Books & Music Song Lyrics as a Tattoo.

Dani said:
ooooooooo, yay!

I'm so excited for you!!!! Try not to jump on matt skiba ;) ;) ;)

oh, I thought of a few more lyrics! lol.

"I will never cease to fly when held down"

or

"I will always reach too high."

both from vanessa carlton "twilight"

:smile:

:lol: Nah, I won't be that much of a groupie :P Tickets went on sale for Warped Tour this morning, are you planning on going? I don't even know who is scheduled to be playing :lol: It's June 25 here in Orlando (a Sunday, yay!), and I saw that it's coming to St. Pete on June 23.

I like the first lyrics, that would be a great choice :biggrin:

Cristina said:
:lol: Nah, I won't be that much of a groupie :P Tickets went on sale for Warped Tour this morning, are you planning on going? I don't even know who is scheduled to be playing :lol: It's June 25 here in Orlando (a Sunday, yay!), and I saw that it's coming to St. Pete on June 23.

I like the first lyrics, that would be a great choice :biggrin:

ooo, I haven't even seen the line-up yet, but I'm going to the site riiight now.......

hmm, it looks like they dont have the specific stage set ups yet, but I think I'll go to the august 2nd date in MA. :smile: I'm mad, last time I went ( two summers ago?) it was the anniversary tour, and we had the last date at gillette stadium which is like 10 min from where I live- I got the see New Found Glory live and it totally made my life- they're my favorite fun, punk-pop band of all time. :smile:

If I go, I realllly hope that Hellogoodbye, Every time I die, Against me!, The Bled, Over it, Saves the Day, and Thursday all play in MA! I'd love it if thursday did, I've never seen them live, and I'd love to be an obnoxious fan and show them my tattoo. :-P Those are the only bands from the list that I'd be excited to see. I really wish the starting line were playing this year!!

I saw sum 41 on the list-- weird!

The only thing I hate about warped tour, and actually any show in general, is mosh pits and stuff. It drives me crazy! How can you enjoy the show when youre pushing and shoving everyone around you??? I usually stay in the back where people are just chiling- I should find some way to finagle a backstage pass, not because I'm a groupie, but because its so much nicer to watch from the side of the stage. LOL.

Dani said:
ooo, I haven't even seen the line-up yet, but I'm going to the site riiight now.......

hmm, it looks like they dont have the specific stage set ups yet, but I think I'll go to the august 2nd date in MA. :smile: I'm mad, last time I went ( two summers ago?) it was the anniversary tour, and we had the last date at gillette stadium which is like 10 min from where I live- I got the see New Found Glory live and it totally made my life- they're my favorite fun, punk-pop band of all time. :smile:

If I go, I realllly hope that Hellogoodbye, Every time I die, Against me!, The Bled, Over it, Saves the Day, and Thursday all play in MA! I'd love it if thursday did, I've never seen them live, and I'd love to be an obnoxious fan and show them my tattoo. :-P Those are the only bands from the list that I'd be excited to see. I really wish the starting line were playing this year!!

I saw sum 41 on the list-- weird!

The only thing I hate about warped tour, and actually any show in general, is mosh pits and stuff. It drives me crazy! How can you enjoy the show when youre pushing and shoving everyone around you??? I usually stay in the back where people are just chiling- I should find some way to finagle a backstage pass, not because I'm a groupie, but because its so much nicer to watch from the side of the stage. LOL.

It probably won't be as hot in MA as it is here, which is a good thing. Every Warped Tour I've been to, I practically pass out from the heat! :wacko: I just realized that we'll be in West Palm by the time June rolls around, so I'll probably go to the Miami show on June 24.

Against me! is playing tomorrow with Alkaline Trio. The bf's best friend loves them, so he and his gf are coming from Gainesville to go to the show with us. I saw NFG at the 2002 Warped Tour, they were so much fun! Then in November of that year, the bf and I saw them at a small outdoor amphitheatre in Coral Springs, where they're from. It rocked, that show is one of the best I've ever been to, they're really energetic and they're a fun band to see live :nuts: The Starting Line was also at that same Warped Tour, they played on the Drive-Thru Records stage.

Just looked at the list. I hope that NOFX, Bouncing Souls, LTJ, Rise Against, Saves the Day and Sum 41 (yes, I like them :shame: ) play in Miami. Then it would really be worth the $35 ticket :P

I agree, mosh pits drive me nuts sometimes, too! When I saw NOFX in February, I got elbowed really hard on the side of my head, and people stepped on my jeans so much that they ripped :sad: When it gets really bad, you can't enjoy the show! You're pushing people out of the way, stuck under some guy's nasty, smelly armpit and wiping yourself off after getting beer spilled on you. Or at least that's what happens to me most of the time :shame:

yes!

The only mosh pit I actually liked was when I saw Sick of it All, I won't go into details but I was under the influence of something, so when I got punched in the face by some guy, I barely even noticed. :-P They were amazing to see live.

oh, and don't let it being MA fool you, it gets CRAZY hot. And then you're forced to buy water for like $5. lol.

I really need to start going to more shows again- I used to see them alllll the time.

Dani, first of all, great taste in music! Mine is very similar, i saw a girl with the Thursday dove and 'we can rise' tattooed under it on her back one time, and it was awesome. one of my fave bands ever - i really want to see them next time they come to Atlanta.

i've actually thought of this same thing myself, and i think i'd get the Bright Eyes lyric:

"You should never be embarassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats that have done the most singing."

that's actually my favorite song lyric ever, it's just....perfect. that's why i love conor oberst!

i also particularly love 'can you still feel the butterflies?' because, of course, i love jimmy eat world.

this genre of music has so many great lyrics that it's hard NOT to choose a great one. death cab for cutie has some great lyrics...too many to mention!

man, i'd so get something like this, but my BF hates tattoos...gotta wait until the, uh, future. lol. hate to say that i gotta wait until we break up...

awww, thanks 'manda!:smile:

Conor Oberst is quite the lyrical genius, but I think I have a lil' more love for Tim Kasher:heart:33.

I LOVE the lyric you chose, I think you should get it, but in a nice discreet place- your bf doesn't own you!!! :P

I'm still liking the JEW lyric the best, but like you said there are just SO many damn good one-liners. :smile:

Dani said:
awww, thanks 'manda!:smile:

Conor Oberst is quite the lyrical genius, but I think I have a lil' more love for Tim Kasher:heart:33.

I LOVE the lyric you chose, I think you should get it, but in a nice discreet place- your bf doesn't own you!!! :P

I'm still liking the JEW lyric the best, but like you said there are just SO many damn good one-liners. :smile:

lol i really should get it. it's the only tattoo that i've ever thought of that i like enough to get and keep. and he doesn't own me, but let's put it this way - i forsee an opportunity to get it in the future, so there's no reason to create drama now. if we decide we'll work out super long-term, then i'll cross the tattoo bridge when we come to it ;).

man, now i gotta think up more good tattoo song lyrics.

i like "if these were my last words, would they even make print?" from cursive's "the farewell party"

man, now i gotta

Hey, I know this post has been dead for some time but I was just wondering, Dani, did you get the tattoo?
I'm going to get the same JEW lyrics tattooed on my hip on Sunday and was just wondering if you had a photo of yours?

It's my first so I'm a little nervous!

If I were to get words tatted on me, it'd definitely be a quote from "Empire Records" (greatest movie...)
As far as songs go, the lyrics
"Oh Rexy, you're so sexy!"
Or
"Say no more mon amour" lol
Probably the former, though.

Go for it. I love tattoos when they are well done and personal and thought out. The lyric idea is great and goes with your music "theme". It's for you to decide what is best for you to have on your body, but I think it's a swell idea.

although i have come to the conclusion that i will probably never get a tattoo, if i were to get one with lyrics, i would probably get the beatles.

I would get:

"all you need is love"