some people really lack class! how do you deal?

Another jealous girl. She's lucky you're nice because if she would have gone through my purse she'd be seeing stars right now!!

I probably would have drawn the line at some stranger rummaging through my purse too. That kind of behavior is tactless and tasteless. Some people who are like that might mistake your composure for weakness and they might press harder to hit a nerve the next time an occasion arises. I wouldn't be leaving my bag laying around unattended.....people with that kind of brass are capable of worse things than rummaging through your bag.

I keep all of my tags in my bags, so I would have unzipped the inner pocket, taken out the price tag, handed it to them, and said, "ummm for THIS price do YOU think this is pleather " (*******s):cursing: :hysteric:

wow aarti... you handled the situation with tact....

Me on the other hand.... my friends KNOW not to touch my things with out politely asking!

I think that girl is sad and jealous, and she doesn't deserve another thought from you. How old is she... ten? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but these girls were rude and the ***** in me would have made an appearance. I would have snatched my bag out of that chicks hands, opened it up, flashed the Balenciaga tag and said "HELLLOOO...this is a Balenciaga bag...a French brand you can only buy it at Neimans, Saks, Barneys or their store in Manhattan. You WISH it were pleather... then maybe you could afford it". :rolleyes:

well handled. i give you props for not ripping her head off right there. I used to feel that way when I would get snickers from my coworkers that carry LV and DB and Coach. (there was a thread on it too) I don't think it all really matters if people know or care how much your bag costs. As long you like it an know what it is, that's all that matters. I think that's what BBags are all about, being understated and not flashy.

OMG! How rude and irritating! Not only is she clueless but to actually go through someone's bag...:shocked: You handled it so calmly I admire you. I would have soooo snapped back at her stupid comments if I was in your place lol.... Well done!

I'm sorry but these girls were rude and the ***** in me would have made an appearance. I would have snatched my bag out of that chicks hands, opened it up, flashed the Balenciaga tag and said "HELLLOOO...this is a Balenciaga bag...a French brand you can only buy it at Neimans, Saks, Barneys or their store in Manhattan. You WISH it were pleather... then maybe you could afford it". :rolleyes:

Ha ha. Yes, I agree. I think she went too far when she picked up your bag and started going through it. I'd never go through a friends purse or even my mother's bag without permission. You just don't do that!

Don't be sad, I got a girlfriend said she never heard of Balenciaga and later on she said she saw it in Harvey Nichols and this brand shouldn't cost so much. The next time I saw her she just bought one. :sweatdrop: Sometimes people are jealous of what you got and try to copy that from you. You should be proud of knowing Balenciaga and has a good taste. ;)

As soon as she gets home you know she's going to google "Balenciaga" and get knocked off her chair once she realizes that a real Bbag is most definitely *not* made of pleather!

ITA...that girl has googled Balenciaga to see what it's all about -- and she's probably on eBay right now trying to figure out pricing.

And now I'm going to say something really mean -- I hope she buys a fake!

Congrats on not knocking her down when she started going through your bag -- that was outrageous!

aarti, I think that you handled the situation very well. I'm really disappointed to hear that these women (or at least one of them) are friends of yours. You know how much Bbags cost, and that's all that counts. If they can't tell the difference between cuir pleine fleur and pleather, c'mon now?! Need you say more? :shrugs: :shocked: :hrmm:

You did the right thing. You remained humble and didn't blurt "designer" around the room. This shows you are very comfortable with who you are. That's what is so good about Balenciaga. It's understated. I hate people who are "showy". Well done!