Sorta disappointed with my first purchase...

With persistence I was able to identify the full date code on my wallet, it was very hard to read the full number I could initially only see the "SP" location code and mine was actually upside down in relation to the credit card slots. So yeah, it is very hard to make out the code.

The one thing I'd note based on your picture - and I'm not sure if it is just a defect or the picture - but there seems to be significant bleeding of the silver / coloring of the text. Particularly the ®, almost as if it was stamped twice.

I've attached an image, but you can also compare here:
http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/multiple-wallet-damier-graphite-000614

I'd say all in all - if you feel disappointed, then by all means contact your SA / boutique.

EDIT: baglady replied while I was preparing my post, so there definitely seems to be some agreement about that stamp. If I was in your place, I'd probably be returning.

I was finally able to make out the whole code. SD1116. My fiancé rolled over and goes, you're taking your wallet apart again aren't you? Haha. I had to laugh but I couldn't go to sleep until I found the code in its entirety because it would eat at me lol. I do agree with the bleeding, especially in the "R". It doesn't look stamped twice but does look to have some very obvious over bleed. Not as clean as the pic you posted. I should have done a better job at analyzing the wallet prior to taking it home. That is 100% my fault but was pretty excited some my attention to detail was lacking.

So when I go to return it what do I say? I don't like the stamping or??? On one hand I don't want to annoy them with what would seem to be a small issue but on the other hand with how much it does cost it should be perfect right?

My S/A was nice and made some small talk. Upon arriving home I discovered that she didn't put her card in the receipt slip/fold. In fact the receipt has the look like the toner was running out. I think both the top and bottom had ink bars on them (or however you say it that lets the user know it's time to replace the ink). I'll post a pic of that in the morning as well. I know that's extremely minor, but something else that was noticed and ultimately not important enough to care about.

Last edited:
I would definitely take that back the heat stamp is clearly a wack job.. it's bleeding everywhere!!!

...and ask to be exchanged for that reason alone? Will they look at me like I have 6 heads? Like I said in another reply I don't want to be a PITA to them but with how much it costs I guess I can be? I've never had a real picky personality.

+1
It sounds like it is made in USA and the date code can be very close to the seam in the pocket. Not to worry, it is 100% authentic if it was purchased at a boutique.

Yes it's absolutely authentic. I bought it at the Tampa LV tonight (well now yesterday evening). At least I now have discovered the date code in its entirety. Not impressed with the heat stamp.

I was going to get my initials stamped in this one and I'm glad they weren't able to on the spot. I'm sure that would make it harder to exchange for another one.

Last edited:
This would be the first time I've seen this. It's usually stamped made in France or Spain.

I thought the exact same thing. In fact while I was searching "Men's damier graphite does not have "made in"" I came across a few threads where others have said some (can't remember if it was some or all) USA offerings don't have the "Made in" in them. That was news to me!

I took my wallet to LV the other day because it needed to be repaired. I couldn't find the date code and neither could the SA, I've heard they are sometimes very well hidden in the wallets. I know it's authentic because I bought it directly from LV but I was a bit confused about it. I googled it and now I know where to look for it when I get it back :smile:

If you're not happy with the stamp then you should exchange it. It doesn't matter what they think, it's your money and your wallet and for that money you should be happy. When I bought my Sarah wallet I looked at 3 different ones because the "made in" stamp was completely off centre. The one I bought wasn't perfect either but it was better than the others.

Keep us updated :smile:

...and ask to be exchanged for that reason alone? Will they look at me like I have 6 heads? Like I said in another reply I don't want to be a PITA to them but with how much it costs I guess I can be? I've never had a real picky personality.

Yes, keep it simple. "I bought this here the other night and I would like to exchange it for one with a cleaner looking stamp."

Nothing to be afraid of; as I am sure you are very nice and will probably say it very nicely and with a smile.

I have exchanged a Multicolore Noir Sarah wallet two days after purchase because I wanted one with "more pink LVs" in front (instead of more green)! Haha. They didn't even flinch and said, "Of course!" and proceeded to bring out all their stock for me to choose from. You should be fine.

Yes something else I thought that was interesting as a first time buyer was when she was searching for the wallet I requested (also asked to look at the slender (which I would destroy with how that's designed)) she was searching through a bunch of wallets loose in a drawer (of course neatly filed) instead of them being protected by their individual boxes.

That's totally normal.

I was finally able to make out the whole code. SD1116. My fiancé rolled over and goes, you're taking your wallet apart again aren't you? Haha. I had to laugh but I couldn't go to sleep until I found the code in its entirety because it would eat at me lol. I do agree with the bleeding, especially in the "R". It doesn't look stamped twice but does look to have some very obvious over bleed. Not as clean as the pic you posted. I should have done a better job at analyzing the wallet prior to taking it home. That is 100% my fault but was pretty excited some my attention to detail was lacking.

So when I go to return it what do I say? I don't like the stamping or??? On one hand I don't want to annoy them with what would seem to be a small issue but on the other hand with how much it does cost it should be perfect right?

My S/A was nice and made some small talk. Upon arriving home I discovered that she didn't put her card in the receipt slip/fold. In fact the receipt has the look like the toner was running out. I think both the top and bottom had ink bars on them (or however you say it that lets the user know it's time to replace the ink). I'll post a pic of that in the morning as well. I know that's extremely minor, but something else that was noticed and ultimately not important enough to care about.

The one card does say "Made in USA of imported materials". Also here's a pic of the funny looking receipt.

6A3136C7-F96D-4CFB-AD19-7AAD7EC0D1F6.jpg

Yes, keep it simple. "I bought this here the other night and I would like to exchange it for one with a cleaner looking stamp."

Nothing to be afraid of; as I am sure you are very nice and will probably say it very nicely and with a smile.

I have exchanged a Multicolore Noir Sarah wallet two days after purchase because I wanted one with "more pink LVs" in front (instead of more green)! Haha. They didn't even flinch and said, "Of course!" and proceeded to bring out all their stock for me to choose from. You should be fine.

Thanks for the kind words! I will do that for sure! Is it ok to use the wallet in the meantime or should I not use it?

I took my wallet to LV the other day because it needed to be repaired. I couldn't find the date code and neither could the SA, I've heard they are sometimes very well hidden in the wallets. I know it's authentic because I bought it directly from LV but I was a bit confused about it. I googled it and now I know where to look for it when I get it back :smile:

If you're not happy with the stamp then you should exchange it. It doesn't matter what they think, it's your money and your wallet and for that money you should be happy. When I bought my Sarah wallet I looked at 3 different ones because the "made in" stamp was completely off centre. The one I bought wasn't perfect either but it was better than the others.

Keep us updated :smile:

I'm glad you were able to find that out!! They are tough to see. I could of sworn I checked the spot that I found it in. Almost as if someone came and stamped it after the I checked it the 2 other times so when I looked for the 3rd time I'd see it...haha.

Also, date codes are not meant to be read by the buyers. They are not proof of authenticity. They are internal company codes meant to be read by repair staff.

Thanks for the info. I'm just happy mine did have a code because that seems to be one of the main ways sellers advertise theirs as authentic and people who are buying ask for a way of being more comfortable with the purchase!

The good thing about date codes with the fakes they usually don't add up. From first hand experience! Before I bought this one from LV I had bought one on eBay (before I discovered LLV, one of the authenticators here) and felt ok because he had good feedback and swore it was real. Once received, and before I knew to ask to see the date code. It had a date code of "CA5062" After deciphering what that meant it showed the wallet was made in the 56th month of 2002. Also it was stamped "Made in France" while the code showed it was a Spain manufacture. So it verified it was a fake. Still waiting on PayPal to refund me the money.

Thanks for the kind words! I will do that for sure! Is it ok to use the wallet in the meantime or should I not use it?

You can only return or exchange a non-faulty item if they have not been used and in brand new condition. If it's faulty obviously they will exchange it regardless you used it or not. So don't use it if you decide you need to exchange it. If you put cards in the slots that will count as used. Be careful check whether you left any hair in it while you were try to search for date code, if you left hair in it the wallet they might refuse to exchange it due to it's non-faulty.