some people really lack class! how do you deal?

WOW! those girls have absolutely no respect for your things :wtf: congrats on keeping your cool.

i have to say, though, i'd be very tempted to reach for their bags the next time i see them, with a cheeky, "so you don't mind if i go through your bag, right? we're that good of friends!" :graucho:

wow
I have heard of people like this, but kind of only thought that this happened on reality tv shows! I guess because I feel very lucky that I have even one of these really high end bags, I really can't imagine flaunting it in anyone else's face or the opposite - pointing my finger and laughing at someone who might have a replica because they maybe couldn't afford a real one. My point is that there is always a "table of the cool kids" and sometimes life just feels like a giant cafeteria. You should be commended for your grace with which you handled this situation and be so glad that you are above your friends' childish behaviors and would never be either one of these kinds of people. Keep on enjoying your bag and just remember that 'what goes around comes around'. It might take awhile but they will get back the karma they tried to dish out today.

Wow. You handled that really well aarti! I know I would have totally snatched my bag outta her hands, and tell her how RUDE she was being!!

How dare she go through your bag trying to look at the tag after insisting that it was PLEATHER. Pffft!! :hysteric:

:cursing:
Wow!!! That is one of the rudest people I have ever heard of!!! And you handled yourself very well! I am sure it was very hard for you to keep yourself from launching at her "a la meangirls"! I mean there really is no certain way to deal with this, because anything you said about her being rude, she's too rude to understand!
:wtf:
I experienced something not as bad, but still bad. I was getting my nails done and the gal doing my nails was admiring my LV Suede Fringe Bucket. To date this is the most expensive ($3900) bag I have ever owned, so needless to say I take extreme care of it. I tell her it's LV, and she gestures for me to hand it to her. I do, and as I sit there she opens it and starts digging through it. But worse than that she starts bending the edges really hard, like she is studying the stitches or something. And her hands are all over the light leather on the trim, and she keeps bending away. Finally I had to reach over and grab it out of her hands. During this, her and the others in the salon were talking a mile a minute, and in a language I didn't understand!
:wtf:
The rudeness of others can be truly mind boggling! I think the shock of it, is what keeps us from saying what we later really wish we would have said!
:cursing:

just ignore her, don't think about it
don't waste yr time to deal with people like these
you already did good
by now i'm sure, she's searching on internet, trying to find what brand is that
or maybe she couldn't find coz' she doesn't know how to spell BALENCIAGA

See that is when I would have channelled my Native American roots and turned into "Chief Slap-a-Ho" cause one if not both girls would have gotten five upside their heads for (1) picking up my bag (2) for opening and bag and (3) being snotty.

Since its Black History Month, I am paying homage to Malcom rather than Martin ........

Just my take.....

(sorry rough day at work.....)

See that is when I would have channelled my Native American roots and turned into "Chief Slap-a-Ho" cause one if not both girls would have gotten five upside their heads for (1) picking up my bag (2) for opening and bag and (3) being snotty.

Since its Black History Month, I am paying homage to Malcom rather than Martin ........

Just my take.....

LOL Clarke... you crack me up! :roflmfao:

I totally agree... If it was me in the situation, I dont think I would have been able to restrain myself.

But... I probably wouldnt have let it go that far to begin with...

You need to stand up for yourself girl... or pick some nicer mates!

That's soo rude!! I think you handled the situation very well and with dignity, Aarti! I don't think there is anything else you could have said to stop them because I think they were plain jealous and wanted to say something mean! It's usually the really insecure girls that become so loud and mean in groups because it gives them a self-esteem boost they could not have on their own. I would just avoid them in future and whenever you run into them, greet them with a big, self-confident smile and walk on!:yes:

lmao @ the possible retorts from everyone! :lol: *bows to chief-slap-a-ho*

those girls really have no concept of politeness or personal space...

very strange behavior in my opinion. I always feel weird picking up another woman's bag. you know what I mean? purses are private, they hold all your personal important papers, your makeup, all your essentials. I just dont have any clue as to why those girls would think it acceptable to pick up someone's purse, rifle through it and put it on themselves??

Just my take.....

:roflmfao: CLAKE: you are killing me!! I had visions of a Three Stooges type slap, where in one swipe of the hand, you slap multiple people...and march away with a "you betta recognize". :roflmfao:

Wow, how rude! And immature! Tell her to put down the Star Magazine and wack her with Vogue. Was she living in a cave for the past 5 years!

However, the advise to keep your bag with you is sound. I've heard of women putting lipstick or even slicing other woman's bags because they are high designer and can't afford them themselves. Jealousy is ugly.

You handled it well, though. But never let anyone touch your purse without your consent.

I think anyone who can justify rummaging through your bag without your consent really has no sense of boundaries. I had an experience once where I had invited a woman (who lives down the road from us) to bring her daughter over on a hot day and use our swimming pool. Her daughter and my son go to the same school. She came alone and used the pool, then came into my house uninvited, welcomed herself to beverages from my refrigerator, started to check out my closets and began to open drawers:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:. I was so shocked by her behavior that I didn't know what to do, :sos: so I said I had to run an errand and told her she would have to leave. She went back to the pool and was still there well into the late/nearly evening hours. My SO returns home from work and asks why this woman is still here, I told him what had happened earlier. He went down to the pool and tried to be tactful and suggested she might consider calling it a day. Two hours later he went back down to the pool and bluntly told her to get the h__l off our property. He returned to the house and told me that this type of person only understands the thick end of a baseball bat. So I commend you on keeping your composure but then there are times.......:smash: :boxing: :smash:

I think anyone who can justify rummaging through your bag without your consent really has no sense of boundaries. I had an experience once where I had invited a woman (who lives down the road from us) to bring her daughter over on a hot day and use our swimming pool. Her daughter and my son go to the same school. She came alone and used the pool, then came into my house uninvited, welcomed herself to beverages from my refrigerator, started to check out my closets and began to open drawers:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:. I was so shocked by her behavior that I didn't know what to do, :sos: so I said I had to run an errand and told her she would have to leave. She went back to the pool and was still there well into the late/nearly evening hours. My SO returns home from work and asks why this woman is still here, I told him what had happened earlier. He went down to the pool and tried to be tactful and suggested she might consider calling it a day. Two hours later he went back down to the pool and bluntly told her to get the h__l off our property. He returned to the house and told me that this type of person only understands the thick end of a baseball bat. So I commend you on keeping your composure but then there are times.......:smash: :boxing: :smash:

Unreal. My house was robbed once and that kind of behavier would make me very suspecious. I hope you don't have contact with her anymore.

One of my not so fashionable but thinks she is a godsend friend once told me She saw my bag selling at 20 dollars!!! I laughed out right out in her face. I just couldn't stop myself:roflmfao:
Oops