SOG Removal.........

Wow 4 weeks!!! im so impressed!! i can barely get 2 weeks out of mine its usually only 7 or so days :sad:

A couple had peeled of with her help but apart from that they held up remarkably well.

Strange thing is my recent mani has also held up well (IBD Indian Sari with gelcolor base and top coats). I think gelcolor has played really well with the opi gelcolor, it didn't last well with Shellac for me.

Wow 4 weeks!!! im so impressed!! i can barely get 2 weeks out of mine its usually only 7 or so days :sad:

Yes, it held up really well, although she did peel off two.

I think ibd colours with opt gelcolor base and top work well together for me, better than it worked with Shellac base and top coat.

This is my IBD Indian Sari manicure using gelcolor base and top at 7 days and stamped at 10 days no chips or lifting.

Under this I am wearing Orly Rubberized basecoat for the first time and the tips have Gelish Pro Bond. When

When I soak off I will use CND Nourishing Remover on the right hand where I damaged a nail last time and maybe acetone or expert touch on the left hand to compare and see if the rnp base and new remover make for a super easy soak off.

Attachments

• Ibd indian sari at 1 week.jpg
    Ibd indian sari at 1 week.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 797
  • Stamping Barry M Gold Foil.jpg
    Stamping Barry M Gold Foil.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
I just had an AMAZING removal! I just used the silicone page turners with acetone and glycerin mix then placed my hands inside mittens. Waited about 12 minutes and my polish just slid off completely! I had the vitagel strength as base instead of foundation so i think that contributed to the fast removal. i have tried the foil wraps and grahams wraps, but i feel the silicone finger cots are the easiest for me. Oh and this was the first time w the glycerin and acetone mix and my nails and cuticles were not dry at all. This is the best they have ever looked after a removal!
I just want to thank all you ladies for your advice and help. I have learned so much from everyone. For the first time i actually felt happy and proud with my removal. I love my sogs but have always dreaded the removal..but now i am so glad i found sonething that works for me without damaging my nails. =)
So i tried to find the glycerin and walgreens said they dont carry it...

Have you tried Walmart?

No walgreens was on my way home after my 12 hr shift i wasnt going far out of my way lol

Try an independent pharmacy (non chain), or a health food store where they also stock home remedies, jojoba oil, and other eco friendly things used to make "natural" soaps and moisturizers.

Oh geez ill have to search around my area to find this...

I found this in Walmart by the rubbing alcohol/peroxide, bottom shelf.

Okay ill have to take a peak next week when i actually have days off again...

No walgreens was on my way home after my 12 hr shift i wasnt going far out of my way lol

Oh geez ill have to search around my area to find this...

Okay ill have to take a peak next week when i actually have days off again...

Have you considered mixing moisturizing nail polish remover with a little more acetone? I do that; it's easy and the results are the same. Try getting one of the formulas with vitamin E.

Have you considered mixing moisturizing nail polish remover with a little more acetone? I do that; it's easy and the results are the same. Try getting one of the formulas with vitamin E.
One of the nail polish removers i have is the moisturizing... really i dont notice much difference but i dont use it often. i just wanted a small bottle to see ah well :smile:

I had a great removal yesterday.

This mani held up well, soaked off at day 11 but only because I tore a nail. No chips or lifting.

I used Orly Rubberized basecoat under OPI Gelcolor basecoat and Gelish Pro Bond on the tips.

I soaked off using CND Nourishing Remover for 15 mins with my normal method (foil, cotton balls, plastic bag, towel and hot water bottle).

The gel slipped of easily in one sheet - just like it used to before I got my new lamp.

I'm very happy!!! :smile:

1365166068785.jpg

Yes, it held up really well, although she did peel off two.

I think ibd colours with opt gelcolor base and top work well together for me, better than it worked with Shellac base and top coat.

This is my IBD Indian Sari manicure using gelcolor base and top at 7 days and stamped at 10 days no chips or lifting.

Under this I am wearing Orly Rubberized basecoat for the first time and the tips have Gelish Pro Bond. When

When I soak off I will use CND Nourishing Remover on the right hand where I damaged a nail last time and maybe acetone or expert touch on the left hand to compare and see if the rnp base and new remover make for a super easy soak off.

I had a great removal yesterday.

This mani held up well, soaked off at day 11 but only because I tore a nail. No chips or lifting.

I used Orly Rubberized basecoat under OPI Gelcolor basecoat and Gelish Pro Bond on the tips.

I soaked off using CND Nourishing Remover for 15 mins with my normal method (foil, cotton balls, plastic bag, towel and hot water bottle).

The gel slipped of easily in one sheet - just like it used to before I got my new lamp.

I'm very happy!!! :smile:

View attachment 2128714

Super Nice! I have this color but have yet to use it:smile:

I noticed a few pages back that some of up you were talking about the bandage wraps. I have found a much cheaper, and in my opinion more efficient way to do the same thing- make your own. Any chemist sell the bandage that sticks to itself. You can buy it wide enough that you can cut it width ways as well as into the lengths you need. Then soak a cotton ball in remover, and wrap your strip of cut bandage around it. I then wrap some foil over the top, because it helps prevent evaporation and keeps the heat in. However, the foil doesn't fall off, like it does without the bandage wrap under it. I tried using the bought bandage wraps, and still had to put a soaked cotton ball underneath, because I found the pad was too small and thin to 'hug' the nail properly, so I'd never get a full removal at once. It works brilliantly, and saves so much money. I got all of my friends who use SOG's to try it as well, and they have now switched to this method as well. I hope this helps anyone looking for a cheap method that works :smile: