Books & Music Song Lyrics as a Tattoo.

I don't have a song lyric but I do have a line of written music (musical score) from Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is on the small of my back.

I love it. It is a memorial tattoo in memory of my sister who passed away last year.

^^Wow that is incredible- that's one of my favorite songs... I was going to get 'Heartache & Pain' on my wrists, from that same song.

I love lyric tattoos, I'm getting one on my ribcage from a different song- it is alot of lines so I need an area of the body with a good amount of space.

I keep thinking about 'let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic' or possibly 'you don't know how lovely you are' from the scientist by coldplay

Last edited:
My favorite song is Jeff Buckley's 'Hallelujah', so if I was to get a tattoo from that song it would just be Hallelujah.

I also love Ben Harper's 'Happy Everafter In Your Eyes', and I love the lines, "Happy everafter is in your eyes," and "wake up every day with a dream, and happy ever after in your eyes."

And there are SO MANY lyrics that really speak to me! Here are a few of my faves:

Before you swim, you've gotta be okay to sink
-- Incubus, "Earth to Bella Pt. I

Now my feet won't touch the ground (want to get this on my foot)
-- Coldplay, a few different songs

I'm going back to the start
-- Coldplay, "The Scientist"

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
-- Grateful Dead, "Scarlet Begonias"

So many roads...
-- Grateful Dead, "So Many Roads"

When that train rolls in you don't know where it's been. You gotta try and see a little further
-- Grateful Dead, "They Love Each Other"

I was a lover, before this war
-- TV On the Radio, "I Was a Lover"

Maybe they don't speak to you like they do me -- that's just it. Whatever you do should be for you and you alone. Good luck choosing!

"My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
Fairy Tales of yesterday will grow but never die."

-The Show Must Go On by Queen

I LOVE Queen. And, this whole song is so inspirational.

Edit: oops didn't notice this was an old thread!

And there are SO MANY lyrics that really speak to me! Here are a few of my faves:

Before you swim, you've gotta be okay to sink
-- Incubus, "Earth to Bella Pt. I

Now my feet won't touch the ground (want to get this on my foot)
-- Coldplay, a few different songs

I'm going back to the start
-- Coldplay, "The Scientist"

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
-- Grateful Dead, "Scarlet Begonias"

So many roads...
-- Grateful Dead, "So Many Roads"

When that train rolls in you don't know where it's been. You gotta try and see a little further
-- Grateful Dead, "They Love Each Other"

I was a lover, before this war
-- TV On the Radio, "I Was a Lover"

Maybe they don't speak to you like they do me -- that's just it. Whatever you do should be for you and you alone. Good luck choosing!

A fellow deadhead on tpf!

Nice