, RARE chocolate brown and light brown scheme, that I also MUST have it.
Like I said; the addiction is real. :biggrin:
I'm sure you'll find the right bag for you! All are nice! Yes the vachetta is extra work but I just love vachetta for some strange reason. Lol. The Apple Garde does not darken it at all. Seriously. You spray ot on, it looks dar, but within minutes it back to the original color. It does not stay wet and it does not darken. I do not trust myself not to spray my vachetta with Apple Garde. Many don't use Apple Garde and if they get a spot on it they don't care. Eventually it all blends in over time as the vachetta darkens with time. You had me laughing when you said your bag is more important then your dress! Hahaha! Only a true bag lover can understand that! I'm the same way too! My bags cost more then whatever I am wearing. Lol

Lol. I love this. I am soooo inclined to get the Speedy 20 in DE and so close to just driving to the store and doing it already. But I just cannot stop thinking about the Celine Boston Small, and I don't want to get both right now because I only allow myself to get one bag at a time (especially at these prices) because the addiction is real. :nuts:

I will go soon and look at both bags and make my decision. But what I do know is as much as I love the classic LV monogram, I don't want to deal with Vachetta drama. I have seen tons of discounted Speedy 20s in the pre-loved market and they're all in monogram with inevitable marks, water or oil stains on the Vachetta. I haven't seen one DE thought. Not one. I wonder why. :biggrin:
I agree with you, I got the monogram first and loved it. However I did have to baby it and was always stressed about the vachetta, REALLY stressed. When the DE came out, I was soooo happy because to me it was the best of both worlds!! A carefree speedy 20 in DE 🤌🏽 chefs kiss. I have not worn my monogram speedy 20 since. I love them both, but the DE is so carefree and easy I don’t have to think about where I’m going, if it’s going to rain, what I will be eating, etc.

All that being said, I think the Celine Boston is also a great bag and it is extremely similar to a speedy 20.

But a speedy is a classic 🤔

Try them both on, see which one you like more and try not to over think it! Nothing like putting the bags on your self. Most of the times there’s a clear winner once you have them on!

Let us know what you pick!! 🤗

I agree with you, I got the monogram first and loved it. However I did have to baby it and was always stressed about the vachetta, REALLY stressed. When the DE came out, I was soooo happy because to me it was the best of both worlds!! A carefree speedy 20 in DE 🤌🏽 chefs kiss. I have not worn my monogram speedy 20 since. I love them both, but the DE is so carefree and easy I don’t have to think about where I’m going, if it’s going to rain, what I will be eating, etc.

All that being said, I think the Celine Boston is also a great bag and it is extremely similar to a speedy 20.

Try them both on, see which one you like more and try not to over think it! Nothing like putting the bags on your self. Most of the times there’s a clear winner once you have them on!

You are so right.
I have to try them on and it is exactly what I plan to do this weekend.

A clear winner always emerges when we put the bag on.

That being said, I’m probably going to have both of these bags eventually, but I just don’t want to spend the money for both (over 4k) because we are finally going to Italy in the fall (belated honeymoon trip) and would rather save my funds and see what great deals I can find there.

And I am totally with you on the Vachetta drama. I know myself, and as much as I adore the classic monogram, I would be so worried about wearing the bag with black dresses or pants, jeans, or anything that could leave color transfer. That, plus the obvious threat of rain, lotion, water, oil, etc., would make me so anxious.

I guess it wasn’t as stressful before when bags where under $1k, but now, it’s a different level of investment.

Your feedback is amazing. Thank you so much. I’ll keep you posted. :heart::heart::heart:

I'm sure you'll find the right bag for you! All are nice! Yes the vachetta is extra work but I just love vachetta for some strange reason. Lol. The Apple Garde does not darken it at all. Seriously. You spray ot on, it looks dar, but within minutes it back to the original color. It does not stay wet and it does not darken. I do not trust myself not to spray my vachetta with Apple Garde. Many don't use Apple Garde and if they get a spot on it they don't care. Eventually, it all blends in over time as the vachetta darkens with time. You had me laughing when you said your bag is more important then your dress! Hahaha! Only a true bag lover can understand that! I'm the same way too! My bags cost more then whatever I am wearing. Lol
Same here exactly. I rarely invest that much in my wardrobe, except for a few good staple pieces. I only go that far for bags and watches (my other obsession), so I take good care of them because I appreciate that I work hard to get them and I like to protect my investments, lol.

I used to be more impulsive before, overspending and buying too much.
I now try to be more mindful of each bag I buy and really take the time to think about the cost per wear, because I always have so many bags just collecting dust and occupying space in my closet. I want to actually use what I keep so that involves more time, research, patience and curbing my impulses. :P

Reactions: Aliluvlv
What is our take on the Monogram Dune?

I’m intrigued by this. Not sure yet but I love it more every time I see it.

Could this be the perfect solution to my dilemma? :biggrin:

My dream bag is a Speedy 20 in classic monogram with black handles and trim.

This is the closest to that and with minimal Vachetta. I would get a black strap and maybe even get the Speedy 20 black accent guitar strap too…

Oh, dear. More confusion for me, lol.

IMG_9160.jpeg
IMG_9157.jpegIMG_9155.jpegIMG_9159.jpeg

What is our take on the Monogram Dune?

I’m intrigued by this. Not sure yet but I love it more every time I see it.

Could this be the perfect solution to my dilemma? :biggrin:

My dream bag is a Speedy 20 in classic monogram with black handles and trim.

This is the closest to that and with minimal Vachetta. I would get a black strap and maybe even get the Speedy 20 black accent guitar strap too…

Oh, dear. More confusion for me, lol.

View attachment 5974595
View attachment 5974596View attachment 5974597View attachment 5974598
Oh wow! It is the best of 2 worlds. I like it. It's a nice combo. You can use bandeaus as well if you want to have different options for a different look. I agree it's the closest mono speedy 20 that is care free. :smile:

Oh wow! It is the best of 2 worlds. I like it. It's a nice combo. You can use bandeaus as well if you want to have different options for a different look. I agree it's the closest mono speedy 20 that is care free. :smile:
Right? It is kind of the best of both worlds.

And I like that the inside looks more polished with the appropriate LV leather tag, making it look more sophisticated.

The other Speedys with the red interior and without anything on the inside look strange to me. They look like Samorga inserts, lol.

Yes, this style with a black guitar or the logo guitar strap would look so cool. I mean in the strap game, the sky is the limit.

It’s a bit pricier than the Mono and DE Speedys (I guess because it is a seasonal edition?) but may be worth it? Don’t know yet but it’s quickly growing on me. :biggrin:

I’m happy to report that I am the proud owner of a new LV Speedy 20 in Damier Ebene. :love::yahoo:

So I went to the boutique yesterday to check the Speedy 20s and got a chance to look at all 3 options. After about a 45 minute deliberation, I finally went for the DE.

The Monogram Dune is really pretty but I honestly wasn’t blow away with it in person. At least not to the point of spending almost $2,500 on it and having to stress about the white canvas and the Vachetta trim and strap.
The manager associate who helped us (she was amazing, btw) said that this white canvas is sensitive to color transfer and that was enough for me to pass on it for now.
Plus, the color combo does make it a bit harder to match many outfits but it is still a nice bag and a nice addition to any Speedy collection.

The monogram canvas is beautiful and the strap with black detail is my favorite but the DE just stood out to me. And the ease of wear and durability aspect were the strongest selling points for me.

I will probably end up adding one or both of these other bags to my collection eventually, but for now, I’m glad I chose the most carefree of the three.

You were all right: the Speedy 20 is absolute perfection.

Thank you, loves, for all of your help and feedback. Feels good to finally be a part of the S20 club. :loveeyes:

IMG_9169.jpegIMG_9174.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m happy to report that I am the proud owner of a new LV Speedy 20 in Damier Ebene. :love::yahoo:

So I went to the boutique yesterday to check the Speedy 20s and got a chance to look at all 3 options. After about a 45 minute deliberation, I finally went for the DE.

The Monogram Dune is really pretty but I honestly wasn’t blow away with it in person. At least not to the point of spending almost $2,500 on it and having to stress about the white canvas and the Vachetta trim and strap.
The manager associate who helped us (she was amazing, btw) said that this white canvas is sensitive to color transfer and that was enough for me to pass on it for now.
Plus, the color combo does make it a bit harder to match many outfits but it is still a nice bag and a nice addition to any Speedy collection.

The monogram canvas is beautiful and the strap with black detail is my favorite but the DE just stood out to me. And the ease of wear and durability aspect were the strongest selling points for me.

I will probably end up adding one or both of these other bags to my collection eventually, but for now, I’m glad I chose the most carefree of the three.

Thank you, loves, for all of your help and feedback. Feels good to finally be a part of the S20 club. :loveeyes:

View attachment 5975686View attachment 5975688

Oh nice! Yay! I must say it was fun being part of your journey. I'm on bag ban island now and I'm suppose to STAY ON IT hahaha, so being part of your journey was fun! :smile: For an absolutely care free bag, you got it with the DE! I know you are excited! Enjoy your new and beautiful 20 DE! Yay! :smile:

I've been reading along and happy that you got the DE!

First, this April fools joke is so funny!! But secondly, I really think you made the right choice! So excited for you 🔥. I looove it!!

Oh nice! Yay! I must say it was fun being part of your journey. I'm on bag ban island now and I'm suppose to STAY ON IT hahaha, so being part of your journey was fun! :smile: For an absolutely care free bag, you got it with the DE! I know you are excited! Enjoy your new and beautiful 20 DE! Yay! :smile:
Thank you for being a part of it. You helped me so much.

I am so happy to have gotten this one because I can wear it without worrying about color transfer.
Now, I will order the DE strap from Etsy, so I swap it out when I need so I can take better care of the guitar strap.
Amazon also has some that look legit.