Sorta disappointed with my first purchase...

You can only return or exchange a non-faulty item if they have not been used and in brand new condition. If it's faulty obviously they will exchange it regardless you used it or not. So don't use it if you decide you need to exchange it. If you put cards in the slots that will count as used. Be careful check whether you left any hair in it while you were try to search for date code, if you left hair in it the wallet they might refuse to exchange it due to it's non-faulty.

Well crap. I have already put cards in them (did that at the store to determine if I'd like the slender or multiple better) and have it with me now at work. We'll I'll go up there Sunday (I won't use it anymore after I get home this evening). If they don't accept it it's not the end of the world. I was more concerned with the date code being there. The stamp doesn't bother me a whole lot.

Well crap. I have already put cards in them (did that at the store to determine if I'd like the slender or multiple better) and have it with me now at work. We'll I'll go up there Sunday (I won't use it anymore after I get home this evening). If they don't accept it it's not the end of the world. I was more concerned with the date code being there. The stamp doesn't bother me a whole lot.

Well I would hope LV would not resell an item with a stamp that looks like that so maybe it will not matter if you used it but I would let them know you did just incase they do plan on putting it back on the shelf. Honestly to me it looks like who ever did that stamp job had a few too many prior to working if you know what I mean :drinks:

I would definitely take that back the heat stamp is clearly a wack job.. it's bleeding everywhere!!!

agreed! unacceptable in a brand new piece

You can only return or exchange a non-faulty item if they have not been used and in brand new condition. If it's faulty obviously they will exchange it regardless you used it or not. So don't use it if you decide you need to exchange it. If you put cards in the slots that will count as used. Be careful check whether you left any hair in it while you were try to search for date code, if you left hair in it the wallet they might refuse to exchange it due to it's non-faulty.

Are you flippin kidding me? Refuse to return it because of a hair!!!! that is utter BS and I would raise hell. That just reinforces my feeling about pre loved. I love LV but if a company ever told me they refused to take an item back because I accidentally got a hair in it while handling it, I may not ever buy that brand again and I'm not sure I want to take that chance....think I will stay with pre loved.

Last edited:

Are you flippin kidding me? Refuse to return it because of a hair!!!! that is utter BS and I would raise hell. That just reinforces my feeling about pre loved. I love LV but if a company ever told me they refused to take an item back because I accidentally got a hair in it while handling it, I may not ever buy that brand again and I not sure I want to take that chance....think I will stay with pre loved.
Here's a question. I live about 35 minutes away from the LV store. Should I "go out of my way" and go back there tonight? Sunday I work at a mall by the store so I'd be up that way anyways. Will waiting until Sunday hurt my odds per se?

Are you flippin kidding me? Refuse to return it because of a hair!!!! that is utter BS and I would raise hell. That just reinforces my feeling about pre loved. I love LV but if a company ever told me they refused to take an item back because I accidentally got a hair in it while handling it, I may not ever buy that brand again and I not sure I want to take that chance....think I will stay with pre loved.

Yea that would infuriate me also. My perfectly conditioned leather Ralph Lauren (that cost me $35 didn't need to be replaced with this $525 specimen. I saw a review of a mono wallet after 10 years of use and was still functional. That made me want one.

I am actually all about pre-loved. In fact I literally ordered this morning a Renzo bag off eBay (had it authenticated here first by LLV, thank you again if you read this). I saved $1000 from retail and it's in very good shape. I feel I lucked out with this purchase. On the other hand I spent $300 on a fake Mono multiple two weeks ago, also on eBay, and still waiting to get my money back. So I figured I'd spend an extra $200 on something that is brand new and I know with utmost certainty is legitimate.

Then came along this thread with the issues aforementioned with one coming out of the boutique...haha :roflmfao:

Last edited:

Honestly, I am not kidding at all. LV is pretty good with exchanging faulty items, however if you just change your mind and decide to exchange an item or if they don't think the issue you raised is consider as faulty, they will inspect the item before they allow you to exchange it. If they found your hair in it that they have reason to believe it's an used item they can refuse to exchange it for you. I would just be extra careful to double check it before I go in and exchange anything. You might be lucky to get a SA whom are super nice and pretty lose on those policies, but you never know, as far as I know hair and smell and stains and corner wear are the things they need to check in normal return and exchange procedure.

You never know, You might want to give a try if you really not happy with the condition of the wallet. They will let you know they can or cannot exchange it for you after they inspect the condition. I am a pretty regular LV buyer (average to 30+ items per year) and I did have a few exchange experiences so I can only speak on my own experience which obviously cannot represent all the 450 LV stores around the world. Although half of the store staff knows me when I walk in, everytime if I want to exchange something non-faulty they still inspect it in detail. I am normally fine with that since I hate going into the store and get something look like used anyway, so I don't feel that bad about their strict exchange policy. But I also know people had lucky day and meet great SA that is very lose on those policies, so you might be able to give a try. However, just speak on personal choices, I probably won't exchange it if it's not faulty since I already use it, but it's your money, your wallet, your choice.

I'm shocked they let you do that.

Just be nice but firm. That heat stamp is a mess.
Good luck!
Let us know how it goes.

To be completely honest I only did it with the slender one. That can't possibly be a high seller IMHO. Once I had my cards in there I felt like I was going to tear the card sleeves in a week. The multiple I didn't need to and it is completely my fault for not paying more attention to the details. I should have caught the stamp bleeding while I was there.

Last edited:
You never know, You might want to give a try if you really not happy with the condition of the wallet. They will let you know they can or cannot exchange it for you after they inspect the condition. I am a pretty regular LV buyer (average to 30+ items per year) and I did have a few exchange experiences so I can only speak on my own experience which obviously cannot represent all the 450 LV stores around the world. Although half of the store staff knows me when I walk in, everytime if I want to exchange something non-faulty they still inspect it in detail. I am normally fine with that since I hate going into the store and get something look like used anyway, so I don't feel that bad about their strict exchange policy. But I also know people had lucky day and meet great SA that is very lose on those policies, so you might be able to give a try. However, just speak on personal choices, I probably won't exchange it if it's not faulty since I already use it, but it's your money, your wallet, your choice.

I certainly appreciate your post along with everyone else. They should go over the product with a fine tooth comb especially with how good fakes are. At the end of the day if they don't exchange it for the stamp that's ok with me. It doesn't bother me too much. What I was disappointed with was not finding the date code in the event I sell it in the future for some other LV product I want along with not understanding why it didn't have a "Made in" stamp.